Pokemon Black and White Translation Project

Kaarosu

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been using it for about 10-20 minutes, went through the whole of Hiun's Gym without any real problems.

A few things, though. There seem to be some random lines of Japanese during battle. One of them was after I was hit with Poison Tail, though it only happened once, even though I was hit by it a few times. I'm guessing it's "A critical hit!"? Also, the Protect or Detect (not sure which one) move still gives a line of Japanese (whenI'm guessing it's saying ___ protected itself!"). Minor issue, but it's worth nothing. The text that you get when you're trying to learn a new move is also in Japanese, as are the descriptions for a few of the new items.

Been using it for about 10-20 minutes, went through the whole of Hiun's Gym without any real problems.

A few things, though. There seem to be some random lines of Japanese during battle. One of them was after I was hit with Poison Tail, though it only happened once, even though I was hit by it a few times. I'm guessing it's "A critical hit!"? Also, the Protect or Detect (not sure which one) move still gives a line of Japanese (whenI'm guessing it's saying ___ protected itself!"). Minor issue, but it's worth nothing. The text that you get when you're trying to learn a new move is also in Japanese, as are the descriptions for a few of the new items.

Yeah you'll see random japanese messages in battles since all of those come from 16.txt and it's not fully translated though. Remember this is still a Beta patch not a 'real' v1 so that we can find bugs early on and not have to worry about them all at once. Looking into the evolution problem right now thanks!

Thats what I thought, not quite sure where I went wrong though. Patched it with GUI, renamed save to (filename)_patched.nds, and opened them up in Desmume

Ah, well there's your problem, I tried it with an old save file and yes, it crashed me whenever I changed the screen even after renaming the file. When I tried loading everything straight from the ROM itself(saving with the "Save" option, not saving the state) it works fine. Hope that helps.

And for the people crashing during evolution, its a known issue which is being looked into.

For anyone who wants to use their old save and use the translation: First, make sure your .SAV is renamed to the same as the patched rom, like b-pokemonw_patched.SAV (or whatever your rom is named). If it is all still in japanese, go under options and change the button mode (5th option down) and see if it shows up in English. If not, you did something wrong with your patch or your card isn't compatible.