"Invalid Character" in my OT name?

DraptorRonin

Okay, here's the story:

I open my newly started SoulSilver save file in PokeGen (3.1.13), and I go to edit my Totodile. I notice that when I go to the final tab, in the Trainer Information section my In-game Name (Ben...) is not displayed correctly.

What isn't displaying correctly you might ask? PokeGen says the "...", or the Ellipsis character rather, is invalid

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13273[/ATTACH]

After doing some research, the "Invalid Character" can be imputed as "/246C" in PokeGen's character map. However, once I have loaded mentioned SoulSilver save file (as well as any other 4th Gen. save files where I use this character (...) in my in-game name), the program says "invalid Character", and the character map won't let me select the very same character either.

My question is: Why is this? Is there anything I can do to fix this?

On a similar note, I am able to use this character specified in this thread without issue when dealing with my 5th Gen. save files.

Thank You for your time, and have a good day.

-DraptorRonin

Okay, here's the story:

I open my newly started SoulSilver save file in PokeGen (3.1.13), and I go to edit my Totodile. I notice that when I go to the final tab, in the Trainer Information section my In-game Name (Ben...) is not displayed correctly.

What isn't displaying correctly you might ask? PokeGen says the "...", or the Ellipsis character rather, is invalid

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13273[/ATTACH]

After doing some research, the "Invalid Character" can be imputed as "/246C" in PokeGen's character map. However, once I have loaded mentioned SoulSilver save file (as well as any other 4th Gen. save files where I use this character (...) in my in-game name), the program says "invalid Character", and the character map won't let me select the very same character either.

My question is: Why is this? Is there anything I can do to fix this?

On a similar note, I am able to use this character specified in this thread without issue when dealing with my 5th Gen. save files.

Thank You for your time, and have a good day.

-DraptorRonin

Perhaps the way Pokegen was programmed, it was assumed that "..." didn't exist in Gen 4,

which is why it displays "invalid character" in Gen 4, and is displayed normally when dealing with Gen 5 save.

Any way around it? Frankly, I have no clue.

And I think Pokegen isn't being maintained anymore.

Anyhow, the game doesn't delete that character from your existing Pokemon, unless you try to change the OT name right?

Or is the character deleted upon setting the pokemon down, even though you didn't modify the Ot name?

Perhaps the way Pokegen was programmed, it was assumed that "..." didn't exist in Gen 4,

which is why it displays "invalid character" in Gen 4, and is displayed normally when dealing with Gen 5 save.

Any way around it? Frankly, I have no clue.

And I think Pokegen isn't being maintained anymore.

Anyhow, the game doesn't delete that character from your existing Pokemon, unless you try to change the OT name right?

Or is the character deleted upon setting the pokemon down, even though you didn't modify the Ot name?

It modifies the OT name and then treats any Pokemon I edit as if it were traded (which can be annoying in-game with a during a playthrough, when level caps in Gen. IV are a little inconsistent between games (in my opinion)).

Edit: Any of MY Pokemon that I caught in that game's save file.

It modifies the OT name and then treats any Pokemon I edit as if it were traded (which can be annoying in-game with a during a playthrough, when level caps in Gen. IV are a little inconsistent between games (in my opinion)).

Edit: Any of MY Pokemon that I caught in that game's save file.

That is pretty damn bad.

I guess the only way around it is to use another save editor (which probably won't be as good as Pokegen),

such as reverting to Pokesav or something.