Pokemon Black and White Translation Project

Kaarosu

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm trying to patch it using xdelta gui, but i can't patch it,,,

i've already selected the patch file and the ROM file but when i click 'Apply patch',,nothing happened.....

so how should i fix this?

by the way,i'm really thankful to everyone who's contributing to this project,,

Same here, anyone knows how to solve this?

PS: i have .net framework

EDIT: i managed to do it =) i had to place it on my HD folder and do the steps there

My post above might work for you. I'm using YSMENU but I think they use the same files. I've no clue.

Hey man. I have been keeping an eye on this project past few days.

It was a nightmare trying to get things to work. It would work only in japanese, or it would only work on Desmume etc etc.

What ddc1 said is completely right for people having trouble with DSTT for either R4 or R4i. I couldnt get it to work for my R4i at all but eventually after downloading what he put up, it all worked.

What I did was I first patched the file then downloaded the file ddc1 uploaded, ran the eNDryptS Advanced (Essential to run as admin) and put it onto my DS.

Personally, I made about 4 files per try and did a little tweak on each.

I transferred one over with the old patch, the new patch, no patch and old patch overwrited by new one. The new patch by itself is that one which works, for what its worth.

Thanks again lads.

Pleased to see all the work by the community has paid off with such a quick and effective patch, great job guys. Being a DSTT owner though, I anxiously await ddc1's white fix - I lack the knowhow to do it myself, and am getting the same errors as Amorda mentioned earlier.

Edit -Running as administrator like Alter suggested allowed me to decrypt it, just hoping ddc1 can fix infolib/extinfo for white now.

I'm not sure if this is a known problem or not, but I'm playing on an original fat DS with Acekard Akaio 1.7.1, and when you click into your Bag, it seems as if the screen is slightly cut off. The text on the side says "You don't have thi" and then it cuts off. And the backpack/purse thing is only half on the screen.

Picture -

glitchw.jpg

Hey man. I have been keeping an eye on this project past few days.

It was a nightmare trying to get things to work. It would work only in japanese, or it would only work on Desmume etc etc.

What ddc1 said is completely right for people having trouble with DSTT for either R4 or R4i. I couldnt get it to work for my R4i at all but eventually after downloading what he put up, it all worked.

What I did was I first patched the file then downloaded the file ddc1 uploaded, ran the eNDryptS Advanced (Essential to run as admin) and put it onto my DS.

Personally, I made about 4 files per try and did a little tweak on each.

I transferred one over with the old patch, the new patch, no patch and old patch overwrited by new one. The new patch by itself is that one which works, for what its worth.

Thanks again lads.

Thanks i got it working :)

alright just went through the pages I missed and been taking note of what you guys have found so far and i'll see if i can address them today. As for the DSST users I don't own one myself(I use a ak2i) with Beta v3 when I get to it i'll make a 'no exp' patch and see if that can address your errors, or like I've read some of you saying that it's something about the Game ID... I put what the Beta v2 Game IDs changed to in the first post if there is a way to use that for a possible fix. Anyways I'm going to try an address these errors now, thanks for the feedback so far.

These might have been posted already, but it's a huge ass thread, so....

I've noticed a couple of errors, my Victini learned the move Headbutt, and the description says you can use headbutt to find pokémon in trees, a feature from HG/SS, but not in B/W.

In a double battle, my Moguryuu hit everyone with earthquake, including Charen's Yanappu. It said "Yanappu <br> is not very effective...", or something weird looking to that effect.

These might have been posted already, but it's a huge ass thread, so....

I've noticed a couple of errors, my Victini learned the move Headbutt, and the description says you can use headbutt to find pokémon in trees, a feature from HG/SS, but not in B/W.

In a double battle, my Moguryuu hit everyone with earthquake, including Charen's Yanappu. It said "Yanappu <br> is not very effective...", or something weird looking to that effect.

Thanks, I'll look for it but it seems everything shifted down or up? in the 16.txt at some point that's why some moves show the right text and others don't.

its just the Game ID Kaarosu thats the problem for DSTT users, as ddc1's guide actually fixed it and worked properly, we will just have to do that guide for each patch that comes out.

Also a question when a newer version comes out will i patch over the patched rom or patch a clean one again?

like i have beta v2 patch on now would i just put v3 patch over the current patched rom i have or is it best to use a clean one?

its just the Game ID Kaarosu thats the problem for DSTT users, as ddc1's guide actually fixed it and worked properly, we will just have to do that guide for each patch that comes out.

Also a question when a newer version comes out will i patch over the patched rom or patch a clean one again?

like i have beta v2 patch on now would i just put v3 patch over the current patched rom i have or is it best to use a clean one?

I always start with a clean copy as to avoid conflicts so everyone should as well. Every patch start over with a clean version of the game.