ROM Editing Capabilities

As far as I've gathered, Gen 4 hacking is well fleshed out. I cannot confirm everything for certain but the basic things such as sprite editing, move changing, text editing, and all that basic stuff can be fully edited. Things like scripts can also be made from what I've gathered off a certain Youtube channel (creator of the video below).

Likewise, if you have the time and/or knowledge of modeling you can potentially create your own region in these games.

Like so:

[video=youtube;btXoS5xzGl0]

I cannot go into specifics, as I'm more interested in Gen 5/6 hacking, but I hope I was able to clear up some of what is possible with the fourth generation.

Yeah, that definitely helps, thanks! Now I know Roland intended to make a guide directory and one of the other mods intended to clean up his link dump (although neither of these things ever happened), so now I ask this: what tools would I need to do the following.

• Add/edit/remove scripts*
  • Move things around (to effectively create a new region)
  • Make/add new models
  • Edit sprites
  • Edit movesets
  • Edit typings
  • Edit what Pokemon are what levels where
  • Edit NPC Pokemon
  • Edit text
  • Make long-gone events usable and/or add new ones**

*What language does the game use?

**Basically I just mean what tool do I need to fully, completely, 100% manipulate events as a whole - adding, editing, removing, etc.

Thanks! Any chance you know how I can create models?

Sorry, can't help you there.

Also, are there any in-depth tutorials on things like this? I can't seem to find any gen IV guides, everything's for FireRed it seems

Not that I know of, but then again I'm more into the ram side of the games. The reason for the FireRed guides is because there were several expansive romhacks using firered as a base.

If all else fails, try asking around gbatemp.

Sorry, can't help you there.

Not that I know of, but then again I'm more into the ram side of the games. The reason for the FireRed guides is because there were several expansive romhacks using firered as a base.

If all else fails, try asking around gbatemp.

Alright, thanks anyway. I'll head onto GBATemp then, since I haven't found help at PokeCommunity nor at Pokemon Forever