Pokemon Black and White Translation Project

Kaarosu

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?11397-Pokemon-Black-and-White-Translation-Project&p=92835&viewfull=1#post92835

OK I edited my post and is working for White and Black. No roms out of respect for the rules. Glad you guys got it working and I'm glad to help. Thanks for the translations, everyone.

Cleaned everything up a little bit too.

I hate to sound stupid but I still can't figure this out.

I don't know if this has been adressed yet, but you can in fact keep your save files. all you have to do is rename the patched file to whatever you originally had it as. (I believe for most of us this will be b-Pokemonw or b-pokemonb). This will allow you to use your save file. As for things I would like to nitpick about.

It's slightly annoying that the Pokemon Status Pages are in Japanese still, even though I know the order, I would still like to see "Attack" "Defense" etc. The other protagonists name's are Cheren(Might be wrong) and Belle, Cheren is a male for sure. I would like the names of who I'm fighting to be translated, but that's probably a bit much.

I think that's all I've got to say for now. The most important thing here is to rename your game so that you can keep your save file.

I want this in english but Xdelta isnt working. not even on xp vista or 7 (i have 3 different computers in my house) i really want the english trans... help me plz

If it's the "The application failed to initialize properly" Error when trying to use xDelta GUI:

You need to install Microsoft's .NET Framework.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=ab99342f-5d1a-413d-8319-81da479ab0d7

Just updated the first post for those DSST users under the troubleshooting part, let me know if this works for you guys.

You left out the part were you run the file through eNDrypt. This is a necassary step. I could not get the roms to run even if I used the normal game ID. I haven't a clue why. That's just how it worked out. Otherwise, it's perfect. The unpatched roms run without needing eNDrypt (thus keeping their normal game ID), even though the files have their true game id's. The same cannot be said about the translated ones unless I screwed up somewhere.

You left out the part were you run the file through eNDrypt. This is a necassary step. I could not get the roms to run even if I used the normal game ID. I haven't a clue why. That's just how it worked out. Otherwise, it's perfect.

Oh alright, I figured it was only needed to find out what the 'real' game IDs were but i'll add that in shortly

Alright updated the first post with more detailed instructions for DSTT users, it *should* take care of your problem. Any feedback is appreciated and thanks to ddc1 for the fix.

Edit:

Well that should take care of the 'bigger' problems right now i'm going to see if i can address the other bugs now. I'll check the thread randomly and reply if needed (multitasking yay)

Edited by Kaarosu
don't want to double post