Request for Latest builds

Odaxis

I'm not sure how well that would work, due to the various locations it could try to load saves from (or even among multiple saves). It's really probably best to just load saves manually.

Such as for myself, using Cyber Editor, I have several saves that PKHeX would have to choose from.

However, on the note of feature requests, I want to suggest something that I've long thought would be neat:

A PKHeX PC Storage System. Basically in the concept of Bank, but just saved on our computers and directly accessed via PKHeX as an additional (non-game save) PC Storage. If it were to be an expandable option (so the window expands to include that PC), then it would be easily accessible for both saving/loading directly with it as well as quick transfer of numerous Pokemon between the official games and the PKHeX Storage.

In line with the idea of PKHeX eventually being possibly compatible with all 7 and future generations, it could even have a separate Storage for each Generation to work with.

Obviously we already can save our custom Pokemon as files, but it would be much easier to have those saved with an in-program easy access to quickly identify and organize them. This Storage system would also be able to have any number of Boxes (need more space? Just hit "Add Box"!), and/or hold more than in-game ones.

Just an idea, but a fun dream one if nothing else!

Not per se pkhex related fix but a trick I use for quickly opening my save file is that I have the "no extension" set to default open with pkhex in my register. This is very easy to implement.

1) Open Regedit by pressing the Windows key + R then typing 'regedit'

2) Open HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT

3) RIGHT click HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT and click New->Key. Name this Key just '.' (without ' ')

4) Right click the just created key and again New->Key then name it 'shell' (without ' ')

5) Once again right click that key (I mean shell here) and again New->Key and name that 'open' (without ' ')

6) And one last time right click the previous key (open) and again New->Key then name it 'command' (without ' ')

7) Open 'command' and you should see an entry with Name: (Default) / Type: REG_SZ / Data: (value not set)

8) Double click this (value not set) and type your path to your pkhex.exe the append it with %1

Note: If the path to your pkhex has spaces (for example "C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Pokemon Games") then be sure to put the path between " " marks. Referring to the below example images if my folder would be "Gaming Files" and not "GamingFiles" I would have to have entered it as "D:\UserFiles\3DS\Gaming Files\PKHaX\PKHeX.exe" %1 (so with the quotation marks around the path)

Now when you double click any file without a file extensions like the 'main' file it will automatically open in pkhex!

Example image:

uzfYZiR.png

4FYgFiZ.png

I'm not sure how well that would work, due to the various locations it could try to load saves from (or even among multiple saves). It's really probably best to just load saves manually.

Such as for myself, using Cyber Editor, I have several saves that PKHeX would have to choose from.

However, on the note of feature requests, I want to suggest something that I've long thought would be neat:

A PKHeX PC Storage System. Basically in the concept of Bank, but just saved on our computers and directly accessed via PKHeX as an additional (non-game save) PC Storage. If it were to be an expandable option (so the window expands to include that PC), then it would be easily accessible for both saving/loading directly with it as well as quick transfer of numerous Pokemon between the official games and the PKHeX Storage.

In line with the idea of PKHeX eventually being possibly compatible with all 7 and future generations, it could even have a separate Storage for each Generation to work with.

Obviously we already can save our custom Pokemon as files, but it would be much easier to have those saved with an in-program easy access to quickly identify and organize them. This Storage system would also be able to have any number of Boxes (need more space? Just hit "Add Box"!), and/or hold more than in-game ones.

I've been toying with the idea of making a PKHeX plugin for Sky Editor. I successfully changed my OT in a gen 6 save using a POC version of it. Having a bank of Pokemon with basic searching sounds reasonable, maybe even having an online storage of sorts, but both of these are definately in the "mid to far future" range. I don't know how much work it would be to put in PKHeX. I'd definately say this is easier in WPF than Windows Forms, though.

I'll probably try to finish up a release for PMD saves in the near future. When I do that, I'll put up a poll to see if/how many people would want this.

[Edit] Actually, it might not take too long to make a POC online bank, if anyone's interested. In the further future, I could have Sky Editor with a PKHeX plugin post to and download from it.

Any chance we can get the file auto open feature back?

Depends what save data manager you are using.

Only conflict I can see is using hotkeys (ctrl-o) with save_manager as control is the key to skip that check.

Try opening via file open or clicking on the save info label above the boxes.

Already exists, see the database sub form. Dump boxes to PKHeX's database or create a "db" folder in the same path as the executable. The database viewer has built in searching, and eventually will be improved for cross gen viewing.

I think it could be nice if there was a settings file of some sort, and in PKHeX we could manually select whichever path we want for auto-opening save file. For example I use svdt and every game that I backup goes into their own folder within /svdt/ (in this case, /svdt/pokemon_omega_ruby/)

That way, anyone can just set it to whichever path they may want, which imo would be better than having a bunch of different folder paths hardcoded into the program and having to add new ones when/if new save file dumpers are made that copy save data to different folders, etc.

That'd require adding an actual config file (that would -only- be used for this), though, which I'm not sure how you'd feel about. Unless more different settings were added but it doesn't seem like PKHeX really has anything else that could require actual config files.