Pokemon Black and White Translation Project

Kaarosu

we don't really need the story... but if people are willing to spend their time doing it, who's to stop them? lol

Actually, I'd really like it if the story and dialogue was translated. Obviously battles are a higher priority, not to mention easier to do, but playing the game in Japanese gets on my nerves when there's a whole bunch of text that I can't even read. I'm looking forward to if and when the dialogue is translated.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my save file doesn't seem to work with the patch

i used a clean rom with this patch but the save file is from a hex-patched rom, could that be the problem?

if you upload only the patch without the AP patch applied could it be used to patch the already hex-patched rom instead of a clean rom?

sorry any misspelling, etc.

if you're using desmume, start your old game (non english patched one), go to your save file. under the menu, go to file, go down to export backup memory. export it as no$gba sav file. name it whatever the name of your patched rom is. then load your patched rom, and go to click on file. then go to import backup memory. import your .sav file. load your old save. win.

maybe kaarosu can put this in the first post? so people don't keep asking?

For anyone who wants to use their old save and use the translation: First, make sure your .SAV is renamed to the same as the patched rom, like b-pokemonw_patched.SAV (or whatever your rom is named). If it is all still in japanese, go under options and change the button mode (5th option down) and see if it shows up in English. If not, you did something wrong with your patch or your card isn't compatible.

For those wondering how to get your sav to english. Should put this on the front page or something.

Wait, so. What link may i go to to get the reccomended rom for the beta. Also, i still have yet to dwnload a ds emulator, and i am exclusively for this game. What do you also reccomend i download?

Google is your best friend. (Most black and white roms on the net now are the same.)

Re: Pokemon Black and White Translation Project

Looks like I hadn't tried it on the non english patched version...thanks!

No prob!

if you're using desmume, start your old game (non english patched one), go to your save file. under the menu, go to file, go down to export backup memory. export it as no$gba sav file. name it whatever the name of your patched rom is. then load your patched rom, and go to click on file. then go to import backup memory. import your .sav file. load your old save. win.

maybe kaarosu can put this in the first post? so people don't keep asking?

i forgot to add that i'm using wood R4 1.13, already edited that in the first post

however i will try this to see if it works :)

Got the ROM, but whatds emulator? i've tried a few before and they failed, and i know a majority arent guarenteed success through out a full ROM. And, i don't really feel like making my way through out the game then freezing towards the end..

As a general advice/warning? to everyone please try to keep the talk of ROMs down, especially the part of how to obtain them and what not. As for your question the only emulator that i know of that works with the games is Desmume google and you'll find it.