Pokemon Black and White Translation Project

Kaarosu

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the black patch, the game goes to a black screen and freezes in Desmume when attempting to do anything at all like turn off C-gear or enter a building

Hopefully with the white patch I'll have better luck

EDIT:

It was just a corrupt file or something along those lines, my bad

Patch works fine with a bit of fiddling with file names for some reason

Posting to confirm that the patch/translation thus far works on the Acekard 2i running Akio 1.7.1

For those (I think I saw one) asking about how to transfer your save file, just make sure that the name of your Sav and the name of the NDS patch match, and from there - in game, ensure that your Language is set to Kana (which you can change with the second to last option in the menu - first setting).

EDIT: One thing I am noticing however, is that in the description panel for each pokemon when looking at the descriptions for each attack, some are too long for the display field and don't wrap to the next line. I'm assuming this is the way that the files are written? (initially for one line)

Yeah this is what I meant about line breaks being a pain in the ass, can you write down the name of the attack so that it can be formatted better. thanks

Problem with evolution, recorded it and uploaded it to youtube. Skip to 8:50

[video=youtube;U2kJzFBZheI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2kJzFBZheI

That is weird... i'll look into it thanks for the feed back

With the black patch, the game goes to a black screen and freezes in Desmume when attempting to do anything at all like turn off C-gear or enter a building

Hopefully with the white patch I'll have better luck

Can anyone else confirm this?

What exactly is translated in the patch? I know the post said everything in the git, but if that were so, all the stuff in the screenshots should be present, mine only has the credits line and the introduction part. Attacks and descriptions are Jap.

Not complaining, just seeing if I'm door something wrong.

Yeah this is what I meant about line breaks being a pain in the ass, can you write down the name of the attack so that it can be formatted better. thanks

That is weird... i'll look into it thanks for the feed back

Can anyone else confirm this?

I tried entering buildings in the first town and I was just fine along with messing with the C-gear.

What exactly is translated in the patch? I know the post said everything in the git, but if that were so, all the stuff in the screenshots should be present, mine only has the credits line and the introduction part. Attacks and descriptions are Jap.

Not complaining, just seeing if I'm door something wrong.

You must of done it wrong because it translated the attacks, items, and some other stuff, look here for a picture:

http://curisu.tumblr.com/photo/1280/1176710054/1/tumblr_l98dklzi2r1qdds8k

just tested it looks very very good

PD:the only "mistake" i found is that when the professor introduces cheren it says SHE when it should say HE

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK !

RESPECT !!

Cheren looks so much like a girl I'm not surprised that the translator got it confused as well

Took myself around half the game to actually notice that

So I tested this on my AceKard 2i, and it works perfectly, one question, I was using my Black copy with cheat codes, and my White copy without. Now after the patch the cheat code options that were there are no longer there, is there anyway to remedy this?

I tried entering buildings in the first town and I was just fine along with messing with the C-gear.

You must of done it wrong because it translated the attacks, items, and some other stuff, look here for a picture:

http://curisu.tumblr.com/photo/1280/1176710054/1/tumblr_l98dklzi2r1qdds8k

Thats what I thought, not quite sure where I went wrong though. Patched it with GUI, renamed save to (filename)_patched.nds, and opened them up in Desmume

I used the patch on a clean rom of pokemon white (i made sure it was the white patch). In game the copy right says translated by project pokemon, but every thing else is in japanses. Used Delta GUI that came with the file on the DSTWO

I have the same problem when i try to use my old save but if u delete the save and start new game the translated parts will show up, but is there a way i can use my old save file.