Pokemon Black and White Translation Project

Kaarosu

Was pointed here from a thread over at GBA temp. Registered to say thanks to everyone who is doing this. It's really crazy. Nintendo needs to hire you guys. Takes them half a year to get it in English, and you guys have it in a few days?! LOL.

When people willingly come together, many, many things are possible.

True, but you gota remember, when it comes to Nintendo its all about money. They know hardcore pokemon fans will buy the jap version (or pirate it.... besides the point) if the US version isn't available, hence the long wait between releases.

Also you have to understand that when they translate the actual game they're not JUST translating the game text. If all Nintendo had to do was translate the game text, we'd have it three or four days after the jap release.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, but you gota remember, when it comes to Nintendo its all about money. They know hardcore pokemon fans will buy the jap version (or pirate it.... besides the point) if the US version isn't available, hence the long wait between releases.

Also you have to understand that when they translate the actual game they're not JUST translating the game text. If all Nintendo had to do was translate the game text, we'd have it three or four days after the jap release.

What else do they have to do? It's not like they are adding new features to the US release like Kingdom Hearts normally do

Also you have to understand that Nintendo when they translate the actual game they're not JUST translating the game text. If all Nintendo had to do was translate the game text, we'd have it three or four days after the jap release.

Well at least you seem to get the fact that Nintendo doesn't release it because Nintendo KNOWS how much money Pokemon can pull in, even when its just in one language at the moment.

A few of the leeches(excuse the term) here think that this will be a perfect patch and everything but it will probably be BELOW par next to anime/manga translations(this is to be expected) but it will at least have enough for us English gamers to battle; Can't tell you how annoying it is to see an attack listed and you use it and it turns out to be Leer when you wanted Tackle LOL(though you should be able to tell from the PP amount tbh)

What else do they have to do? It's not like they are adding new features to the US release like Kingdom Hearts normally do

Their is a lot to do, like make it more localized for the country that it is going to. For example, look at a FireRed from the US and then one for the UK, they reference different things in different parts of the game. You say "trash" over there they will look at you like "WTF its called 'rubbish'".

バトルたいかい - batoru taikai - Battle Conference?

だいすきクラブ- daisukikurabu - Love Club?

ポケモンサンデー - pokemon sandee - Pokemon Sunday?

トレーナーズコート - toreenaazu kooto - Trainer's Court?

バトルツアー - batoru tsuaa - Battle Tour?

イベントかいじょう ibento kaijyou - Event meeting place? Event center?

Hmmmm those sounds pretty good. The last one is still confusing me

Btw i want to know if this is going to be compatible with R4 cards? Or any other type of card for that matter.

If it's just a patch (which it should be) It will work only on cards that the roms themselves work on. If your cart cant play the rom as it is now, then it can't play with the patch. I can get you a link to a patch for the regular r4 if you want it. PM me or look for the child's play patch at gbatemp

Well at least you seem to get the fact that Nintendo doesn't release it because Nintendo KNOWS how much money Pokemon can pull in, even when its just in one language at the moment.

A few of the leeches(excuse the term) here think that this will be a perfect patch and everything but it will probably be BELOW par next to anime/manga translations(this is to be expected) but it will at least have enough for us English gamers to battle; Can't tell you how annoying it is to see an attack listed and you use it and it turns out to be Leer when you wanted Tackle LOL(though you should be able to tell from the PP amount tbh)

Their is a lot to do, like make it more localized for the country that it is going to. For example, look at a FireRed from the US and then one for the UK, they reference different things in different parts of the game. You say "trash" over there they will look at you like "WTF its called 'rubbish'".

Don't get me wrong i don't mean that everyone living in the US will buy the Jap version because the US version isn't out. I'm just saying there will be some people that will buy BOTH copies of the game as long as both copies aren't on the market at the same time.

I cant wait for the patch to be released, im tired of hitting the darn leer button....

If it's just a patch (which it should be) It will work only on cards that the roms themselves work on. If your cart cant play the rom as it is now, then it can't play with the patch. I can get you a link to a patch for the regular r4 if you want it. PM me or look for the child's play patch at gbatemp

Ok i can play the rom so it should be fine.

file #0013 - admins, poke me if you want more, this is pretty easy stuff. :)

