New to pkhex

BB1996

So I am new to Project Pokémon and really don't know much about pkhex so forgive me if this is a stupid question.

I have an old 3ds with firmware 9.2.0-20U so it seems I can use pk hex with both the second method the web injection and the third method savedatafiler. Problem is I don't really now much about either and I couldn't find a tutorial or an explanation that outlined either method in much detail. If someone could confirm that I can use pkhex and either can explain these processes or has a tutorial that would be so very much appreciated. I apologize if this is a stupid question with a simple answer just being so new to this I really don't know. Thanks for taking the time to read this ramble.

Here's some simple guides that may help you. After installing CFW you can import/export save files using JK's Save Manager and edit them directly with PKHex. There are two ways you can set it up:

Menuhax & Emunand - Everything boots in 30-40 seconds, 90% boot rate to emunand (sysnand works fine), but has almost 0 risk. Just make sure to backup your SD first.

• Follow this guide to set up emuNAND and CFW.
  • Use FBI, which is installed in the above guide, to install JK's Save Manager, linked to above.
  • It's probably mentioned in the guide above, just take care to only update emunand using System Settings. And be sure you're in emuNAND immediately prior to updating. As soon as you leave System Settings, you will go back into sysNAND. Be careful not to update sysNAND, or you will lose all *hax access on that console.
  • If you decide to install Arm9Loaderhax in the future, follow this guide starting at step 4.

Arm9Loaderhax - Boots faster, more reliably, and feels less hack-ish, but can brick your console if you don't follow the guide word for word. No skipping steps!

• With recent tools becoming much safer, there's still a chance to brick your console using this method. If you make a NAND backup, you can hire someone to fix it, though. Using older, less reliable tools, I bricked my old 3DS, but using the newer tools, I installed it successfully on my new 3DS.
  • If you feel uncomfortable doing this, use Menuhax & Emunand.
  • Follow this guide. If your console is on 9.2, you can skip Part 2 (Downgrading).
  • Use FBI, which is installed in the above guide, to install JK's Save Manager, linked to above.

Thanks so much for replying and really breaking this down and suggesting my plan of action. I think I will try the menuhax and emunand id rather not push my luck with the arm9loaderhax since I'm still trying to get used to everything, and I don't want to risk bricking my 3ds since I'm still new. Again I really appreciate you taking the time to answer this question.