Is Pokemon Platinum worth getting for owners of Diamond/Pearl?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Is Pokemon Platinum worth getting for owners of Diamond/Pearl?

• Yes
    • No

Official Help/Small Questions Thread for DPP!

In effort to help reduce clutter and the many threads asking small questions, this thread has been created.

Forgot where to go next on Route 212? Lost on Mt. Coronet? Wondering why Shaymin won't change forms? Any of your small questions can be answered here. Well, almost.

Threads that may answer your questions:

EV Training Questions/Hep Here

Team Building Questions/Help Here

Smogon Rule Discussion

Common Rules of Battling

Basically, do you have a question that can inspire discussion? If so, post a thread (if one hasn't already been made). If it's game help or general questions about the 4th gen, then post here.

Hopefully this will reduce clutter in the forum. :)

Edited by Greencat

ok my giratin was leveled and this happened:speed +-26 etc. wat is this

How many "points" are added for each level are relatively random. But since legendary are generally caught at a higher level, they'll gain more points as they level up, compared to a 3-stage evolution which'll just get a gradual increase in points.

Hey all! First post on the new forum site.

Anyways, I'm having a bit of a problem. Using the WC download on this site, I got the secret key. Keep in mind that i've already beaten the elite 4 and have my national dex [though incomplete atm.] Well, I also have Rotom...it's not the one that you get from the TV, but one I caught using the calculator AR code. My problem is that I have the key, I have the Rotom.....I go to the EXACT spot that i'm supposed to go [i've even watched two seperate videos on youtube to confirm it.] Yet, when I press A on the wall in the team glactic hideout, nothing happens. I can't get the secret room to appear!

Any help and/or advice would be GREATLY appreciated! Thank you for taking the time to read my problem and I apologize if this has been posted somewhere else on the site. <:3

The Eterna Team Galactic building has it. Go in, go all the way to the left, then keep heading up until you hit the wall. Then push A.

No no....that's what i'm saying...i'm doing that....i'm going to that wall and pressing A and STILL nothing's happening. I have both the key AND rotom in my party.

No no....that's what i'm saying...i'm doing that....i'm going to that wall and pressing A and STILL nothing's happening. I have both the key AND rotom in my party.

Did you receive the Secret Key via Mystery Gift (picked it up from the delivery man in the Pokemart) or did you hack it directly into your Key Items? If you hacked it into your items bag, it won't work.

ah, yeah, this is good. a general "sticked" help thread for minor question. and to start with, how could my shaymin change form?

Ok, you need a shaymin and it DOES NOT NEED TO BE FROM THE MOVIE, I got oak's letter by AR in Pt, have it in your party, go to floaroma town, talk to the lady outside of the shop and she gives you the flower, it's going to be in your key items, got to the flower, press A, go to use, then press A on shaymin and you now have a skyforme.

Ok, you need a shaymin and it DOES NOT NEED TO BE FROM THE MOVIE, I got oak's letter by AR in Pt, have it in your party, go to floaroma town, talk to the lady outside of the shop and she gives you the flower, it's going to be in your key items, got to the flower, press A, go to use, then press A on shaymin and you now have a skyforme.

This is false. The Glacideiawhatever flower is only given to you if the "Pokemon Event" is flagged, similar to how the Golem Trio event is only activated by the Movie Regigias. A Shaymin from Flower Paradise in D/P will not get you the flower. I'm unsure if FP Shaymin from Plat will get t.

However, ANY Shayin can use the flower.

This is false. The Glacideiawhatever flower is only given to you if the "Pokemon Event" is flagged, similar to how the Golem Trio event is only activated by the Movie Regigias. A Shaymin from Flower Paradise in D/P will not get you the flower. I'm unsure if FP Shaymin from Plat will get t.

However, ANY Shayin can use the flower.

I was talking about the oak's letter in Pt, it does work, I tried it

Okay, I'm really ticked-off about this. I'm breeding a male Banette with Will-o-wisp and a shiny Female Adamant Ralts thats holding an Everstone. I've hatched 50 eggs so far, and none of them are Adamant. Help?

Okay, I'm really ticked-off about this. I'm breeding a male Banette with Will-o-wisp and a shiny Female Adamant Ralts thats holding an Everstone. I've hatched 50 eggs so far, and none of them are Adamant. Help?

Is your Ralts a foreign one? If you use a Japanese Pokemon in an English cart to breed (for example), the Everstone will have no effect.

On the other hand, using a non-native language Pokemon with a native language Pokemon decreases the shiny odds from 1/8000-ish to 1/2000-ish.

Also, I've had that happen to me while breeding too. While it's odd to get many eggs without that nature, it's not a guarantee. the 50% chance is per egg. It doesn't mean half of your eggs will actually be adamant.

Sometimes if pokemon aren't of the same species and you make one hold an everstone it won't work, I had the same porblem, just keep breeding until you get the nature you want.

Edited by Phreen

It's been on my mind for some time now, how much capacity does the bag has?

is it infinite?

wants to know too :bidoof:

Well, it's just a game, it's like saying how do trainers never eat but are always able to live, game's don't take into account things that make sense to us.

ok, then that means I don't have to make my slaves... i mean my pokemon hold every item I don't need

hum... thanks!!

O_O how sad, what if you have like a togepi in your team and you make it hold lagging tail