Hello!

SpanishAdam

Hey guys / gals,

I've just registered so thought I would drop a post saying hello. I hope to be active, but I am pretty much a newb at hacking. I hope to make the most of tools for the majority of the work I am doing, but I will need to get to grips with hex editing for other parts.

Just to give you an idea of my 'pet project', I am looking at making an enhanced version of Crystal. My general goals are as follows:

* Improve the gym leaders. The difficulty curve is fairly wonky in gen 2, so I hope to make it a lot more gradual. Whitney and Red will be similar (albeit slightly harder), and the others will be adjusted to hit reach those difficulty points through a more gradual curve. Johto leaders also largely have very boring pokemon, so I am going to change their pokes to be Johto pokes where possible.

* Wild pokes will be scaled better in Kanto

* Remix the rival battles, dependent on starter, with largely different teams. Their starter will remain, as will the Crobat that underscores his story arc.

* Improve the rocket execs to make them more interesting. Perhaps giving them the Jesse/James skins from Yellow.

* No trade evolutions

* Red will drop the GS Ball as a final reward.

* Battle Tower will be ripped out and made into a post-post game challenge. Kinda like the Elite 4, but with level 90+ pokes

As I say, most of it should be pretty straightforward, but the last few may require hard work. I'm a teacher, so I will have the summer vacation to focus on the harder parts.

Anyway, that's me and what I'm doing. Hope to see you guys around!