Would anyone be interested in event "recreations"?

ArtemiSerebii

Just wondering if anyone would want PKM-recreated versions of some exclusive event Pokemon from Gen I and Gen II? I've already made the Pay Day Fearow and Pay Day Rapidash from here and I have the QR codes saved:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Japanese_event_Pok%C3%A9mon_distributions_in_Generation_I

but I'm NOT gonna' start on the Gotta' Catch 'Em All! Gen II versions here:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Gotta_Catch_%27Em_All_event_Pok%C3%A9mon

unless I am CERTAIN there's interest, since there are 128 of them so yeah...

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have also recreated the Extreme Speed Dratini from Crystal (Hidden Ability to start, but if anyone wants Abilities 1 and/or 2, let me know), and I'm tinkering with some Odd Eggs from Crystal as well.

I've made the original Dizzy Punch babies (Cleffa, Igglybuff, Pichu, Elekid, Magby, Tyrogue, Smoochum) and I'm deciding what moves to put on Happiny, Riolu and Mime Jr. with Dizzy Punch, just for fun. I don't know whether to make Azurill, Bonsly, Budew, Chingling, Togepi or Wynaut as Odd Eggs with Dizzy Punch to complete the set, but I'm doubting it--I would like a second opinion on those.

One other question: IF I can batch-edit files in PKHeX, should I add the "As Egg" to the Met check window for everything but the shiny starters and Legendaries, since they were all given as eggs originally?

Also, the Shiny fully-evolved starters have one of 4 potential OTs, PCNYa/b/c/d, but I left them just as PCNY, would that be "accurate" enough, or should I literally save them 4X each, one with each OT?

• 2 weeks later...

Generation II PCNY Recreations.rar

Okay so I'm done with all of them--yes ALL of them, although I am missing the data for the Pokemon 4Ever Suicune distribution, so that's blank for now. If anyone has more info on it, that would be great! I have included in the files base templates for regular and Shiny versions (if applicable) both genders (if applicable) and one version of each Ability, 1, 2 and Hidden, if applicable. Others can feel free to edit those .pk6 files as they see fit (change Natures, IVs/EVs, etc.). These are as close to the actual event distributions as possible, up to and including date of acquisition, Poke Ball, etc.

Generation II PCNY Recreations.rar

• 8 months later...

I only think this is a good idea if they're 99% legitimate. All of this is (hopefully) supported by the idea of using unique event moves competitively, so the Pokemon should only be outwardly legitimate. If it's anything more than that (especially the shininess, that's an overall bad idea) then it's just going to add to the tidal wave of hacked events independent collectors and researchers have to sift though. A quick suggestion would be changing the fateful encounter check to be something that doesn't match the actual event.

• 2 months later...

[ATTACH]13668[/ATTACH]

wuulee, yes and here they are! See attachment!

Any information in [bRACKETS] is EXCLUSIVE to the "recreated" .pk6 file, such as Ability, Nature, OT, Pokeball, Location and Date Acquired. The "Met" tab in PKHeX does not go back as far as the original distribution dates or Gen I games, ergo, I have given these the Origin Game as Sapphire, the dates as 9/1/2000, the Met Location as Event Site and the Ball as Cherish Ball. That should be the primary differences between the "original" .pkm files from Gen I and these "recreated" versions. Any or all of that can be altered in PKHeX (or another Gen VI save editor) since you all are getting the .pk6 files directly. With all this in mind, enjoy! these!

More Info.:

Pokemon: Fearow/オニドリル

Level: 40(?)

OT: Unknown

ID: Unknown

Ability: N/A

Nature: N/A

Moves:

Move 1 Growl

Move 2 Leer

Move 3 Fury Attack

Move 4 Pay Day

Item: Berry* (If traded forward to Gen II)

Pokeball: N/A

Ribbon: N/A

Dates: August 1998

Game Distribution: JP R/G/B

Distribution Type: Unknown (Mail-in? Contest?)

Distribution Location: Japan

Sources: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...ation_I#Fearow

Pokemon: Rapidash/ギャロップ

Level: 40

Moves:

Move 1 Ember

Move 2 Fire Spin

Move 3 Stomp

Move 4 Pay Day

Item: Silver Leaf* (If traded forward to Gen II)

Sources: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...ion_I#Rapidash

Pokemon: Rapidash/ギャロップ

Level: 40

Moves:

Move 1 Ember

Move 2 Fire Spin

Move 3 Stomp

Move 4 Pay Day

Item: Silver Leaf* (If traded forward to Gen II)

Sources: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...ion_I#Rapidash

Pokemon: Magikarp/コイキング

Level: 5

OT: Unknown [GIVEN AS 玉虫 IN .PK6 FILE]

Ability: N/A [GIVEN SWIFT SWIM IN .PK6 FILE]

Nature: N/A [GIVEN GENTLE IN .PK6 FILE]

Moves:

Move 1 Dragon Rage

Item: Berry* (If traded forward to Gen II) [GIVEN GYARADOSITE IN .PK6 FILE]

Pokeball: N/A [CHERISH BALL IN .PK6 FILE]

Dates: July 1998

Distribution Type: "'Tamamushi University Hyper Test' campaign in magazines published by Shogakukan"

Sources: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...ion_I#University_Magikarp

Those are the three main "oddball" ones, the rest from Gen I are either Pikachu or Mew and the .pk6 files for those are available accordingly by location, date and in the case of Pikachu, special move.

I am re/posting the Gen II Celebis, Odd Egg baby Pokemon, Crystal recreated Extreme Speed Dratini and Stadium 2 Farfetch'd and Gligar prizes since it appears there is interest. Like I said, *I* took the time and effort to create these .pk6 files in their original format as close to the original event formats and information as possible, but I am including them here for your enjoyment and edification. You are welcome once you get these files to edit them as you see fit with regards to Natures, stats, etc. As a quick sidenote, the Tri Attack Psyduck is buggered up in the above attached file, some of the files have the previous Petal Dance instead since i dun goofed there briefly. I have corrected it and so they will be correct once I repost them.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, just here to post that I am very interested in these, as long as they can be legit as possible. :)

Also, did you do any testing around with the actual events some people have compiled in Gen I/II save files on this site and "converting" them via a program?

• 4 years later...
9 hours ago, pharohzeke said:

where is the Gen 1 attachment? 

As far as I can tell, the formatting and attachment changed and went missing after our forums got hacked and we had to shift to a different provider.

At the point, this user hasn't been online since Sep 2020. Anyhow, if the user does come online, this ping (@ArtemiSerebii) should be enough to notify them. No need to drop a message on their profile or PM them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

@HolyGhore you're either doing it on the wrong save (a VC save), and/or you made it incorrectly.

It's legal on a retail/emu save.
image.png

edit: and in case you were going to mention this, I'm saying this before you mention this.
Any Stadium/retail event mons are not legal on saves for Virtual Console Gen 1/2.

edit yet again:
As it looks like the OP hasn't logged in in a fair while, and nobody else took over the task of "recreations", I'll just lock this thread up for the time being.