Pokémon Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire v2.2 (New Luma3DS 7.0+ Drag and Drop supported!)

Dio_Vento

EJhXmSO.png6xkhvab.png

Romhack of: Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (3DS)

Pokémon Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire are romhacks of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Their main purpose is to provide a more challenging game experience while not artificially limiting the player. The premier feature of Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire is the ground-up redesign of Pokémon Trainers in the world to increase the game's challenge. Every trainer in the game has been edited, and the level curve expects use of the Experience Share, which means that you level up very quickly. You should be hitting Level 100 by the time you get to the Elite Four.

(As discussed, link removed as it directs to page that host files from ROMs. Please upload files accepted by the forum, thanks :D)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If I understand this right, I could breed and train in these games, move to the retail carts, go online in those and they'd be perfectly legal? The faster breeding is more appealing as I'm making a living dex, and eventually the whole living dex will occupy Pokemon Bank, so legality is important. What their original game info be though? RR would be OR, SS would be AS, right? Breezing through, didn't see anything about legendaries. They still follow the 3IV minimum? Post-game, fast training can only happen through trainer rematches? Are those regular? In the retail carts, I train via Blissey trainers in secret bases, which that itself is fast. Anyways, great stuff, would love to try it out.

If I understand this right, I could breed and train in these games, move to the retail carts, go online in those and they'd be perfectly legal? The faster breeding is more appealing as I'm making a living dex, and eventually the whole living dex will occupy Pokemon Bank, so legality is important. What their original game info be though? RR would be OR, SS would be AS, right? Breezing through, didn't see anything about legendaries. They still follow the 3IV minimum? Post-game, fast training can only happen through trainer rematches? Are those regular? In the retail carts, I train via Blissey trainers in secret bases, which that itself is fast. Anyways, great stuff, would love to try it out.

Yes, they would appear legit as from OR/AS. Legendaries are untouched from the default, they still get 3 guaranteed IVs. Post-game fast training can happen through QR/StreetPass Blissey Bases as well as the Mauville Food Court (Doubles and Triples there are now Lv100 Blisseys). Trainer rematches are not "regular", they're modified the same as other trainers.

Nice to see another Gen 6 hack :eek:

I have to ask, were you able to sort out the bug with PK3DS in which the gender icons don't display in game?

Yes, that was fixed in PK3DS quite a few versions ago. Had to manually re-insert them but wasn't too much of a pain.

Yes, that was fixed in PK3DS quite a few versions ago. Had to manually re-insert them but wasn't too much of a pain.

Ahh I see. I reinserted them myself and it's now loading for all places gender should display (status screen etc) but they still don't show in battles?

Wow this hack really looks interesting!

I got just some questions:

1) Does the edited Wild Pokemon work so we can catch all of the 720 Pokemon currently available as of 6th Gen?

Sort of like a Emu Edition to avoid having to trade for the ones not available in one of the two versions.

2) Let's say I want some of the features but not all of them. i.e. if I only want the Wild Pokemon and Evolutions edit, which files should I replace?

I know 0/1/2 is for wild encounters in Pokemon X/Y but I'm not sure about Pokemon ORAS, same for the Evolution edit.

I would really appreciate it if you could tell me the files for those two, since I want to be able to run a Vanilla playthrough of the game with only hacked wild pokemon and evolutions to be able to catch whatever Pokemon I want in the wild and evolve them without resorting to trading.

Thanks in advance!

PS: Does the Evolutions mod change Mega Evolutions (and also add the Hoopa item too)?

Edited by ShadowOne333

Hey, I am trying to create the final 'Star sapphire' 3DS rom. But when I open the 'star sapphire patcher.bat' I get an 'rsf error' with this message: 'failed to open Sapphire.rsf'. How can I fix this?.

Try using this version of the decrypt/repack .ZIP file, it should have a proper Sapphire.rsf included.

I also went ahead and put the necessary RSF files in the distribution ZIPs.

Edited by Dio_Vento

How did you make it so that all pokemon obtained are legit? If I found a usually unobtainable pokemon in a route, how would it be legal despite the fact that it was caught from a route they don't exist in?

All the "usually unobtainable" pokemon in each route are obtainable through the DexNav after beating the Elite Four. Each Pokemon data file doesn't specify if it was caught with the DexNav, so a Level 5 Zorua from Route 101 through DexNav in Alpha Sapphire after beating the E4 is identical to a wild Level 5 Zorua from Star Sapphire obtained before the first gym.