What Type of Music do You Like?

kuoleva

Hehe, this is one of those generic forum questions, but I love, love, love, love music, and I find the type of music a person likes says a lot about them.

Personally, I'm big into gothic-metal. Not sure why, but a few of my favourite bands, Nightwish, Within Temptation, and Leaves` Eyes, are classified as "goth-symphonic metal". I guess I just dig singers with opera voices. >.>

And I've been listening to Sara Bareilles a lot lately. :/ Gravity is one of my new favourite songs, it kinda fits the mood I've been in lately. .-.

So, what genre of music, or artists, do you like?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#1- Jazz

#1.1 - Rock.

#? - Everything else.

Jazz and Rock are equal to my standards, but i play Jazz, so it goes up .1. As for the ? rank, i listen to anything. So, i will listen to anything else, but Jazz and Rock are practically my #1's.

Classical music is my favorite... and then there are hymns and Spanish guitar and old pop songs. I do like CERTAIN rock music, but overall, I don't like rock and anything else that's "in" in this generation. Also, rap =/= music.

Rock would have to be my favorite type of music. The kind does not matter to me, as I will listen to anything- from classic rock to Japanese heavy metal, as long as it is rock. As for the other types of music, everything is else is just okay to me.

I am a Rock (Metal) lover. Metalhead. >:B I hate rap. I have loved rock all my life, I love the new generation rock. In fact I like it better. I think Metalcore (Screaming vocals) is awesome. I like the not-so-hard-rock rock. I don't really like much old/classic rock, though.

Okay, so I am a rock (metal) lover, got it?

Genre? Easy. The pillows. I own all 13 of their glorious albums.

On another note though, I really like anything that has serious passion put into it, aside from country and pop.

Metal/Rock/Punk/Classical/Pop/Electronica ( specifically trance ) anything thats well done and that I can get into. A lot of hip hop and pop is devoid of this emotion that makes true music so great though, which makes it hard to listen to, but well done passionate hip hop is pretty intense.

Basically, anything contained in the "Gospel" genre. That is, everything from classic hymns to Christian Metal.

August Burns Red, Demon Hunter, Becoming the Archetype, Haste the Day, RED, Emery, Fireflight, and Plumb have been on my rotational list as of lately. They're all bands with songs that just hit so close to home.

I have certain people I like, not genres. Evanescence, Linkin Park, Kelly Clarkson, Jordin Sparks, and Carrie Underwood.

You are aware two of them are bands?

btw, I underlined Evanescence because I listen to them too :D

My favorite type of music is country, but I can live most any genre except for rap/hip-hop/heavy metal.

I am the opposite. country, at least the modern country music is pretty close to the bottom of my tolerance list. Rock, metal, thrash, punk are all close to the top. Some Rap, Classical, hip hop, Jazz. Pop/top 40 music is about the middle of the group. I cannot listen to only one type of music to long or I just lose it.

I wish I had my long hair from when I was much younger from time to time. Maybe when I retire I will grow it long again. :)

I am the opposite. country, at least the modern country music is pretty close to the bottom of my tolerance list. Rock, metal, thrash, punk are all close to the top. Some Rap, Classical, hip hop, Jazz. Pop/top 40 music is about the middle of the group. I cannot listen to only one type of music to long or I just lose it.

I'm pretty much with this guy. My taste in music is really eclectic, but I just can't stomach country. Everything else is fine. I'm mainly into grunge, punk, and metal, stuff like Pearl Jam, NOFX, Bad Religion, RatM, Pantera, KMFDM, Soundgarden, etc. I also enjoy a lot of older stuff from the 60s/70s/80s. Rap is hit or miss, chances are if it's on the radio, it sucks. I prefer underground hip hop artists like Akir or Immortal Technique. I like electronic/dance/pop stuff too, it's pretty wild. Putting everything I've got on shuffle is always a good way to get mood swings. :bidoof:

Rock is my favorite (hard and progressive) mmm... Bossa Nova, Jazz and Electronic

Bands: The Strokes, Gun's n Roses, Pearl Jam, Muse, Joyce, Dj Tiesto, Moby, Daft Punk and many others

Oh and Japanese composers: The Black Mages (Nobuo Uematsu) and TEAM entertainment (Motoi Sakuraba)

• 1 month later...

I'll listen to anything but really dumb rap and death metal/screamo. I really like alternative rock, 80s rock (not bands like Aerosmith or KISS, though, ugh), progressive metal, and indie.

My favorite bands include Coheed & Cambria, Pain Of Salvation, The Police, Oingo Boingo, Cake, Dead Celebrity Status, Tub Ring, Flobots, and The Decemberists.

Edited by Melesmelda

Ah, my tastes are really eclectic when it comes to music. I like Classical, Rock (preferrably Classic Rock), Techno, Game Soundtracks, and Jazz. Basically anything but [c]Rap, which doesn't even really qualify as music in the first place.

As for specific artists, I like Beethoven, The Beatles, Celtic Woman, Yoko Shimomura, Koji Kondo, and several others.

Ah, my tastes are really eclectic when it comes to music. I like Classical, Rock (preferrably Classic Rock), Techno, Game Soundtracks, and Jazz. Basically anything but [c]Rap, which doesn't even really qualify as music in the first place.

As for specific artists, I like Beethoven, The Beatles, Celtic Woman, Yoko Shimomura, Koji Kondo, and several others.

Wow, we really do think alike :eek:

Although my preference mostly goes for classical more than anything else.