Is Pokemon Platinum worth getting for owners of Diamond/Pearl?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Is Pokemon Platinum worth getting for owners of Diamond/Pearl?

• Yes
    • No

Leftovers is in Victory Road... the place with water and everything and where you're supposed to be with Marley. If you haven't done that go to the exit near the actual league palace and go into Victory Road and go to the place where the fat man used to block. You have to pass that. Once you finish the Marley mini-quest you can Surf in one of the areas and you'll find Leftovers. I think it's in the southish area of that map (you also have a chance of finding Lapras... but it's mostly Floatzels and some Dewgongs).

Hm, I keep wondering, are all the natures D/P/Pt the same as the ones in emerald? I've been trying to get a Registeel with a relaxed nature for HOURS and have yet to find one (thats right wraith I'm playing a game with moderate graphics and have yet to fall asleep from it :P)

I didn't know if this was a D/P/Pt question or emerald since they're kind of a combo

Hm, I keep wondering, are all the natures D/P/Pt the same as the ones in emerald? I've been trying to get a Registeel with a relaxed nature for HOURS and have yet to find one (thats right wraith I'm playing a game with moderate graphics and have yet to fall asleep from it :P)

I didn't know if this was a D/P/Pt question or emerald since they're kind of a combo

Yup, i believe they have the same nature (including Relaxed) in Emerald as well :D...

Emerald has absolutely nothing to do with D/P; there is a generation split between the two.

Regardless, the natures remain the same. There is a 4% chance of getting the nature you want. However if you have a pokemon with Synchronize as its ability and the nature you want, the chance goes up to 50%; simply reset and eventually you'll get a good nature.

Yeah, they've been the same since natures were added back in... FR/LG, right?

Natures were added in the 3rd generation. FR/LG came after Ruby and Sapphire; as follows, natures were first implemented in R/S.

How do I find all of the pokemon so I can get my Nat'lDex? >.< I've got like 12 missing!

See here.

If you fought all the trainers in the game like you're supposed to do, you wouldn't be in that situation.

That's awesome :P

The natures are EXACTLY the same, so don't need to worry about it. But why Relaxed? :confused:

There is a trick though. If you have a Relaxed Pokemon with Synchronize ability, then what you can do is put that Pokemon up front and you have 50% chance of encountering a Pokemon with Relaxed nature. Try it :)

There are many abilities that work for both in-battle and outside battle.

EDIT: Oh. Illithian beat me to it :(

Does anyone know how many steps it takes to max out the happiness of an Eevee?

relying on the steps to max out its happiness is very tedious. try bringing that eevee to the massage parlor in Veilstone, spa (ribbon building), feed it with poffins that it likes (high quality poffins can be purchased from the basement of Veilstone Dept. store), feed Protein & other vitamins (you can then clear the EVs gained due to that by feeding EV-lowering berries later on), and by leveling up. Maxing out the happiness of a pokemon for me is not so tiring using those steps (of course, with Soothe Bell) ;)

relying on the steps to max out its happiness is very tedious. try bringing that eevee to the massage parlor in Veilstone, spa (ribbon building), feed it with poffins that it likes (high quality poffins can be purchased from the basement of Veilstone Dept. store), feed Protein & other vitamins (you can then clear the EVs gained due to that by feeding EV-lowering berries later on), and by leveling up. Maxing out the happiness of a pokemon for me is not so tiring using those steps (of course, with Soothe Bell) ;)

I did all of that and it wasn't at max happiness, however, I finally got into the ribbon place and then gave it another massage, then today I did the same thing. It finally maxed out its happiness and I could get the footprint ribbon.

The basement floor where they sell poffins is only in platinum. Thanks for your help anyway!

Ok. I've looked on GTS and i cannot seem to find a Nidorino or Nidorina or even any of the Nido families. Why is it i can see it online but i cannot seek one in the GTS? Any reasons why? I cannot even put up a pokemon in request for a Nido.

I think not.

Wrong.

I'm going to quote Smogon's ever helpful strategy pokedex:

"The power of an attack is increased by 10% on each consecutive use, up to a maximum of +200%. The boosts are lost if the holder uses another attack or switches out.

The boost is only applied on multiple selections of a move, not multiple executions. This means that moves that lock the user into the move for multiple turns will not boost for each time the user attacks, only when they select the move again.

If a Pokemon uses a move that selects another move (for instance, Sleep Talk), Metronome's bonus will increase when that move selects and attack, and do nothing (neither boost nor reset the counter) when that move fails to select an attacking move."