Is Pokemon Platinum worth getting for owners of Diamond/Pearl?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Is Pokemon Platinum worth getting for owners of Diamond/Pearl?

• Yes
    • No

if you have maxed out your EVs, all the way to 510 it doesn't matter who you train against anymore EV wise right because they wont gain anymore. I've maxed out my jolteon's EVs but its only at a level 40 so I was going to go train in a different place that gave higher experience but I wanted to know if it mattered anymore.

the EVs wont be affected anymore once its been maxed out. You can go to other place to train for a higher experience gain. it will not affect the EVs.

however, if you wish to change the EV distribution, you can always reduce the EVs to zero by using the berries that lower EVs, provided that the pokemon is not at level 100. ;)

Ok so I'm working on EV training another pokemon and she is going to be a physical sweeper. Its been specially bred to get all the good IVs and good natures and all that stuff and now comes the EV training.

Of course I'm planning on feeding it the vitamins to total it up to 100 EV points for the attack and speed stats already but then comes my question, its about the power items.

Its basically, how do they work. I've googled it but I want to see if anyone here can tell me.

say I have pokerus and I battle 1 gyarados which gives 2 attack EVs

and I'm holding the power bracer would that amount 2 8 total EVs gained?

because pokerus would double the 2 to a 4 and the 4 EVs from the power bracer would make it an eight. Is this correct? If it is not can someone please tell me the correct formula?

When calculating the amount of EVs received from a battle you would add the EVs received from the Pokémon added to the amount increased from the held item, in this case a Power Brace, but when you have Pokérus then you would multiply the total amount of EVs received from the Pokémon and the held item. In other words:

In your example you would gain two Attack EVs and then add four from the Power Brace. Afterward you would multiply the total, six, by two (from the Pokérus) and the total would be twelve.

I hope that answers your question pokemonfan.

When calculating the amount of EVs received from a battle you would add the EVs received from the Pokémon added to the amount increased from the held item, in this case a Power Brace, but when you have Pokérus then you would multiply the total amount of EVs received from the Pokémon and the held item. In other words:

In your example you would gain two Attack EVs and then add four from the Power Brace. Afterward you would multiply the total, six, by two (from the Pokérus) and the total would be twelve.

I hope that answers your question pokemonfan.

Yeah that's great PokeDaemon! I didn't realize pokerus multiplied the power bracers addition. This is even better. That's twelve EVs! Thanks!

In other words, the formula would be (assuming that the EV training item and the EVs received from the battle are the same type):

(Evs received from the Pokemon battle + 4 EVs from whatever Brace you're holding) x 2 = whatever

A magikarp gives one speed EV and then you get 4 more speed EVs with the appropriate brace. Then you double that. Which makes 10.

man i got the secret key but i cant enter the motel (weird) so i used the run anywhere code and catch it that way

Your statement in no way has anything to do with the current questions. Now if you were asking why the Secret Key did not work that's a different story. Please try to stay on topic and refrain from making posts that are nearly spam. Thank you.

I have a question. (Obviously)

I'm playing through Pokemon Pearl and I traded my Machop for an Abra (Nicknamed Kazza) with the in-game trainer. I was curious about it's information so I loaded it up and I made it's pkm file and I put it through the Legality Checker and it came up as a "Hacked Pokemon". I did not touch it what so ever so I'm curious are all the Pokemon given to you through in-game trades hacked?

I have a question. (Obviously)

I'm playing through Pokemon Pearl and I traded my Machop for an Abra (Nicknamed Kazza) with the in-game trainer. I was curious about it's information so I loaded it up and I made it's pkm file and I put it through the Legality Checker and it came up as a "Hacked Pokemon". I did not touch it what so ever so I'm curious are all the Pokemon given to you through in-game trades hacked?

Sabre might know off the top of his head why.

I will try to make time to do some tests.

Another thing, what is the location, if its greater than 3000, then it might be using the mystery gift check which will check the details of the event pokemon. Maybe that's it but Sabre would have to confirm or we would hae to wait for me to check the source.

Edited by SCV

My initial guess is that it's similar to an event Pokemon, where their legality information has to be manually put in to come across as legal.

That could be it =P could I get any confirmation?

If I remember correctly, when you trade a pokemon, the one you get, gets the same PID and IVs as the one you gave. So I don't know. Sabre might know off the top of his head why.

I will try to make time to do some tests.

Another thing, what is the location, if its greater than 3000, then it might be using the mystery gift check which will check the details of the event pokemon. Maybe that's it but Sabre would have to confirm or we would hae to wait for me to check the source.

1) Your first statement (at leat part of it) isn't true I reset the game several times and it seems that the Pokemon I receive from the Girl who gives me the Abra (Kazza) always has the following IVs: 15/15/15/20/25/25

Those IVs are just rotated between stats each time I reset. Oh and I tried soft resetting for it as well but it seems the IVs and Nature are determined as soon as you start the game. As far as I can see.

But anyways please let me know if anything is found out thanks =)

I know for a fact that the IVs are predetermined, however the PID might be dynamic (I do not remember the PID specifically). The level is the same as the one you gave it, and the moves are determined the same way as a wild pokemon, based on its level. And the location is link trade met.

Support for this would require an in-game trade database (which I have, but is not complete), which is outside of the scope of the Legality Checker.

I know for a fact that the IVs are predetermined, however the PID might be dynamic (I do not remember the PID specifically). The level is the same as the one you gave it, and the moves are determined the same way as a wild pokemon, based on its level. And the location is link trade met.

Support for this would require an in-game trade database (which I have, but is not complete), which is outside of the scope of the Legality Checker.

So in layman terms theres no way to be 100% sure as of now?

(Sorry I'm a little slow sometimes lol)

Sorry for the Double Post...I had another question!

I've been soft resetting for a Darkrai all morning and I ran into this:

dpiconani491.gif

Quirky

31/11/15/25/17/27

The IVs are in the PERFECT place but the Nature is a bummer I need some advice should I keep resetting or just keep this one and deal with the nature?

P.S. I'm going for a Timid natured one so ya....please let me know guys I won't be turning off my game until I get a second opinion =)

1) Your first statement (at leat part of it) isn't true I reset the game several times and it seems that the Pokemon I receive from the Girl who gives me the Abra (Kazza) always has the following IVs: 15/15/15/20/25/25

Those IVs are just rotated between stats each time I reset. Oh and I tried soft resetting for it as well but it seems the IVs and Nature are determined as soon as you start the game. As far as I can see.

Actually the nature and I think IV's are determined by the IV's and Nature of the Pokemon you traded them. But I may be mistaken.

urrrmmm ... hey im new here i dont supose any of you could tell me how to get pokesav on to my r4 card could you im really confused its for pokemon diamond and platinum

Not that this belongs here anyway,...

You got it extremely backwards. You don't put Pokesav on your flashcart to modify the sav, you take your sav from the flashcart and modify it on the computer.Not that

Not that this belongs here anyway,...

You got it extremely backwards. You don't put Pokesav on your flashcart to modify the sav, you take your sav from the flashcart and modify it on the computer.Not that

I have a DS version of Pokesav but i was a long time ago and i think is abandoned and forgotten... I do not remember it much, but it was quite handy...

Hi there. I just got my CycloDS Evolution today in the mail and I wanted to know:

If I use it to connect to the GTS on Pokemon Platinum will Nintendo be able to read the Flash Card and therefore block the card?

I only ask because I think I saw a video on youtube where this happened I just want to confirm.