Maplestory

Gin

I've pretty much played every classes, but I mostly play mages, even if their damage output is much lower than the physical classes. I don't really play anymore but the highest I've ever reached was level 84 on my old Ice Lightning Mage...

Last time I left off, I had a Page waiting to be a White Knight. I don't know if I will ever get back on though... it got boring and just... annoying :)

I've played, I made some mages, and some other guys, and then I quit at around level 20. It was just too boring to me. No PvP at all is a massive turn off for any game. What's the point of playing if you can't prove your better than everyone else.

I've played, I made some mages, and some other guys, and then I quit at around level 20. It was just too boring to me. No PvP at all is a massive turn off for any game. What's the point of playing if you can't prove your better than everyone else.

The game sucks overall. It's not the lack of PvP that is... and people already "prove they're better" by comparing damage range and stuff like that. It was fun in the early stages, I'll tell you that much. I guess its biggest turnoff was the community, not the lack of PvP. I mean, if you want PvP, there are tons of other games that have that. And if we had PvP, stuff like Assassins/Genesis spamming Bishops/Dual Blades (!!) will always win (slow guys like Warriors will stand no chance).

No PvP is just Nexon's way of saying "We don't feel like balancing the game out, so if we did add PvP, you'd all bitch about [insert class here] being too broken."

I personally play Luna Online. It's pretty good, not the best, but good. Free as well, so that's a plus. Very nice skill system (Bigger than maples) and more job classes. 3D as well, which is nice, and PvP Duels are cool too. One of the few drawbacks is translation errors, and occasionally glitches, and PK mode. A Player can go PK Mode and then just start attacking whoever they want to, it's pretty bad because thieves in this game can invisible, sneak up, and attack you. (Mages will be One Shotted most of the time >.>)

We all know Nexon is AMAZING for their LEGENDARY customer support </sarcasm>

Truth be told, they're not too great at managing the game at all... and fact: Dual Bladers are broken. Period. But only if you buy their skills using NX... which almost everybody who can steal from their parents' wallet seem to have. Maple has gone to hell these days... :/

The most balanced class is probably the Evan. They do insane damage, yes, but their skills involve charge up and are overall slow to execute. But the other retarded thing... BUY MOAR NX to get skills like Critical Hit, Booster (!) and Magic Guard (!!!!!!).

I don't play MMOs in general because I don't really like the premise of them. Luna Online I've heard a lot about... but I cannot be bothered to download more MMOs (I only run Maple at times because I had it in my computer for a long time...). Mages get One shotted all the time? Good grief... nothing like Magic Guard of that sort? I'll stick with Pokemon/Warcraft/Starcraft/etc for now.

Well there are things like Magic Barrier. Mages (So long as they take a single cleric route, one of the unique things is you can change up what your character path is as you go, Ie Priest-Warlock-Soul Arbitor) will get Shield, and Mind Barrier, which boosts both of your defenses. Later in levels, they can wear light armor, and wielding wands instead of staffs permits the use of a shield. Mages also get a few other helpful buffs which increases their survivability. (They also get Holy Shield, which is temporary invincibility, a quite broken PvP/Bossing Skill.) Necromancers are the most broken in the game atm, with Crusaders/Destroyers following close behind. Rogues in general suck at everything but PK mode. Luna+ is coming out soon though, and it will "hopefully" solve the balancing issues.

Luna is a much more social MMO than anything else, it has matchmaking, guilds, parties and all kinds of other things to give you AND your friends something to do. Regular Events that are pretty sweet, Guild Tournaments, the works. Not only that but it has a friendly community. I personally would recommend it, but if MMOs aren't your thing, then you should stay away, it's pretty grind oriented.

There will always be a broken class and an underpowered class... I still haven't found a truly balanced game yet. The only thing close to really balanced is Starcraft in my opinion... and that's not an MMO. WoW had underpowered Rogues as well... until one day they got broken. Yeah I don't know... you either break a class to uberdom or nerf them to total unusability.

MMOs in general are... grind fests. Yeah I don't really like them. I know damio and Flootenkerp at one point played Luna Online... I don't know if they still do. Let's get back on topic... this one's about Maplestory.

Lol, I might just be opposite you guys, I find maple alright. I'm an Evan, yes they do alot of damage, but their attack speed is slow, NL can do much more dpm even though they hit less. Evans only need 6k nx for the mastery books so it's not too much (I got it via MTS, not to mention that 5k maple point compensation from before). Dual Blades are just overpowered but they need 30k+ of nx to get their mastery books.

MTS never works for me because no one buys my junk. What exactly did you sell?

And when people say "do surveys" as if it were a universal answer... lol. It doesn't work for everybody.

"Only 6K NX" isn't an excuse... believe it or not that's still like 6.00 USD for virtual skills. Meh, with my compensated 5K NX I got Magic Guard... and will probably get Booster. I don't find Crit nearly as important as Booster for the very reason Evan's attacks are quite slow. + 3 speed domain is better than a normal mage's + 2 speed domain anyhow. I like Evans in general, but I hate Evan players, as many of them are KSing jerks because they do insane damage (much like DBs/D3x1355 Sins/etc...). I'm one of the few who do not :/

DBs... mastery books or not they're still broken, and with the books, they're even more broken >_>

Maple has no sense of balance. That atrocity that's coming out called Big Bang are apparently putting Heroes near the bottom of the DPM chart. Not that I care about DPM, but Heroes? That's ridiculous.

The newest phenomenon: Pam's Song, for only 19,500 NX. >_<

Are you kidding me?! And people are going "Oh it's fair because 1000 NX = 1 mil and 20 mil is a huge discount from 200 mil." Erm... okay, so the conversion scale works in theory, but like it or not, you're paying REAL money for some stupid item... and with a hefty price of almost 20.00 USD! Real money and virtual money you get from like killing monsters are NOT the same.

