Is Pokemon Platinum worth getting for owners of Diamond/Pearl?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Is Pokemon Platinum worth getting for owners of Diamond/Pearl?

• Yes
    • No

I have a question about IDs that I've been thinking about for a bit. I'm pretty sure this is a good place to ask...

Is it possible for someone to have the ID: 00000? Legally, of course.

I have a couple Pokemon with that, as well as some with IDs like 00003 that make me wonder if they're legal.

I have a question about IDs that I've been thinking about for a bit. I'm pretty sure this is a good place to ask...

Is it possible for someone to have the ID: 00000? Legally, of course.

I have a couple Pokemon with that, as well as some with IDs like 00003 that make me wonder if they're legal.

Having an ID like that is highly unlikely and I doubt possible.

What Pokemon have those ID numbers?

Statistically speaking, you are just as likely to get 00000 as an ID number as you are, say, 09029 (today's date). That is, unless the game seeds the RNG in a specific way and / or runs an ARNG (or some other unusual thing) when generating the TID upon starting a new game. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone's researched when or how the TID and SID are generated in the DS games.

Furthermore, the Pokémon that were being questioned would be legal even if the save file itself had been tampered with (specifically the TID), as long as they were captured and never tampered with themselves... am I right?

What Pokemon have those ID numbers?

One of them would be a Taillow I got off the GTS that was Pal-Parked. It looks fine except for the ID.

Anyway, I just need to know this for reference, as I've heard plenty of people say any Pokemon with 00000 as the ID is hacked and such... makes me wonder whether that's true or not.

I figured it was possible to get any ID from 00000-65335 since it randomly generates IDs (Assuming that it does randomly generate them,) but I'd like a bit of back-up.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there a guide to all of the hidden items you can locate with the Dowsing Machine for Platinum? I have been using http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/946308/56280 which is working quite well, but I'm not sure if it's a complete list. If anyone knows a more comprehensive list. I'm not sure if anyone has asked this already, or if I should post this somewhere else.

• 3 weeks later...
So if you keep reloading, will you get different IVs and Nature each time (assuming it's an event pokemon with dynamic IVs/Nature)?

Yep pretty much... if you are talking about that Arceus event (and other events like that Shaymin... if not all events that isn't the shiny Milotic from the tournament). If you check their wondercards, they have 0 IVs everywhere with a PID of 0, that thing changes once you grab it... but soft resetting everytime is a pain.

Actually, I dug up an old topic about abusing the PRNG, and it seems to say that certain IV or nature combinations are not available at a certain date?

When you get gym badges, the ones that don't increase level obiedience, they say "your Pokemon will be a bit stronger" or "a bit faster." Does this actually DO anything or are they just ****ing with our minds?

They are messing with our minds. Nothing is real!

I would like to know too. Apparently they stopped doing that for Gen IV games.

Anyhow, from Google searches I get strange explanations saying that they increased stats by 1.1x when battling in game or something or that it raises your stat caps in the earlier generations. Frankly I have no idea at all...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=925601&topic=48574156

They are messing with our minds. Nothing is real!

I would like to know too. Apparently they stopped doing that for Gen IV games.

Anyhow, from Google searches I get strange explanations saying that they increased stats by 1.1x when battling in game or something or that it raises your stat caps in the earlier generations. Frankly I have no idea at all...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=925601&topic=48574156

I'm playing Emerald right now. And since the non-4th gen forums get next to no traffic, figured I'd ask here.

• 1 month later...
Bulbapedia seems to state:

Journal

Records limited notes on daily gameplay. It is brought up automatically when returning to the game after 2 or more days have passed without making a new save.

I do not know if it has a day time limit or an amount of action limit or something so I really cannot answer that.

i believe it stores between two-three weeks of info

ill be able to confirm that later