What Internet Browser do you use?

Sir Xero

Which Internet Browser do you use?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Which Internet Browser do you use?

• Internet Explorer
    • Firefox
    • Google Chrome
    • Safari
    • OTHER (post if needed)

Well now that i have experienced Chrome. I'll never go back to FireFox... Unless a page requires it. I just love the instant boot up of Chrome and it seems faster than Firefox. I was actually pretty sad when i unistalled Firefox as it was just sitting there gathering cyber dust. Now that I've made the switch my friend seems to be following though he prefers Firefox because it has better support for AdBlock.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Firefox is much better than all of browsers. I also used this browser form surfing the Internet...

nope

Chrome has all the addons firefox can have (extentions), and is a wee bit faster. Plus the way you can integrate stuff and have a newtab page with your most common visited sites is great

I use firefox mainly. I am in to open Web development so I test in all.

Things I do not like about the other browsers (Stable releases only):

Firefox: No SVG font support, Very poor SVG animation by SMIL, No WEBM support, SVG filescan not be in IMG tag (OBJECT, EMBED, and IFRAME works).

Google Chrome: No Alternate stylessheets support, no MathML support, remote fonts disabled by default, and the simple interface (I feel it takes less control from me.), no Animated PNG support.

Opera: Poor UTF-8 support (Most characters are misinterpeted), Problems displaying certain Unicode characters (I have the fonts but still insists on showing missing glyph).

Safari: Dependent on Quicktime for HTML5 media.

IE: Where to begin... Poor security, No XHTML (application/xhtml+xml) support. No SVG support. No native MathML support. Almost no HTML5 support (IE Supports contenteditable attribute),

No HTML5 Media, no Canvas support, and no animated PNG support.

Things I like:

Firefox: Best extensions, Can use SVG effects in HTML and XHTML. is very customizable.

Google Chrome: Fast loading of pages and opening.

Opera: Best SVG support (Only browser that supports SVG 1.2 tiny), Advanced Web toolbar.

Safari: Best Canvas support.

IE: Sorry, I can not think of anything about this other than it went against web standards until IE 8.

I use Firefox like the majority of the people. I'm just so used to it. When I used Internet Explorer, I remember hating it. Of course, I was still kind of young then. I didn't pay much attention to which browser I was using. But since my whole family seemed to transition to Firefox, I did, too. And I loved the results. Hooray for Firefox!

Edited by Ruki
Some letters did not capitalize. =p

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Currently i am using Firefox. It works with more HTML codes and with the new update its more reliably. And has many ad ons for just about anything. It also seems to load faster for me. Also it provides much wide screen which is beneficial for showing much content on one page.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Browsers I Like - some comments

1. FireFox 7.0 - vindicated it self from being a memory hog, the best for web developers for html validation and css3 code implentation, has a lot of tools and plugins

2. Google Chrome - front runner in developing css3, has the slickest jquery animation,

3. Opera - second to the best in handling css3 coding

4. Safari - always kinda in the middle, consumes RAM

5. others...

and will never use Internet explorer. one, what ever version it currently has right now, it does not follow the latest CSS3 standards it has very little support for html5, its coding language is always crap

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised that Firefox is most popular, its probably to do with the start date for the thread. I think alot of people like the original poster have jumped from Firefox and onto Google Chrome in recent years. Entirely my opinion of course.

These days I use Google Chrome.

I'm surprised that Firefox is most popular, its probably to do with the start date for the thread. I think alot of people like the original poster have jumped from Firefox and onto Google Chrome in recent years. Entirely my opinion of course.

These days I use Google Chrome.

Hah, that's me. Used to be Firefox, now Chrome. I have Firefox (and IE) as a backup though.