I sold 3 60% gfas for 700 nx each. (700 Before Transactions)

And some people are just rich and have no life so they spend all their real life money in just a game. Thus giving these people names such as NX wh***s and etc. A good (or bad depending on if you are the seller/buyer) thing about the arrival of Pam's Song is that white scrolls are dramatically deflating to a somewhat more affordable price. And I see DBs more of ksers than Evans. As a first person's point of view I may be wrong, but I rarely do ever see evans ksing others. And DBs are quite a waste of money as they need so much money to fund. Yes they are alot overpowered but once the 'Big Bang Patch' is out, all those real life $$$ are spent on nothing but a job that would not be as powerful anymore. And on the other hand, ksing (even looting) is abusing MapleStory's Terms of Use although many people are unaware of this.

Proof: (Source)

Misconduct

Rude behavior, looting, kill stealing, sexual joke, cursing

3-day ban 7-day ban 9-day ban

Item, Meso, Account trade with Real Cash (Like how would they know, if it's cash then it's outside of the game??? Unless someone is desperate enough to voice record someone or take a video and send it to Nexon?)

Permanent Ban

Account trade with meso

Permanent Ban

Inappropriate character name

Delete Character

Insult/abuse GM or WIZET

3-day ban 7-day ban 9-day ban

Spread Slander or Rumors against GM or WIZET

Permanent Ban

Sharing Personal Account

Warn Permanent Ban

Yet the GMs do nothing about any abuse. I see people hacking all day and do whatever the heck they want... even reporting costs 300 mesos (say you were a newbie without any money...) and you can only do it once a day. Do they PROMOTE hacking?!

You are right though about the DBs. They are like the biggest KSers ever. But the Evan KSers died out once DBs came in... because, face it, DBs are overpowered. They have a mob skill in 1st job that attacks three times, get a skill that makes Savage Blow look bad (Fatal Blow = 180% * 8 vs Savage Blow's 80% * 6), get Flash Jump (exclusive to sins previously), get a Shadow Partner that requires NO SUMMONING ROCKS, gets Flash Bang which is a lot like Bandit's Smokescreen, gets an Ultimate-like attack much like Bishop's Genesis/Archmage's Blizzard/Meteor (after Big Bang it will have a 4 second cooldown as opposed to the 30 second one the other mages get), Thorns, a skill that makes a BM/MM Sharp Eyes look like it's Magikarp's Splash... they're a conglomeration of every classes put into one overpowered class. >_>

Evans still do KS, and so do Assassins, and even Dragon Knights (O_O), but you just don't see them as much anymore because of those lousy Dual Bladers. They might as well call this Blade Story.

And those who say Big Bang will nerf Dual Bladers... erm, they're only nerfing their early skills like Triple Slash and Fatal Blow. But for the other skills they get, they're getting pumped. Check the patch notes yourself. They're still up there in the DPM chart too. And I give up... even Paladins are above Heroes in DPM. I made a Paladin because I enjoy being one, not because of their damage. Now all these bandwagoners are gonna come and stain the once awesome and cool title of Paladin just because of high damage range or something. Hero is a class MADE for bossing and high damage, but apparently that's not the case anymore. They're just slow and bulky, while being outdamaged AND outbulkied by Dragon Knights. Meh, I give up...

Don't you find it sickening how people talk about the Big Bang patch as if they KNOW what's going to happen? Meh, Maple's been ruined by these imbalances for a long time. Who am I to complain?

Nexon confirms that they will attempt to look on all tickets and complaints... And like we so know that...

And when I say Dual Blades are gonna get weaker I mean it compared to the other classes. Every class gets boosts and that includes dual blades, but some have an additional amount added, for example, dits get shadow partner... like wth? They already have enough power and now they're almost doubling that? And also, I don't think Nexon has confirmed that the 'Big Bang' will come to GMS yet. Yes, it likely will come but who is to ensure that it will have the EXACT same changes as the one in KMS? I've also heard about the exp curves after the 'Big Bang' and leveling will be so much easier... everything is getting out of balance. The first lvl 200 took like years (around 2-4?) to reach the max lvl. But since so much additions have come to place, there was a Cygnus Knight who got leeched from Lvl 1-120 in just a day. Leveling rates are just soon going to go off the scale...

Actually, bandits are weak classes. They're not really great at damaging, and the only way they'll do tons of damage is by wasting mesos (Meso Explosion). They're only known for speed, but Dual Bladers made Bandits' weakness more apparent. When Arans came out, they made the other classes look like trash, BUT they had noticeable disadvantages. Same thing for Evans. While they were more powerful than the rest, they were slow attackers, needed NX for stuff like Magic Guard, and wasted many potions. Dual Bladers... the only known disadvantage is ~ 30K NX, but face it. With all the spoiled brats around who can get whatever the heck they want from their parents (modern generation... sigh U_U), is that really a disadvantage?

Of course we cannot confirm BB will come out the same way as KMS makes it come out, but if it does, I'll hate it. Not like I play Maple a lot nowadays (I haven't been on for a long time), but even then... BB could be a legit reason to just quit. I'm one of those people who find it hard to level, especially during the 50s-70s. At that point everything gives like .02% exp and takes like 2-4 hits to destroy. I hate leechers... they have it the easy way and don't suffer the hell legit players do. :/

Don't you hate promoting to third job and you can't wait to use your new skills... only to be plagued by ONE skill point at level 70... and grow like 10 extra levels just to max that one out? It's quite demotivating.

I could get my Blaze Wizard up, but unfortunately I have no motivation and Blaze Wizards, like Evans, waste a LOT of potions...