Pokemon Black and White Translation Project

Kaarosu

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So essentially, what is left to be translated so far?

I imagine, in order of priority;

The rest of 0016 (battle text)

Item names etc that are still in romaji

THEN story?

Am I missing something? There's a couple of odd bits like the badge box is still in Japanese, but I can't think what else there is that hasn't already been done...there's been SO much work put into this the last few days, I imagine if the same amount of work were to be put in the story line could be done in a couple of weeks, realistically.

Wait, it was the pokedex that came up in japanese when I recieved it..my bad

still in english in the menu though

Well I think they will probably do all the menus like for the union room and other wifi stuff before the story

And u forgot the moves that are still in romaji

So essentially, what is left to be translated so far?

I imagine, in order of priority;

The rest of 0016 (battle text)

Item names etc that are still in romaji

THEN story?

Am I missing something? There's a couple of odd bits like the badge box is still in Japanese, but I can't think what else there is that hasn't already been done...there's been SO much work put into this the last few days, I imagine if the same amount of work were to be put in the story line could be done in a couple of weeks, realistically.

Wait, it was the pokedex that came up in japanese when I recieved it..my bad

still in english in the menu though

The Pokemon Stats screen should prob be translated. The Stats natures and abilities are still in jap.\

BTW has anyone played through the entire game with this patch yet?

First of all I want to say thank you to everyone that's working on this you're doing such a good job!

Secondly I just wanted to inquire as to what exactly should be translated in the beta patch? When i view the summary of my pokemon where it shows what pokemon they are + in the pokedex their names are in English, but just at the party + battle screens they're still in japanese... like I've given them a nickname? Sorry if i'm being a complete noob and they're not actually supposed to be in english there yet or not, or theres something really easy that someone else has already explained how to fix but i wasnt going to read through 51 pages D:

Hey guys.

Tested on EDGE 1.11. Working fine so far, and evolution doesn't hang.

Question: The rainy cities Fukiyose up to Sekka are all sunny now. Is this a side effect or does the weather really change?

Thanks for the effort on translation, you are all upstanding gentlemen.

i think its normal because i had that experience too even before the patch is released

First of all I want to say thank you to everyone that's working on this you're doing such a good job!

Secondly I just wanted to inquire as to what exactly should be translated in the beta patch? When i view the summary of my pokemon where it shows what pokemon they are + in the pokedex their names are in English, but just at the party + battle screens they're still in japanese... like I've given them a nickname? Sorry if i'm being a complete noob and they're not actually supposed to be in english there yet or not, or theres something really easy that someone else has already explained how to fix but i wasnt going to read through 51 pages D:

I only just came here today and I read every page...

Things that should be translated:

-Item names(and their effects)

-Pokemon Names(in Pokedex, Battle Screen, and Change Pokemon Screen)

-Attacks(as well as their elemental type)

-Attack effects

-Basically anything you need to battle

-Route Names

-Town Names

-Random Key Items

Note: For the people will stuff still in Romaji, open the options menu in-game, go down to the 5th option and select the other option it has there, should fix the Romaji

Please remember guys, this is a BETA patch meaning that there will probably be quite a few patches before a v1 patch comes out.

As for the storyline, the would be a lot more complicated to translate since they are sentences longer than just 4-5 words(which is why its going to most likely be the last thing to be translated) and since in Japanese, they use the name before the subject so in English we would have "Lets go to Curisu's house for a party!" but if it was Japanese it would be more like "Curisu's lets go house party!" so the sentence structure is what makes translating the story a bit harder since we can't just google translate the whole dang thing lol.

I only just came here today and I read every page...

well then you're a better person than i am

Things that should be translated:

-Item names(and their effects)

-Pokemon Names(in Pokedex, Battle Screen, and Change Pokemon Screen)

-Attacks(as well as their elemental type)

-Attack effects

-Basically anything you need to battle

-Route Names

-Town Names

-Random Key Items

Thank you so much for clarification :)

Yeah I already changed my language setting

But I'm just saying that they only translated new attacks and items into romaji not English

Did you try this?

Note: For the people will stuff still in Romaji, open the options menu in-game, go down to the 5th option and select the other option it has there, should fix the Romaji