CRO editing help

I'm trying to install a cia that takes use of Luma3ds's patch allowing CRO's to be edited. I'm using the CIA tools included in Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire (and am using the tutorial on that page, but with a different rom). When I try to run the installed .cia file, it says an error has occurred, and tells me to hold the power button and try again. Anyone know why this isn't working? I'm pretty new to cia hacking, and before this I've just been using hans.

Edit: After a few tries I didn't get that error, but I got a different one. When I launch it it doesn't get pass the Nintendo 3ds screen, and stays on that until I power it off

Edited by MegaKyurem

im really sorry i know you're expecting a response and to be honest I have no clue :( I was just wondering if you could tell me how to install Luma3ds's patch because I'm having trouble. is there a good tutorial you could link me to? Or just tell me? again i'm really sorry for no response to your problem but I can't find a half decent guide anywhere

• 2 weeks later...
im really sorry i know you're expecting a response and to be honest I have no clue :( I was just wondering if you could tell me how to install Luma3ds's patch because I'm having trouble. is there a good tutorial you could link me to? Or just tell me? again i'm really sorry for no response to your problem but I can't find a half decent guide anywhere

There is a patch you have to install? I thought that you just had to have Luma3ds on your 3ds to run a .cia with edited cros.

There is a patch you have to install? I thought that you just had to have Luma3ds on your 3ds to run a .cia with edited cros.
ok i found out how to install Luma but how do you go about building a cia file and running it? maybe if I cold find out i could try and help u with your problem as well