Favorite Version

Fallen

Ruby, Sapphire or Emerald?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Ruby, Sapphire or Emerald?

• Ruby
    • Sapphire
    • Emerald

Sapphire's my favorite color of them all (fun fact: Ruby is a red sapphire), but I like Emerald for its extended functionality. Plus it uses FR/LG's font.

I forgot all about that.

I prefer Emerald as well. Extended play is always better in my book.

I forgot all about that.

I prefer Emerald as well. Extended play is always better in my book.

Indeed. After playing Platinum, I felt as if Diamond/Pearl were missing a LOT of good stuff.

That comment about the Red Sapphire was also in Megaman Battle Network 2 :P

Indeed. After playing Platinum, I felt as if Diamond/Pearl were missing a LOT of good stuff.

That comment about the Red Sapphire was also in Megaman Battle Network 2 :P

I used to play his games alot, those were good games back then, what did you miss most that D/P didn't have and Pt did?

Like the lack of Fire types... I had to stick with Ponyta. I hoped they added more to her movepool... but she was still not too great and evolved at level 40... which was almost hard to be patient with.

Factor that with the realism thing... the Route where it's raining between Veilstone and Solaceon... there were GEODUDES and PONYTA in there! In Platinum, they were replaced with Marills... Staravias... Lickitungs.. and SCYTHERs. I liked how they added more to the storyline, more parts, and more Pokemon.

Like the lack of Fire types... I had to stick with Ponyta. I hoped they added more to her movepool... but she was still not too great and evolved at level 40... which was almost hard to be patient with.

Factor that with the realism thing... the Route where it's raining between Veilstone and Solaceon... there were GEODUDES and PONYTA in there! In Platinum, they were replaced with Marills... Staravias... Lickitungs.. and SCYTHERs. I liked how they added more to the storyline, more parts, and more Pokemon.

I forgot all about Ponyta and Geodude being on the route. Not thought out too well on their part.

yeah it has to be emerald, if you ask me its one the best pokemon games ever, there was lots to do, loads of legends. it blows sinnoh away, well diamond anyway, platinums still not out here, but i cant see it beeing that much better than diamond.

I voted Emerald. For a start, I can't stand the Ruby/Sapphire font. As well as that, there are general improvements and a better story-line. I always love the "3rd game to the series". Emerald was by far one of the best. I'd reccomend it to anyone who likes Pokémon.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh, Emerald; no contest here.

I'm actually happy I bought my copy on launch day. Everywhere I look, this game sits at a hefty price tag (for a GBA game) of around 35~40 US Dollars. Is it really that high on demand or...? :/

Regardless, it remains one of my favorite games. Coincidentally, I started a brand new playthrough of it this morning. Six years later, it still feels oddly refreshing to play.

I'm actually happy I bought my copy on launch day. Everywhere I look, this game sits at a hefty price tag (for a GBA game) of around 35~40 US Dollars. Is it really that high on demand or...? :/

I wish I could have gotten mine on launch day.

I got it exactly 30 days later, though.

I even still have it. I have to start a new file on it once I finish Platinum.

Another question for you guys: If Ruby/Sapphire were to remade in Gen V, would you still play your Gen III carts?

I wish I could have gotten mine on launch day.

I got it exactly 30 days later, though.

I even still have it. I have to start a new file on it once I finish Platinum.

Another question for you guys: If Ruby/Sapphire were to remade in Gen V, would you still play your Gen III carts?

That's like asking if we still play Red after FireRed came out. Of course.