Breeding Questions / Help

Shinra

I personally have only one question, but I think I want to make a thread for a sort of 'collab guide'.

Now, you've all heard of IV breeding to get Pokemon better starting stats, in other words raising IVs as high as humanely possible. Unfortunately, it tends to make most Pokemon you breed male.

Now, I'm after a female Ralts. I've got a male one, but he's for getting Gallade, and I make it a point not to have two of the same Pokemon. I'm also after a Gardevoir, but I'm a bit picky. Basically, I want a female Gardevoir.

Many of you know that if a Pokemon's Attack IV is high enough (or too high) they'll be male. I've already attempted to breed a female Ralts, and I failed miserably. After a bit of research, I found out why. The Ralts I had (not including EVs in the calculation) had too large of an Attack IV (I bred it with a Ditto).

To cut to the chase, basically, I want to do the opposite of IV breeding. Instead, I want to bring the IV down. The question is, how? Is it possible, or do I have to wait for a swarm of Ralts and hunt for a female?

EDIT: Also (since the forum decided to post my thread before I could finish it), if anyone has any other breeding questions, feel free to ask here.

Edited by Shinra
Unfinished.