Pokemon Black and White Translation Project

Kaarosu

Did you try this?

Hate to break it to you, but you're getting Romaji and Kanji confused. Romaji is just romanized Japanese, Kanji is a different writing style of Jap.

Check it yourself, the new moves/pokes are still Romaji.

Now, there are no new names for the pokemon, but the moves can still be literally translated into English.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to break it to you, but you're getting Romaji and Kanji confused. Romaji is just romanized Japanese, Kanji is a different writing style of Jap.

Check it yourself, the new moves/pokes are still Romaji.

Now, there are no new names for the pokemon, but the moves can still be literally translated into English.

Ah thanks for the correction then, should be fixed soon then(this is what betas are for ;D)

Ah thanks for the correction then, should be fixed soon then(this is what betas are for ;D)

Yeah, and I must admit it really gets quite confusing at times, all the 'ji's and 'kana's and stuff. Haha.

Also, I've noticed that text wrapping is broken on move descriptions. May want to fix that.

Hey guys, thanks for all the work you've done on this. I have a question though, do any of you have links to the original patch to make the game work? I've obtained a clean rom but if I'm correct then the clean roms wont play without the aforementioned patch.

Hey guys, thanks for all the work you've done on this. I have a question though, do any of you have links to the original patch to make the game work? I've obtained a clean rom but if I'm correct then the clean roms wont play without the aforementioned patch.

Hey nathan ;D

tut tut, read the original post, the patch is included in the beta :P

p.s i lost my save data, my zebras gone :( fail

Apparently I'm doing it wrong (which means I forgot to do it, like an idiot, because I've patched using xDelta for Tales of Innocence and various other patches before). Someone mind PMing me about how to do this (since I'm going to class and sure as hell this will have moved like 10 pages past by the time I get back). It keeps throwing a "xdelta 3: not a VCDIFF input: XD3_Invalid_Input" at me. Picking Blackbeta2.patch as patch (obviously), and a supposedly clean Pocket Monsters Black (a backup created after patching the original) as the source file.

Edit: Nevermind. Screwed around a bit more and found out my version of xDelta was a bit outdated. Got it working with KAZO's link. Herpaderp.

Hey I'm having a bit of trouble, I have patched a fresh ROM and made a copy of my save file with the same name but in game my Pokemon I have previously received or caught still have the Japanese name but then every other Pokemon has a English names.

Please don't tell me I have to start a new game every time a patch comes out to get English names or is there a name changer person that lets you fit more than 5 characters (if not that would be nice to patch :biggrin: )

Hey I'm having a bit of trouble, I have patched a fresh ROM and made a copy of my save file with the same name but in game my Pokemon I have previously received or caught still have the Japanese name but then every other Pokemon has a English names.

Please don't tell me I have to start a new game every time a patch comes out to get English names or is there a name changer person that lets you fit more than 5 characters (if not that would be nice to patch :biggrin: )

The problem here (I think) is that the pokemon you have caught have their jap name due to that being their name in the save file, whereas the translation effects the ROM only. So what you have (in a sort of way) is the pokemon with nicknames; I imagine the name-rater guy, wherever he is, will fix that for you.

Otherwise you're stuck with Jap + Eng names for the time being :/.

Hey, just registered to show my support, Great job to everyone involved. I have begun my play through of the beta patch and will post whenever I find an error.

So first one up

Whenever my Pokemon are odor sleuth'ed by other Pokemon it says,for example, " Pokabu's illusion wore off!"

Hey guys. I am new to this here site and I just wanted to say what a heck of a job you all are doing. I also wanted to know how you guys are going about translating the roms. I was also wanting to know if anyone could tell me how to do it. I am fluent in japanese have been for about 2 years now. let me know.

Okay, si Im back from school, and Im going to a stupid boring place without internet in 1 hour...

Can anyone please tell me is the translation patch works on CycloDS fw v1.59???

And can anyone also tell me all the problems the patch has??

Thanks!!