Is Pokemon Platinum worth getting for owners of Diamond/Pearl?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Is Pokemon Platinum worth getting for owners of Diamond/Pearl?

• Yes
    • No

How many days can the Pokemon Journal record? Does it only record the past twenty days or something?

The Journal records the last 10 days you saved on.

When you get gym badges, the ones that don't increase level obiedience, they say "your Pokemon will be a bit stronger" or "a bit faster." Does this actually DO anything or are they just fucking with our minds?

In the first, second and third generation games they give a 1.1 boost to your Pokémon's stats. However, this boost is only in-game and ignored in battles against other real people, and I imagine in the Battle Frontier/Tower too.

In the fourth generation games, this was totally scrapped and the badges no longer boost a Pokémon's stats.

Edited by Sim

• 3 weeks later...
i only need phione to complete the first pokedex in platinum and i got one in a trade. But it didnt go in my pokedex and i tried leveling it and breeding it with a ditto, but it still wont register in my pokedex.

Phione is found in the National Dex, and is therefore unnecessary to complete the Sinnoh Dex. If it is the spot between Manaphy and Gligar then the Pokemon you are looking for is Rotom.

• 1 month later...

Can you breed ANY legendary? If so, give me a list.

Am I stupid?

(I know the answer to this one, check my other posts to get the answer) Why am I mass-breeding Cyndaquil? Don't you think my Ditto is getting tired of, uh, connecting with my Cyndaquil?

Why is the Day-care Man so stupid? He calls my Pokégear when I'm right in front of him and says the same thing he does every time he calls no matter where I am. He doesn't even know how my Pokémon lay eggs!

That's it for now, i'll edit the post if anything else comes to mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there an easy way to get 300k steps for the villa's chandelier? I remember in D/P you could go to Fuego Ironworks, go to one of the moving platforms, and leave the game on overnight with a piece of tape on the d-pad, racking up steps. Does that still work in Platinum?

I got an intriging idea. So I was wondering how to get a trade only pokemon such as Scizor, and something struck me. Is it possible to GTS a pokemon, trade it from the GTS to another version, will it evolve?

My second question pertains to trading in general. Can I trade a DS GBA Game pokemon to my Gameboy Advance and vice versa to evolve? I do have a link cable.

• 2 months later...

Somes Dudes

My problem is what need begin my version platinum but i lost the event of the member card,oaks letter and secret key and is one original version

How i can pass this wonder cards at my original version with my R4 but what my darkrai, shaymin and rotom key activate the event in my version and what my pokes are legit????

Thank you (sorry for my english )

ok my giratin was leveled and this happened:speed +-26 etc.

Happens to a lot of people, its normal for a giratina and other Pokemon with alternate forms.

i need help how do you get the ar code from the pokesav?????

Once you're done with all the editing click the ARDS button on the right side of the Pokesav window. Then there will be a bigger window that opens up and it has a ton of check boxes. Check the boxes of the things you edited. Then click save. Then go to the file in the computer and open it. It should open in your internet browser, or at least it does for me. You can then view the code.

I got an intriging idea. So I was wondering how to get a trade only pokemon such as Scizor, and something struck me. Is it possible to GTS a pokemon, trade it from the GTS to another version, will it evolve?

My second question pertains to trading in general. Can I trade a DS GBA Game pokemon to my Gameboy Advance and vice versa to evolve? I do have a link cable.

Yes, if you trade it over the GTS to another version it will evolve. That way, you can do it without using two DS/DS lite/DSi systems. Just offer the scyther up for a legendary you have and then do the trade. You'll still receive your own legendary back and have the scyther be a scizor. No, you cant trade a GBA Game pokemon that is currently in a DS version game to a Gameboy Advance game to evolve it. That's crossing system boundaries that weren't built to be crossed.

Is there an easy way to get 300k steps for the villa's chandelier? I remember in D/P you could go to Fuego Ironworks, go to one of the moving platforms, and leave the game on overnight with a piece of tape on the d-pad, racking up steps. Does that still work in Platinum?

Yes, that still works, however I've tried it and it does take a ridiculously long time. There really is no EASY way to accomplish the task.

