Pokemon Black and White Translation Project

Kaarosu

i used the 2nd patch and my previous save game file on desmume and tested.i tested evolving my churine and evolved well.everything is nice so far.but some attacks like "trickery" is named as "ikasama".and another thing is the pokemon i already caught have their names in japaneese and the names of the pokemon i caught after patching are in english.and another thing,when i used a repeat ball on a wild pokemon it didnt swing 3 times,but only one time and caught.i dont know why.hope helped to develop the project.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, i have a problem with the new patch, the two clean roms i have of Black and White worked perfectly on my DS despite the japanese, yet when i put the patch on using Delta GUI i select it on my menu of games it comes up with some error thing and wont load, anyone help me out im on DSTT too but the clean rom worked perfectly just it was in japanese

like tommy said.

it says "The foe's x is afraid and won't listen"

it should say "The foe's x flinched."

Oh! That's what that meant. Haha I was confused when that happened.

When you try to throw a pokeball while there are 2 wild pokemon it tells you that you need to concentrate, it says the same if you use a move with one pokemon then try to throw a ball on the other's turn

Oh! That's what that meant. Haha I was confused when that happened.

When you try to throw a pokeball while there are 2 wild pokemon it tells you that you need to concentrate, it says the same if you use a move with one pokemon then try to throw a ball on the other's turn

i think the second thing you said is normal.you need to first faint one pokemon inorder to throw a pokeball

I already did that. The game just freezes at a black screen after loading my SAVE FILE with the English patched ROM, but works FINE with the Japanese ROM. Incredibly frustrating now. 8GB Kingston on AKAIO 1.7.1

Uh, it's probably because there's a longer read time on 8GB. If you tried it with a 4GB/2GB it doesn't freeze or at least has less chance (because it acts more like a DS [due to the DS having fast read times]). I've had HOURS of STRAIGHT playtime on the English patched ROM.

Back on topic, after fixing the evolution problem it all seems to be fine. Haven't come across any typos either, but what would be nice is translating all the 5th gen moves, instead of having them in Romaji.

I'm having a bit of trouble patching :S.

I get an error saying: "Xdelta3: not a VCDIFF input: XD3_INVALID_INPUT"

What am I doing wrong xD?

EDIT:

Is it something to do with the file type, because I just tested patching something else with a .xdelta file type and it worked fine, but with the .patch I get the error.

I installed the patch and it's working great, quirks here and there but already, just having something you can read is better than nothing. :D

Incidentally, if you're patching the rom and ending up with a 0kb _patched.nds file, well xDelta doesn't seem to like accents

Pokémon.nds -> Patch FAIL

Pokemon.nds -> Patch success

Thank you so much for this, the whole community appreciates it.

Okay guys, so I have xdelta UI and when I use it, it asks me for patch file, source file and output file. So I try the patch file, patch file in the source file box and pokemon white in output. That gives me an error, so I try pokemon white in source file box and pokemon white in output...nothing

Am I doing something wrong? I know the original post says i SHOULD have xdelta gui by now... but I couldn't find it online anywhere, the closest I got were .tar.gz files that I can't open. Help?

Okay guys, so I have xdelta UI and when I use it, it asks me for patch file, source file and output file. So I try the patch file, patch file in the source file box and pokemon white in output. That gives me an error, so I try pokemon white in source file box and pokemon white in output...nothing

Am I doing something wrong? I know the original post says i SHOULD have xdelta gui by now... but I couldn't find it online anywhere, the closest I got were .tar.gz files that I can't open. Help?

I believe you are in the same boat as me :P.

Patch Instructions:

* Obtain a clean ROM (Dump it yourself or find it elsewhere don't ask us for it)

* Open xDelta Gui

* Click "Select Patch" and choose 'Black.patch'

* Now choose 'Select ROM' and navigate to the clean ROM

* Now click on "Apply Patch" wait until it's done

* Try it out and give some feedback?

try this

here another set of moves, which need description fix:

move            last words shown correctly in line
Low Kick       "the foe fall"
Bide           "two turns,"
Focus Energy   "focuses"
Odor Sleuth    "type with"
Leer           "leer with"
Growl          ", making"
Supersonic     "waves from"
Rinshou        "use the"
BubbleBeam     "ejected at"
Psywave        "hot energy"
Lucky chant    "toward the"
Yawn           "that lulls"
Tail Whip      "the foe"

Patch Instructions:

* Obtain a clean ROM (Dump it yourself or find it elsewhere don't ask us for it)

* Open xDelta Gui

* Click "Select Patch" and choose 'Black.patch'

* Now choose 'Select ROM' and navigate to the clean ROM

* Now click on "Apply Patch" wait until it's done

* Try it out and give some feedback?

try this

I find it ironic that I'm penalized for 'not reading the first post' when you clearly didn't read my post at all...

It's fine, I downloaded an older HG/SS patch download to obtain the gui file. I think I've got it to work now.

It may be an idea to provide a download in the OP for xdelta GUI though, just sayin' not everyone has it..