\xf000Ă\x0001\x0000を どうする? - "What will \xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 do?"
マーキング してください - "Please Marking (Please Mark)"?
ほんとうに にがしますか?- "Really release?"
\xf000Ă\x0001\x0000を そとに にがしてあげた - "\xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 released"
ばいばい \xf000Ă\x0001\x0000!- "Bye-bye, \xf000Ă\x0001\x0000!"
てもちが いっぱいです!"Held item full!"
たたかうポケモンが いなくなります! "Wild Pokemon is gone!"
このボックスを どうしますか? "What will you do with this box?"
どのボックスに\xfffeジャンプしますか? "Which box will \xfffe jump to?"
どのテーマに しますか? "Which theme will you choose?"
どの かべがみに しますか? "Which wallpaper will you choose?"
ボックスそうさを つづけますか? "Continue box search?"
このボックスは いっぱいです! "This box is full!"
バッグが いっぱいです! "Bag is full!"
\xf000ĉ\x0001\x0000を あずかった! "\xf000ĉ\x0001\x0000 received!"
\xf000ĉ\x0001\x0000を もたせた! (??)
ポケモンを タッチ! "Touch the Pokemon!"
どのボックスへ あずける? "Which box will receive?"
もちものなし "Not holding anything"
♂
♀
\xf000ĉ\x0001\x0000を あずかりますか? "Receive \xf000ĉ\x0001\x0000?"
メールをしまうことは できません! "Cannot mail!"
\xf000ĉ\x0001\x0000を どうしますか? "Do what with \xf000ĉ\x0001\x0000?"
\xf000ĉ\x0001\x0000を しまいますか?"Finish \xf000ĉ\x0001\x0000?"
\xf000ĉ\x0001\x0000を バッグに いれた!"Put \xf000ĉ\x0001\x0000 in box!"
どうぐを もつことが できます "Item can be used"
メールを はずしてください! "Please remove mail!"
タマゴを にがすことは できません! "Egg cannot be released!"
\xf000Ă\x0001\x0000が もどってきちゃった! "\xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 returned!"
しんぱい だったのかな…… "It failed, huh..."
タマゴは どうぐを もてません! "Egg cannot hold items!"
マークを タッチしよう! "Touch the Mark!"
ボックスに おけます! "Put in box!"
てもちに くわえることが できます! "Item can be eaten!"
このボックスは いっぱいです! "This box is full!"
てもちが いっぱいです! "Held item is full!" (or Item already held)
Deposit Pokémon
Withdraw Pokémon
Move Pokémon
Move Items
Battle Box
ねかすポケモンをえらぶ "Pick sleeping Pokemon"
メールは いどうできません! "Mail cannot be removed!"
\xf000ĉ\x0001\x0000を もてない! "Doesn't have \xf000ĉ\x0001\x0000!"  (?? maybe?)
メールを もっています! "Has Mail!"
たたかうポケモンが いなくなります! "(Fighting/)Wild Pokemon is gone!"
メールは いどうできません! "Mail cannot be removed!"
ここでは メールを もたせられません "Mail cannot be put here"
タマゴは えらべません! "Egg cannot learn!"
\xf000Ă\x0001\x0000を ねむらせます\xfffeよろしいですか? "Really put \xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 to sleep?"
このポケモンは\xfffeいまは ねむくないみたいです "Pokemon cannot be put to sleep"
ポケモンせんたくを つづけますか? "Continue choosing Pokemon?"
バトルボックスが ロックされています\xfffeポケモンは いどう できません "Battle Box has been locked \ xfffe Pokemon cannot be removed"
バトルボックスが ロックされています\xfffeもちものは へんこう できません "Battle Box has been locked \ xfffe Held item cannot be changed"

This is all looking very nice. I've been bulling my way through the game so far, but I can't wait for some translation, even if its just battle related stuff.

Which leads me to ask, is the battle stuff the only part that will be translated? I know the story bits might turn things into a hassle, but this iteration looks to be wordier then the previous games, so I'm interested in seeing what exactly everyone's talking about.

Hey guys, I hope you all remembered my logos on the HeartGold and SoulSilver Japanese to English games. I just made some, so I hope you can use these that I just brewed : ]

Here's a photoshop of what it could look like on title screen:

pocketmonsterblackphoto.pngpocketmonsterwhitephoto.png

.PNG WHITE Logo (Transparent Background):

pkmnwhitelogo.png

.PNG BLACK Logo (Transparent Background):

pkmnblacklogo.png

well, let me know what picture format you want em, if you decide to want to use these. I hope yall like this, again I like to contribute some help :P

Hey guys, I hope you all remembered my logos on the HeartGold and SoulSilver Japanese to English games. I just made some, so I hope you can use these that I just brewed : ]

pocketmonsterblackphoto.png

.PNG WHITE Logo:

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/6458/pkmnwhitelogo.png

.PNG BLACK Logo:

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/4853/pkmnblacklogo.png

well, let me know what picture format you want em, if you decide to want to use these. I hope yall like this, again I like to contribute some help :P

Looks great dude, But why don't you try removing the pokeball having the word "Monster" and just rename the first one to Pokemon.

Looks great dude, But why don't you try removing the pokeball having the word "Monster" and just rename the first one to Pokemon.

well, like the Japanese logo.. It has "Pokemon". So Now for the English logos, why not have the opposite "Pocket Monster", I like how it came out : D

OH or instead, if you don't like the POCKET MONSTER behind the logos, I have an alternative too..

photoshop w/o bg pokeball title screens:

.PNG WHITE Logo (Transparent Background): / .PNG WHITE Logo w/o BG Pokeball (Transparent Background):

pkmnwhitelogo.pngpkmnwhitelogo2.png

.PNG BLACK Logo (Transparent Background): / .PNG BLACK Logo w/o BG Pokeball (Transparent Background):

pkmnblacklogo.pngpkmnblacklogo2.png

well, again let me know what picture format you want em, if you decide to want to use these. I hope yall like this, again I like to contribute some help :P