Is Pokemon Platinum worth getting for owners of Diamond/Pearl?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Is Pokemon Platinum worth getting for owners of Diamond/Pearl?

• Yes
    • No

Okay guys, I got the Nat'l Dex and made it through Stark and got my villa this morning! :D I's so happy <3

Congrats, again :grog:

@Telos:

Oops, sorry, my bad... i was thinking that my deoxys would evolve like the normal evolution of the other pokemon (you know what i mean, the animation showing that your pokemon is evolving", and the name will be something like Deoxys-A,.. or something..), but when i checked it again, touched and interacted with the meteorites, i checked my deoxys, and it changed form :biggrin: thanks for answering my query :creep:

ok im new here im not sure if this is the right place to post this but here it goes.

i was to get event pokemon using the wondercards, but i wasnt able to when i went into mystery gift to 'check card' it said i had already obtained the pokemon. which i havent.

can someone help?

thanks in advance.

Congrats, again :grog:

@Telos:

Oops, sorry, my bad... i was thinking that my deoxys would evolve like the normal evolution of the other pokemon (you know what i mean, the animation showing that your pokemon is evolving", and the name will be something like Deoxys-A,.. or something..), but when i checked it again, touched and interacted with the meteorites, i checked my deoxys, and it changed form :biggrin: thanks for answering my query :creep:

yeah congrats okami :kikkoman:

i know its answered but Did you get an onscreen message surely you noticed that when you checked the rock

ok im new here im not sure if this is the right place to post this but here it goes.

i was to get event pokemon using the wondercards, but i wasnt able to when i went into mystery gift to 'check card' it said i had already obtained the pokemon. which i havent.

can someone help?

thanks in advance.

Even if there is message like that written in the card, just try going into any pokemart, you will see the "green" guy standing at the front of the counter, talk to him and he will give you whatever is in that mystery gift. if it is a pokemon, make sure that you have an empty slot in your party.

@Telos:

the message was rather "inconclusive", it says that "Touching the meteorite heightened the defensive capabilities of a certain POkemon...", :biggrin:

Ok, this question is for my sister and unfortunately, do to the confusing data I was presented with I was unable to answer her question. Ok she wants to know when she can use fly outside of battle. I know that she gets it in veilstone city and she's beaten the crap out of that gym and pastoria. So she can use it now right...she usually just skips through as much as possible not paying attention to anything so it is possible she didn't get the move.

Please help!

Even if there is message like that written in the card, just try going into any pokemart, you will see the "green" guy standing at the front of the counter, talk to him and he will give you whatever is in that mystery gift. if it is a pokemon, make sure that you have an empty slot in your party.

@Telos:

the message was rather "inconclusive", it says that "Touching the meteorite heightened the defensive capabilities of a certain POkemon...", :biggrin:

ok i tried that again i have an empty slot in my party and still nothing.

any other ideas?

^ what do you mean she does not have HM02?thats gotten in the galactic warehouse after helping dawn/lucas get her/his pokedex back you can find her/him in the north of veilstone after beating the gym there.

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

^ what do you mean she does not have HM02?thats gotten in the galactic warehouse after helping dawn/lucas get her/his pokedex back you can find her/him in the north of veilstone after beating the gym there double battle with him/her and go inside the warehouse to find the HM in the corner.

She just misses things...its almost like I get them through the game. I've basically taught my sister and brother how to play the game. Its so annoying because they wont play and figure out for themselves or google it themselves like I did searching through the pages of information. She might have it and not know that she does. Ugh, I'll have to go tell her now.

Heya fellas

I'm trying to find a list of all the pokemon that aren't obtainable in Platinum. So far I found a list for Diamond/Pearl at Serebii. I also found one kind of for platinum but it was only the pokemon that were exclusive to diamond and pearl.

By "unobtainable" I'm including a lot of pokemon you can only get from Pal Park as well as all others that you just can't encounter in game to catch. Dongle'mon too.

If anyone has already found a list or knows where to go to see one I'd appreciate it. I'm in the process of making a personal one, but with 500 pokemon, I'd like to find an easier way than going 1by1.

Thanks

Your link goes to the Dark type pokemon page. But yea, I found what you meant. I suppose I could combine that list and just go through the Pal Park pokemon that don't appear outside it (munchlax->snorlax). That should give a decent list of unobtainables. Thanks Prince.

Edit---

Something like this but a tad more accurate.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/BikdipOnABus/platinumlistrevision2.png

Edited by Mimenine

How do you win a Master ranked contest?! (<---has never done it before) I win the three beforehand by a landslide, and then get into Master, and lose horribly in 4th. Are there any number of item combinations that can make a better visual display?

How do you win a Master ranked contest?! (<---has never done it before) I win the three beforehand by a landslide, and then get into Master, and lose horribly in 4th. Are there any number of item combinations that can make a better visual display?

what pokemon and type of contest is it?you chould try showing it to the Scarf Guy in Pastoria to get a hold item that increases its contest performance for whatever traits it has maxed

It's a Milotic in Beauty, telos. She's got completely maxed stats and is holding the scarf.

Obviously its milotic weired...I was just reading this it may help,

If you want to stick with Milotic, then I wish you luck, but I have a recommendation.

My Milotic couldn't beat Master Rank Beauty contests no matter what I did. I even showed it to the Scarf Guy in Pastoria to get a hold item that increases its contest performance for whatever traits it has maxed out (by traits I mean Beauty, Cool, Tough, etc.), After twenty something contests with my Milotic always losing to either Fantina or Jasmine, I decided to try using another pokemon for the Beauty contests. I chose my Rapidash and gave it the following moveset (Fire Blast, Megahorn, Quick Attack, and Flame Wheel). After maxing out its Coolness and Beauty stats, I gave it the special item for Beauty contests and entered Master Rank once. The first time I used it in a Master Rank Beauty contest, it won without a doubt (It also won Cool Master Rank contest).

and another person said

I won Master Rank with Milotic. I had Surf, Ice Beam, Aqua Ring, and Recover.

Yeah, I'm working with her to try and get some results. I believe I'm working with Surf along with another water move and an ice move [blizzard, iirc] (the fourth is Tackle since she's not very leveled up)

Interesting Okami, you might want to do a little more training so it can learn the desired moves other then entering it as it is and hoping that it can win with maxed out beauty stats. That isn't going to be very profitable because the people that get to the master rank go in with a strategy and a plan not just maxed out stats. I figured that out and went in there with a strategy and won. If you have your moves planned out carefully it should be easy to win.

Oh, Really really sorry

Uhh....in the DS cheats page, its like e.g. the nature codes...how would i know what number one is?....or for the pokerus cheat, im not sure how to work that....(something along those lines).....so....any help? :)

ok so i downloaded the event shiny milotic pokemon form projectpokemon.net. i dont know how to transfer that shiny milotic to my pokemon platinum game. can someone plaese tell me how to do it please:confused: