Is Pokemon Platinum worth getting for owners of Diamond/Pearl?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Is Pokemon Platinum worth getting for owners of Diamond/Pearl?

• Yes
    • No

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is thre any real contribution for pokemon 4th generation, through GTS which is actually working at the moment and doesnt's require downloading or even a computer,because i a playing diamond on my actual dsi???Also, is there any good cloner who'd be interested in cloning my events several times and lastly, which is the most impossible trade for cloning in GTS 4th generation??Thank you for your help

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 years later...

I have not yet reached the fourth generation games, but I heard about the journal function that started with them. I know it record when Pokemon are captured or traded for; does that mean that Pokemon injected using Pokehex will stick out like sore thumb because they're not in the journal? And in the later generations, does using the Pokemon Bank appear in the journal?

1 hour ago, WraithTDK said:

I have not yet reached the fourth generation games, but I heard about the journal function that started with them. I know it record when Pokemon are captured or traded for; does that mean that Pokemon injected using Pokehex will stick out like sore thumb because they're not in the journal? And in the later generations, does using the Pokemon Bank appear in the journal?

The journal does not keep everything you've done. The journal only records back 7 days and if you have a long play session not everything stays recorded. Think of the journal as way to recall what happened last time you played similar to the flash backs in Fire Red and Leaf Green. However, you never have to open the journal and the only time you probably actually look at it is if you haven't played the game in the last 24 hours since upon load it opens the journal. Also the journal is only a Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum feature and no other games use it; therefore, don't worry about Pokémon Bank since every game after didn't have the feature and on top of that gen 4 games are not compatible with Pokémon Bank.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2021 at 10:38 PM, Poke J said:

The journal does not keep everything you've done. The journal only records back 7 days and if you have a long play session not everything stays recorded. Think of the journal as way to recall what happened last time you played similar to the flash backs in Fire Red and Leaf Green. However, you never have to open the journal and the only time you probably actually look at it is if you haven't played the game in the last 24 hours since upon load it opens the journal. Also the journal is only a Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum feature and no other games use it; therefore, don't worry about Pokémon Bank since every game after didn't have the feature and on top of that gen 4 games are not compatible with Pokémon Bank.

Thank you, that answers my question and is very helpful!

Edited by WraithTDK

• 4 months later...