Newer PKHex Releases won't run?

King Riku

On Windows 10, I was using a release from January and I wanted to update to the September release so I could get back into editing my files. None of the newer releases seem to work, I even tried downloading visual studio and using the files on github. I even made sure my .net is completely updated but I can't figure it out. The beginning loading message comes up and then after 3 seconds it disappears and the actual app doesn't pop up, I don't even get any error messages. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? :(

Can you open the Event Viewer in Windows to see if there's an Application error that happened around the time you open PKHeX?

If you don't know how to find the event viewer, this guide should help.

Looks like there was one when I just tried to run it, it looks like it was .net runtime:

"Application: PKHeX.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception."

Edit: it looks like my .net isn't the current version? But every time I try to update it tells me it's up to date.

Edit again: I don't know what I'm doing, I can post some screenshots if they'd help

Looks like there was one when I just tried to run it, it looks like it was .net runtime:

"Application: PKHeX.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception."

Edit again: I don't know what I'm doing, I can post some screenshots if they'd help

Can you post a screenshot of the Details tab? There might be some stuff there that could help us determine what the problem is. It might be called "Problem Signature" or something similar.

it looks like my .net isn't the current version? But every time I try to update it tells me it's up to date.

PKHeX itself doesn't use the latest version of the .Net framework (so it will work with Windows XP), so that's fine.

[Edit]

Also, it may be worth trying out the latest development build:

http://teamcity.uniquegeeks.net/repository/download/PKHeX_PKHeXBuildPr/2530:id/PKHeX%20Build%20537.zip

Can you post a screenshot of the Details tab? There might be some stuff there that could help us determine what the problem is. It might be called "Problem Signature" or something similar.

PKHeX itself doesn't use the latest version of the .Net framework (so it will work with Windows XP), so that's fine.

[Edit]

Also, it may be worth trying out the latest development build:

http://teamcity.uniquegeeks.net/repository/download/PKHeX_PKHeXBuildPr/2530:id/PKHeX%20Build%20537.zip

Yeah, that build won't let me open any save files and gives me errors, but at least it loads more than the other ones. Now there are two errors:

First Error:

First_Error.png

First_Error2.png

Second Error:

Second_Error.png

Second_Error2.png

I hope these are what you asked for, they're all the details I saw. Thank you for helping though^^

• 2 months later...