So Much For School...[Swine Flu Discussion]

Okami

Well, my school has been shut down for the rest of the week due to a suspected case of swine flu in one of our Seniors. It may continue into next week, as well.

How is your community being affected by the news of the current swine flu epidemic?

Wow. What region is this? My university isn't closing anytime soon... finals week are closing in.

Some of my friends are getting this flu... is this getting serious?

The World Health Organization and CDC have posted this as a level 5 as of last night (the last I heard of anything), that's one level away from being a worldwide pandemic. So yes, it is becoming serious.

It's spreading further and further around the world as time continues to pass...

As for me, I believe I just have a cold, but I'm keeping an eye on my symtoms. Being sick, especially right now, is not very good.

The principal of our school sent a note home about the swine flu today; apparently there might be a case of it in my county, but it isn't confirmed yet. I kinda hope my school does get closed, 'cuz I find school more boring than sitting around on my butt playing video games and surfin' the Web. But really, the swine flu has killed about 70 people in Mexico, but, NEWSFLASH! Strains A & B of normal Influenza kill 100,000 people a year! 100,000! Swine flu doesn't seem that serious anymore, does it?:rolleyes:

P.S. Congrats on being the 1,000th member of the Project Pokémon forums, Sly! :D

*sniffles* I actually wish school wasn't closed here...we were going to begin our Dream Analysis unit in Psychology and we were continuing Issues Faced by Adolescents in Sociology...

Now both have been postponed. Ughhh, I have nothing to do but sit and twiddle my thumbs and watch pokemon battle videos over wifi.

Ooooh, a psychology class sounds fun. I wish we had that. But, no, rural Virginia offers classes on, well....

Small Animal Care (How to feed a kitty! It wasn't that bad, I liked our old and senile teacher... )

Earth Science (Learn about dirt! And the solar system, which I liked, but mars has nothing to do with earth. D: )

Film Studies (....Seriously? And the teacher doesn't let you analyze movies, she TELLS you what they "mean", even though most are able to be interpreted differently...)

Cosmetology (Wait... What? O.o )

So, yeah. School time off would be great. Apparently one guy in my class wants to go FIND the flu, get it, and bring it here. >.<

*sniffles* I actually wish school wasn't closed here...we were going to begin our Dream Analysis unit in Psychology and we were continuing Issues Faced by Adolescents in Sociology...

Now both have been postponed. Ughhh, I have nothing to do but sit and twiddle my thumbs and watch pokemon battle videos over wifi.

LOLDREAMANALYSIS?

FREUD?

Dude, that stuff is such bogus. We covered that about 2 months ago and it basically allows the psychologist to interpret the ambiguous and abstract images as something relative to your life.

And Sociology is boring unless it's about the authoritarian personality.

LOLDREAMANALYSIS?

FREUD?

Dude, that stuff is such bogus. We covered that about 2 months ago and it basically allows the psychologist to interpret the ambiguous and abstract images as something relative to your life.

And Sociology is boring unless it's about the authoritarian personality.

I don't agree with Freud either, but still, it's interesting to learn stuff like this for some people. Sure I don't like it either, but don't be rude X_X

OK, YOUR school is pretty sweet, okami. I wish we learned about cooler things than ANCIENT CIVILISATIONS, but that's middle school for ya. That's as close as I'm gonna get to revealing my age, by the way. -_- Then again, I couldn't handle high school and college stuff, but my friend Elliot could. He is in sophomore high school math. :eek: Anyways, I've revealed too much, bye for the night I guess.

OK, YOUR school is pretty sweet, okami. I wish we learned about cooler things than ANCIENT CIVILISATIONS, but that's middle school for ya. That's as close as I'm gonna get to revealing my age, by the way. -_- Then again, I couldn't handle high school and college stuff, but my friend Elliot could. He is in sophomore high school math. :eek: Anyways, I've revealed too much, bye for the night I guess.

What's wrong with ancient civilizations? History is one of my favorite subjects :)

Heh, I like history. Just not american history. I find it boring.

"Hay guise, letz go rebel against england cuz were teh uber rebelz and then fight amongst ourselves cuz were just kewl like that, kk?"

I love ancient Greece though. I would burn my school down if I could take that class again.

WTB swine flu, PST.

Gah... I need to lay off the WoW.

Heh, I like history. Just not american history. I find it boring.

"Hay guise, letz go rebel against england cuz were teh uber rebelz and then fight amongst ourselves cuz were just kewl like that, kk?"

I love ancient Greece though. I would burn my school down if I could take that class again.

WTB swine flu, PST.

Gah... I need to lay off the WoW.

American history is just filled with those legal things in the constitution part... which is boring, I'll give you that. My specialty is European history.

I think the media makes it bigger than what it is to scare Americans to listen to the Government and fall lower than what we have to. The normal flu kills 36,000 Americans a year! Swine Flu killed only 150s (Last I checked) in Mexico. =|

That's right. Media over-exaggerates everything... so don't fall for the scare too much, but be on your guard...