Is Pokemon Platinum worth getting for owners of Diamond/Pearl?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Is Pokemon Platinum worth getting for owners of Diamond/Pearl?

• Yes
    • No

Wobbuffet isn't banned either... and not all legendaries are banned. Uber legendaries ARE banned.

It doesn't even have anything to do with how "powerful" the legendary Pokemon is. Phione is pretty crap, Jirachi and Celebi are allowed in standard play in most metagames; the banned Pokes in the Battle Tower/Frontier are more due to how available they are then any perceived power they may have.

The legendary Pokes that are allowed are all Pokes from legendary trios, which are available in multiple games or are part of the current gen + Cress. The banned Pokes are either exclusive to one region or set of games, are ticket island Pokemon, or event exclusive, or a combination of the 3.

Do you mean non trios like no palkia, dialga, giratina because those are banned. Or like mesprit, uxie, azelf or neither.

Allowed:

Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres

Raikou, Entei, Suicune

Regirock, Registeel, Regice, Latios, Latias

Mesprit, Uxie, Azelf, Cresselia

I am missing a few... but the banned ones are those like Rayquaza, Mewtwo, and the rest...

i don't think using ARDS code will leave any trace in the savefile ...

as long as u don't messed up with the records ... something like "wi-fi battle cons win" changed to 100 :P

==== damn , i give an answer to the old post ====

sorry mod xD

I understand that in addition to Pal Park transfers, certain Pokemon become obtainable in D/P/Pt if you have a GBA Pokemon game in the GBA slot of your DS. Once you put the game in, is that Pokemon always obtainable, even if you remove the game? Or must you put the GBA game in any time you wish to encounter one of those Pokemon in the wild?

Once the game has received from the gba slot, the Pokemon becomes transferred to the other game( the ds one). And the Pokemon becomes a wild Pokemon(sorta. It keep's its OT and ID) Once you catch them you transfer another 6.

That is for Pal Park pokemon. But I understood that you can catch wild Pokemon that aren't Pal Park transfers elsewhere in Sinnoh, but only if you have a GBA Pokemon game in the GBA slot. For example, you can catch Sandshrews in Wayward Cave, if you have a Leaf Green in the GBA slot. My question is, does the Leaf Green have to be in that slot anytime you wish to find a Sandshrew in Wayward Cave, or, once the game registers that you had a Leaf Green hooked up, will it stay that way forever, even if you later remove the GBA game?

That is for Pal Park pokemon. But I understood that you can catch wild Pokemon that aren't Pal Park transfers elsewhere in Sinnoh, but only if you have a GBA Pokemon game in the GBA slot. For example, you can catch Sandshrews in Wayward Cave, if you have a Leaf Green in the GBA slot. My question is, does the Leaf Green have to be in that slot anytime you wish to find a Sandshrew in Wayward Cave, or, once the game registers that you had a Leaf Green hooked up, will it stay that way forever, even if you later remove the GBA game?

The Pokemon from the GBA appearing are available on when a GBA game is inserted. So no you need it to keep seeing them in the wild.

Yes, the gba game that is inserted will bring out different pokemon and you need to have that game in the slot if you want to find them. Usually though they are slightly harder to find then the ones in sinnoh. Like elekid in diamond and pearl can be found at the valley windworks with firered inserted. Firered would need to be inserted to obtain that pokemon. That would work the same way for the sandshrews.

I need an advice. Where and how can I get at least 10 ribbons to one of my pokemon? What do you recommend? I have acquired the following, are there any other ways other than these:

- Ribbon Girl in Sunyshore (1 each day)

- Beating the Elite Four (I got 1)

- Effort Ribbon in Sunyshore

- Footprint Ribbon

- Beating the Battle Tower Tycoon (got 2 ribbons for 50 game-winning streak)