Pokemon XY/ORAS RAM Research Thread

I'm starting this thread because I want to share/gather various information on RAM hacking on Generation 6 Pokemon games. (I hope no one else has already done the same)

If you have something to contribute (such as RAM addresses for values, pointers, etc.), please post it here!

(Just be sure to specify whether it's an offset for NTR-CFW or ARCode or whatever; otherwise it *could* get confusing.)

==============

Anyway, I'm going to start off by posting some notable locations for various things.

ORAS RAM addresses: (tested in Omega Ruby)

PSS Shout-Out Message (Unicode) is at 0x08C81466 in NTR-CFW. Use either NTR Debugger or this plugin (not mine) to modify the string's hex value.

Or, if using Spider ARCode, the FCRAM offset is 0x03981466.

Picture:

attachment.php?attachmentid=13115&stc=1

More to come in the future...?

Happy hacking!

~ Yoshi

P.S. It's like 4:00 in the morning for me as of posting this thread, so I apologize if this isn't the place for this stuff.

It would be great if some one find the addresses of opponent pokemon IVs during battle...this will speed up softresetting process

It will be implemented in cheats. It cannot be edited with the debugger without doing some annoying stuff.

It will be implemented in cheats. It cannot be edited with the debugger without doing some annoying stuff.

And what will do this cheat? How it will show us the opponent spread? I mean, during battle. I don't want to edit IVs, i want only to see them

Edited by Real.96

And what will do this cheat? How it will show us the opponent spread? I mean, during battle. I don't want to edit IVs, i want only to see them

Well, I do know that NTR CFW plugin development is pretty flexible, since there's already a plugin that lets you view/edit almost any portion of the RAM of a process: [link]

And although I'm sure it's possible, I don't really know how to make a plugin that checks the IVs of an opponent's Pokemon.

But speaking of which, it would really be awesome if someone made an NTR plugin that could check egg Shiny Values like InstaCheck did back before X/Y's 1.2 update. I'm just wondering if it's possible to have an NTR plugin overlay text on the screen without pausing the game that's running.

Well, I do know that NTR CFW plugin development is pretty flexible, since there's already a plugin that lets you view/edit almost any portion of the RAM of a process: [link]

And although I'm sure it's possible, I don't really know how to make a plugin that checks the IVs of an opponent's Pokemon.

Are you sure that it's impossible? I thought that IVs after being generated were stored in RAM....

But speaking of which, it would really be awesome if someone made an NTR plugin that could check egg Shiny Values like InstaCheck did back before X/Y's 1.2 update. I'm just wondering if it's possible to have an NTR plugin overlay text on the screen without pausing the game that's running.

It would be something like the Lua Script for DeSmuMe, right?

Are you sure that it's impossible? I thought that IVs after being generated were stored in RAM....

It would be something like the Lua Script for DeSmuMe, right?

I didn't say it was impossible. I said it's POSSIBLE.

And yeah, I guess it could be something like whatever Lua script you're talking about, if it involves link trades.

I didn't say it was impossible. I said it's POSSIBLE.

And yeah, I guess it could be something like whatever Lua script you're talking about, if it involves link trades.

Sorry, i have read impossible. My fault. Hope this will be done soon, because this way the softreset process will become really fast

• 1 month later...