Discontinuation of services for the DS/programs like ShinyGTS?

RappinSpaceGoblin

Howdy yall, set up an account to ask a question and hopefully get some guidance. Looks like a good community that I would like to use in the future.

I have Pokemon White, and an original silver DS. Since Nintendo shut down connectivity for the DS devices, is there no way to load genned mons onto this cartridge anymore?

I thought programs like ShinyGTS and the like would still work, since they act like the GTS to the best of my knowledge and fool your DS into thinking the GTS is still up, but after getting ShinyGTS running with some files loaded, I keep getting the discontinuation notice from my DS when I try to connect. I probably just have something set up wrong, but I have followed tutorials to a T and still hit this wall.

Fact of the matter is, this is probably going to be a stupid question, but I can't find anything about these programs working since the service discontinuation, everything I find is months old, and everybody has probably moved onto newer versions.

Thanks for the help in advance, and apologies if this is a dumb one!

Thanks! That looks really awesome for when I get an action replay, I miss using the actual GTS and horse trading with other folks. My larger question still remains on if ShinyGTS still works after the discontinuation, which this would seem to indicate that yes, programs can pretend to be the GTS, but only with an action replay. Is this true? Is that the key that I'm missing?

Thanks! That looks really awesome for when I get an action replay, I miss using the actual GTS and horse trading with other folks. My larger question still remains on if ShinyGTS still works after the discontinuation, which this would seem to indicate that yes, programs can pretend to be the GTS, but only with an action replay. Is this true? Is that the key that I'm missing?

Only with the action replay will it work; the authentication server has to be modified to point to the AltWFC server.

The DS first communicates with nintendo first, then the GTS which WAS spoofed. Gotta authenticate first.

• 3 months later...