First Pokemon Colosseum Randomised/Hack !!

StarsMmd

Pre-randomised patches

Randomised Trainers and Moves

These randomise all the trainer pokemon, as well as all obtainable pokemon and the movesets/learnsets of all pokemon. All pokemon with trade requirements for evolution now evolve at level 40 instead. Enjoy.

Randomised Trainers and Moves Patches

Randomised Trainers Only

These patches don't randomise the moves, just the pokemon.

Randomised Pokemon

Extreme Randomiser

Randomised trainer pokemon, moves, abilities, types and evolutions

Colosseum Extreme Randomiser

Video Tutorial on how to patch your ISO

Randomiser Tool (Max OSX only)

Colosseum Randomiser Thread

Pokemon Colosseum Hack

Also, I was previously working on a Hack version of Pokemon Colosseum. I started it long ago before I knew much about hacking so it's not drastically different but it does contain a few new moves, all new trainer and shadow pokemon and new TMs. I don't have plans to work on colosseum for a while but I thought I'd release what I'd done for anyone who may be interested. I've played through most of it a few times myself and it should be pretty stable.

It's called Pokemon Mausoleum.

Pokemon Mausoleum UPS patch

Use a UPS patcher to apply this patch to a clean US version of Pokemon Colosseum.

P.S. I deleted all the battle mode trainers to save space so you can only play these on Story Mode.

Credits

---------------------------------------

@Tiddlywinks

@psy_commando

These two helped a lot in terms of researching various elements of colosseum so it feels appropriate to at least give some credit.

Pokemon Mausoleum Patch.zip

Edited by StarsMmd
  • Like 2

I don't know how other randomizers do things, but I'm wondering, did you at all take into account whether some Trainers (mainly the major ones, like Miror B. or Dakim) appear multiple times and may have originally kept some of their Pokemon between one battle and another? Thinking about it, that does sound a bit complicated, but it also seems to me like it would be a nice touch.

Perhaps more importantly, did you randomize absolutely everything, or did you try to make sure that, where a Trainer has a Shadow Pokemon that could have been captured, their alternate Shadow Pokemon/Shadow Pokemon-less teams would look the same? (I guess you could argue this is kind of trivial too, though, depending on how much...fidelity? you want from the "new" game.)

i made it so that the same trainer will have the same shadow pokemon with the same moves like in the original however I didn't make sure the rest of their teams stayed the same. In colosseum most shadow pokemon appear more than once so I thought it was at least important to keep then the same.

As you probably know the game stores separate versions of the team with and without the shadow pokemon giving the illusion of just one pokemon being switched or removed. I'll have to see if there is an easy way to identify when a tram is a shadowless version of another. I could also try and make it so that trainer teams with the same trainer name use similar Pokemon.

If anybody else has any other ideas/improvements let me know and I'll make some new patches.

Edited by StarsMmd

Is it possible to modify Colosseum and xD's pokemon and add gen 4-6 pokemon in the game? Or are the models unable to be converted into their format?

I've been dreaming of the day that will be possible but I have no knowledge of models and animations. I know that some people have tried in the past but ended up giving up without much success. we'll just have to wait for someone to figure it out eventually. Considering that the model formats from battle revolution to X/Y/OR/AS have been reverse engineered I'm sure the necessary knowledge is out there .

This time last year there was no information on hacking these games at all. it's still a young field for now so let's wait and see what comes up in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you planning on releasing a randomizer / pre-randomized patches for xD? Would be interesting, especially with randomized Shadow moves. I've been hoping for a randomizer for Colosseum for quite a while now, thank you so much for doing the research necessary to figure it out!

Are you planning on releasing a randomizer / pre-randomized patches for xD? Would be interesting, especially with randomized Shadow moves. I've been hoping for a randomizer for Colosseum for quite a while now, thank you so much for doing the research necessary to figure it out!

Well I'm working on a pretty big xD project which I think will be really fun for xD fans like myself and although I can use the exactly same randomiser code that I used on colosseum for xD, I want to wait until I release the modded version first.

Basically, yes I will but not quite yet. It will just be a little longer.

Thank you for the kind words btw :)

I posted on one of your first threads several months back about my interest in learning to mod xD, but unfortunately my summer schedule ended up being busier than I originally anticipated.

Really excited for your xD hack! Thanks for all the work you've put into this new area.

Just got Mausoleum all set up. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Okay it sounds like you missed a step out. Once you extract Common.fsys and Start.Dol you need to use a patching program like "NUPS" to apply the patches to common.fsys and start.dol. Once they have been patched you import common.fsys and start.dol back into the iso. You don't import the patch files themselves.

• 4 months later...

Hi, I followed the directions as given and everything but, unfortunately, Dolphin stops working after about 15-20 minutes. I'm not sure what the problem is. I used Tsukuyomi as the patcher and GC Rebuilder to add the patched files to a fresh ISO of Colosseum...I read before that DSPLLE on Separate Thread should be checked, but it doesn't change anything whether it is checked or not. Are there certain settings that I have wrong? I didn't change anything else within the settings except bouncing between DSP HLE emulation (fast) and DSP LLE recompiler...neither helped. If my hardware matters...I'm running an AMD FX 9590 with 16GB of RAM and an R9 290...which will be switched with an R9 390x Wednesday (so if it is relevant to the graphics...a solution for both would be great)...I'm a Pokefreak............not someone that normally deals with patches though =^._.^=

Sorry but I'm not sure I can be of much help. Make sure you're using the latest version of dolphin and you should be able to find the best settings for colosseum. It's weird that it works for a bit first. Is there a certain point that it freezes at?

Sorry but I'm not sure I can be of much help. Make sure you're using the latest version of dolphin and you should be able to find the best settings for colosseum. It's weird that it works for a bit first. Is there a certain point that it freezes at?

It's always right after a battle finishes. It's never frozen when I'm just walking around. If I'm just walking around I can play for hours if I wanted to...but that accomplishes nothing lol I'm using Dolphin 4.0.2 as well. I contemplated on rolling it back to v3.0 and seeing if that helped at all, but since I can't find anything online similar to what I'm experiencing...I just assume I've done something wrong ^-^' sitting here wishing SleepyJirachi had put up a "How to" video on it lol

It's always right after a battle finishes. It's never frozen when I'm just walking around. If I'm just walking around I can play for hours if I wanted to...but that accomplishes nothing lol I'm using Dolphin 4.0.2 as well. I contemplated on rolling it back to v3.0 and seeing if that helped at all, but since I can't find anything online similar to what I'm experiencing...I just assume I've done something wrong ^-^' sitting here wishing SleepyJirachi had put up a "How to" video on it lol

That's a weird problem. It could be a graphical issue with the transition between the battle and the field. I'm not sure what else you could do but you should try playing around with all of the settings. Try making everything as safe as possible and see if it works.

Edited by StarsMmd

That's a weird problem. It could be a graphical issue with yhe transitiom between the battle and the field. I'm not sure what else you could do but you should try playing around with all of the settings. Try making everything as safe as possible and see if it works.

Actually I have it all working now. I downloaded Dolphin v3.5 and it's working perfectly now :) hasn't crashed once :D