Can you evolve Pokemon that evolve by trade, through migration? For example, migrate a Haunter and it evolves into Gengar?

Nope, it doesn't work like that, sorry.

I'm looking to start some shiny egg breeding but I need to know my SID which I can't get because I don't have an AR or some sort of flash card. What I can do though is send someone who can pokesav a pokemon and they can tell me what my SID is. If you are willing to help please post or pm me.

Thanks!

You can use the GTS Glitch to evolve your Haunter.

1) Deposite your Haunter in the GTS and choose a Lv.100 Abra.

2) Search for any Pokémon that you can trade with and trade your Pokémon with it.

3) Now go back and Withdraw your Haunter.

Now your Haunter will evolve into a Gengar and after it has finished evolving, your game will start saving.

Note: You can use the GTS Glitch for any Pokémon that requires Trading.

I have a "small" question regarding Pokerus and Power items.

If my pokemon is infected with pokerus it will gain 2x EVs, ok, but let's say I equip a power item to the infected pokemon? for example, let's say I train for Def, I faint a Geodude (1 EV), my pokemon has the power item to get 4 Def EVs, and is infected with pokerus, does that mean my pokemon gets 10 Def EVs? (that is, Geodude +1 Power item +4 x2?) or how do I calculate them?

I have a "small" question regarding Pokerus and Power items.

If my pokemon is infected with pokerus it will gain 2x EVs, ok, but let's say I equip a power item to the infected pokemon? for example, let's say I train for Def, I faint a Geodude (1 EV), my pokemon has the power item to get 4 Def EVs, and is infected with pokerus, does that mean my pokemon gets 10 Def EVs? (that is, Geodude +1 Power item +4 x2?) or how do I calculate them?

Yup, you calculated right. Add up all the IVs you get (Pokemon + Power) and then multiply by the Pokerus multiplier (×2)

I feel like this could have already been answered, but here goes.

I want to give my little brother my old Diamond game, but I want to keep my save, in case I want to go back to it sometime in the future. Is there any way to export the save file?

(PS, it's the actual game, not a rom, which is why I can't figure out what to do)

I feel like this could have already been answered, but here goes.

I want to give my little brother my old Diamond game, but I want to keep my save, in case I want to go back to it sometime in the future. Is there any way to export the save file?

(PS, it's the actual game, not a rom, which is why I can't figure out what to do)

You'll need a flash card or an Action Replay DSi (and a DSi console). Also, a personal computer.

There are specific steps on how to use flash cards and makin save files somewhere in the Game Mechanics and Research forum.

• 3 months later...
Umh how does the pokesav thing work without the action replay? I'm not sure if this counts as being about pokemon d/p but but since I play pearl, how does it work? I saved it but it doesn't go onto my game

You are not being specific and hence no one can help you.

Please do not ask for cheat help in GAME DISCUSSION forums. Take it to the appropriate Game Mechanics and Research forum.

Sometimes, during a master contest visual competition, some accessories don't show up. Apparently, they show up if they touch the pokemon, but if they dont they can or can't. This is messed up...help?

Ok, you need a shaymin and it DOES NOT NEED TO BE FROM THE MOVIE, I got oak's letter by AR in Pt, have it in your party, go to floaroma town, talk to the lady outside of the shop and she gives you the flower, it's going to be in your key items, got to the flower, press A, go to use, then press A on shaymin and you now have a skyforme.

• 2 months later...

Hi, I recently learned to RNG abuse. I am attempting to capture a quint-flawless Scyther in the south section of Route 210. However, there's one problem:

http://www.eggmove.com/encounterplat.htm lists Scyther's encounter slots as 2 and 6, meaning it has an encounter rate of 15%. This is only true in the morning. My target time occurs at 3:00 p.m., which is in the afternoon. Scyther's encounter rate in the afternoon is 5%. So that means that it uses different encounter slots.

My question is, which encounter slots do Scyther use in the afternoon?

Additionally, if I could get a list of encounter slots for all other Pokemon that appear on Route 210 south in the afternoon, I would appreciate it as I will be able to check which frame I hit if I didn't succeed.