Pokemon Black and White Translation Project

Kaarosu

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the work you've done! You people are amazing!

The updated patch works great, I tested evolution and its fine.

The only issues I've found were very minor. First is the one others have stated about the male rival referred to as "her"

Another issue I noticed was in the pokedex.

In my pokedex, Dageki is classified as the "Judo Pokemon" and Kurumiru Is Classified as the "Karate Pokemon". I Haven't captured a Nageki yet but I assume it's classification might be of the pokemon before it.

So it seems like the Classifications are pushed forward by one slot at some point or something like that.

Just for reference, the way it's supposed to be is #538 Nageki: Judo Pokemon, #539 Dageki: Judo Pokemon, and #540 Kurumiru: Sewing Pokemon

Although I'm new to this site, I'm not new to pokemon, and I gotta say that I really like the translation already, even though it's a beta patch still. May I suggest something about the new moves?

The new ones are translated literally (I think), such as Tsutarja learning Grass Mixer (well, that's the name on Serebii), it's called "Gurasumikisaa". If you guys have the time to go to sites such as Serebii, then please find the new attacks and translate them as they are on the websites.

Here are the new attacks I have used in game with their Serebii names:

Gurasumikisaa - Grass Mixer

Furuitateru - Cheer Up

Also, when a pokemon has fainted, if you choose him, the text "Unable to Battle" doesn't really fit in the text box. But this is not that much of a problem.

This patch works great with Supercard DSTWO, I haven't encountered any problems yet.

Again, I really appreciate the work you're doing, keep it up! =D

Patch is working great and is a lot more complete than I was expecting so early into the game.

Definitely noticing a lot of attack descriptions being cut off.

Also wondering, why exactly are some of the attack names in Romanized Japanese? For example, the attack Grass Mixer, right now, is labeled Gurasumikisaa. Is this intentional, and if so is it just temporary?

EDIT: Looks like this was addressed while I was writing this. You guys move FAST.

I might go through this a little more thoroughly tomorrow and add some things I've noticed here to help out.

Keep up the good work, I'm glad to see this project is taking of so quickly. :)

Patch is working great and is a lot more complete than I was expecting so early into the game.

Definitely noticing a lot of attack descriptions being cut off.

Also wondering, why exactly are some of the attack names in Romanized Japanese? For example, the attack Grass Mixer, right now, is labeled Gurasumikisaa. Is this intentional, and if so is it just temporary?

I might go through this a little more thoroughly tomorrow and add some things I've noticed here to help out.

Keep up the good work, I'm glad to see this project is taking of so quickly. :)

When Kazo did them there were no english names set but it's ok I'm on top of it. Now to knock myself out. Later.

Although I'm new to this site, I'm not new to pokemon, and I gotta say that I really like the translation already, even though it's a beta patch still. May I suggest something about the new moves?

The new ones are translated literally (I think), such as Tsutarja learning Grass Mixer (well, that's the name on Serebii), it's called "Gurasumikisaa". If you guys have the time to go to sites such as Serebii, then please find the new attacks and translate them as they are on the websites.

They're still in ro-maji... not literal translations. It's not a major deal though I think they've got most of them sorted.

Make sure the rom name is the exact same as the save file name excluding extensions.

For Example:

pokemon.sav <--- This is the japanese name of the save you had originally.

pokemon_patched.nds <--- New name patched. Just take out _patched and it should look like this:

pokemon.nds

If that isn't it, wait for a new update on the patch since they may fix the issue if its there.

Thnx so much to everyone who has been helping translate this so far

In the actual v1 what is expected to be translated in that???

I think we aren't supposed to ask that question...but to answer, even the ones actually working on translating the game won't know till its done.

I don't understand why the regular japanese rom runs fine on my acekard 2i 1.7.1 with the 8gb kingston, but I get black screens after I select my save file with the patched rom.. D: someone please help

From what I've had to do(this was on DeSmuME emulator), when I loaded an old saved game from the newly beta v1 english patched rom, whenever you interacted with anything(talking to someone, changing screens, ect) it crashed me. I had to restart the game completely which wasn't a big deal since I was only 44 mins into the game and it loaded save states and .sav data fine.

Some people here have reported that simply renaming your old save file to the name of the patched rom(Example: patched rom was called Pokemonblack_patched.nds, your .sav file was named Pokemonblack.sav, just rename Pokemonblack.sav to Pokemonblack_patched.sav)

guys thanks for ur work its great but I have a small doubt

when I started a fresh game and when proff introduces me to my freinds the convos between us are in japanese.

shouldnt they be in english? did u guys translate it to english or was it same?

answer will be greatly appreciated

i am not sure if this is supposed to be in the game or if it is due to the recent beta patch

i progressed up to my seventh badge without an english patch

after i downloaded the patch, i seem to be getting random season changes.

i.e, i would go into route 8 and the season would change from spring to winter.

recently, it changed from winter back to spring.

it didn't happen before but i am not sure if it is supposed to be in the game or if it is due to the patch.