Pokemon Black and White Translation Project

Kaarosu

Awesome... Thank you so much! Confirmed working on R4 Wood 1.12.

Note- YOU MUST RENAME YOUR .sav FILE TO MATCH THE NAME OF THE PATCHED ROM.

I'm in Japanese 2 at my high school, so if you need some basic translation stuff let me know. I could probably translate stuff in katakana if you wish.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posting to confirm that the patch/translation thus far works on the Acekard 2i running Akio 1.7.1

For those (I think I saw one) asking about how to transfer your save file, just make sure that the name of your Sav and the name of the NDS patch match, and from there - in game, ensure that your Language is set to Kana (which you can change with the second to last option in the menu - first setting).

EDIT: One thing I am noticing however, is that in the description panel for each pokemon when looking at the descriptions for each attack, some are too long for the display field and don't wrap to the next line. I'm assuming this is the way that the files are written? (initially for one line)

hey i dowloaded the patch and pokemon black but i dont know how to put the patch on to it. do i move the patch into the roms folder ?

After downloading and extracting the patch, open up the xDelta GUI. From there, open the patch and the ROM according to the program's instructions, and hit "Apply Patch." It will take a little time. Then you're good to go!

I know this may be a stupid question... But how much is supposed to be translated in the patch? Because only the opening seems to be translating for me, and none of the conversations. It's probably a stupid question, but I wanna make sure I did this patch right >.>

You did it correctly. The story translation is a far greater undertaking and will require a lot more time. The battles should be pretty navigable though.

Thank you to all who worked to make this patch possible!

You did it correctly. The story translation is a far greater undertaking and will require a lot more time. The battles should be pretty navigable though.

Thank you to all who worked to make this patch possible!

Ah xD I feel stupid now. I knew enough basic japanese to get the fight scenes down easily, I was just having problems keeping up with the story. I got all excited and then thought I did something wrong

Hey guys

can anyone help me - my pokemon black game will not save properly so when i reset the cartridge it comes up with new game?

how can i fix this

thanks

Use DeSmuME emulator and just save state in the patched game. If your talking about your old save files, I've heard renaming it to the name of the patched file works but haven't been able to make that work on my end. Normal save works just fine for me, going to test PepsiLoverx32's claim from his vid now.

can someone explain to me how to use delta GUI and a link to where to get it

Try downloading it from this site, has the tools all in the file: http://kazowar.pbworks.com/