Pokemon Stadium

Zengetsu

I really want the old Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 to come out on the Wii Shop Channel I mean I love my N64 but eventually its gonna bite the dust so I hope they get it on there soon I mean they already got Pokemon Snap on it to...

whats everyone else think?

I agree, it would be really nice to have these games for the Wii... at least the second one, because if Nintendo ever did ever consider it, I can't see them releasing both. However, a major part of them was transferring your Pokemon over from the Generation 1 & 2 games; and I can't see that aspect of them working at this point. Even for those of us that still have the old games, there'd be no way to link them up without some new accessory.

The games would really only make sense as semi-remade WiiWare titles, as opposed to true Virtual Console releases... modified to transfer to and from Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. It would make a far better storage system than Pokemon Ranch, as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Wasn't it Pokemon Stadium where you could unlock the Surfing Pikachu to transfer over to your GB games? I remember I had a Surfing Pikachu, but I forget where from.

quite indeed

Btw does anyone remember the music that played when you fought mewtwo? Man! that one really rocked!

• 2 weeks later...

Man, I miss Stadium and Stadium 2. I used to have a copy of both. I played them all the time. I still would if I had them. My N64 still works. But none of the stores around here carry them, unless I can convince my neighbor to hook me up with a copy from the store he works at, as they deal in older video games.

Btw does anyone remember the music that played when you fought mewtwo? Man! that one really rocked!

It was cool, but I enjoyed the music from Stadium 2 much more. There were two remixes of the Johto trainer battle theme that were awesome, the remix of New Bark Town was awesome, the Professor Oak / Elm lab mix was awesome... it goes on really.

Ahh Pokémon Stadium. Anybody ever get the surfing Pikachu out of that game?

No. :(

The Pokémon labs in the Stadium games are what inspired me to hack Pokémon in the first place. They have a special place in my heart.

• 2 weeks later...

lol, stadium 2 was awsome

never played the first

lol, i think they have a decent amount of games missing from the wii shop channel, like sonic cd, 3 and knuckles, sbb 1, etc

the only problems i had with the game were:

THE FREAKIN RENTALS

Clair...since i used rentals, i could never get past her as a little kid..and i never knew till gsc that guy from clairs gym told me that ice was also dragon's weakness..then i forgot it and remembered it until as an 11 year old i pulled it out of my drawer, and surprisingly the internal battery still worked :P

Red (saw vids on youtube) he has johto starters -_-..totally kills it

the pokemon academy. Believe it or not, i LOVED the academy as a little kid..dunno if this happened to anyone else, but every time i would get into the highest part of the school, sometime or another, my entire data gets deleted. Probably cause for an n64 game, its too much data to hold..or i was just unlucky XP

oh yes..and who could forget whitney's godzilla of a miltank? Again, same problems..rentals barely did a thing, and i didnt know that Fighting>Rock & normal back then

and then came chuck, and my liar of a friend told me that fighting was weak against fighting >:o..maybe he just got mixed up with dragon..so it took me a while to find out flying and psychic kill it

Oops, did I write too much? :/

Stadium 2 was my favourite between the two, and I still play it every once in a while. It'd be great to see it get released for either the Wii Shop Channel, or as a DS game (it could transfer Pokemon over from Gen III using the GBA-slot).

I was so beast in that game .... so much that i beat round 2 with NU pokemon but that was gsc it was possible (*sigh*)

• 1 month later...
Now that you mention Pokemon Stadium.

the other day i was at like EBGAMES

and i saw inside a case, like at least 6 copies of it.

if it had 2, i might had got it but it was all the first one

YOUR EB STILLS SELLS N64 GAMES!?!?! lucky... All the EB's here (2) turned into GameStop and no longer sell older games...

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully it will come out through a Ripped WAD on the homebrew channel or Nintendo actually releases it, I'm kind of hoping for a Ripped WAD so I can hopefully transfer Pokemon with a SAV file of Gold. Otherwise I'm playing the rom on my computer with my Media Center Remote... (Yes its possible to transfer your SAV file of gold to Project64.)

The best part about the Stadium games were the cries.

They got rid of the BLEEO BLOOPS of Gen I/II and replaced with more realistic sounds.

Pikachu sounds like a rodent, Charizard sounds like a badass fire breathing dragon, MEOWTH ACTUALLY MEOWS.

And of course, this was promptly forgotten about.

So now I can have two bird Pokemon on the same team, and Pidgeot will sound like BLEE BLOOP while Staraptor will sound like a vulture ready to attack.