Project Overworld.

DanteKoriyu

I've always wanted a uniform Pokemon World uniting all the generations, but that will never happen within the games. The closest thing I can do bring together all the sprites from the Pokemon world into one style. Battle sprites would take for ever, so overworlds are the next best thing.

The only complete region right now is Sinnoh (though a few extra characters from outside the games are being made once I find pictures), and though you won't find all the actual sprites that were extracted from DPPt, you will find all the characters. Certain people, like the Psychics for example, had the same sprite for both genders. I removed the hermaphroditic sprite and modified it into the two split genders.

Included characters:

• Kanto (Gen 3 and 4)
  • Johto
  • Hoenn
  • Sinnoh
  • Orre (Both games, one template)
  • Fiore
  • Almia
  • Pokemon Island (Pokemon Snap locations)
  • All Regional Pokemon

Version 1

indaprocess.png

Version 2

indaprocess.png

Version 3

indaprocess.png

Disclaimer: Some of the Hoenn sprites were originally made by a member of Deviant Art named Kymotoniam who has allowed free use of them. All of said Hoenn sprites have been remade by me though, as Kymotoniam only uses a Pseudo-DPPtHGSS overworld style on the sprites, shrinking some of them to a set of 4-5 uniform body styles and lacking the appropriate colored outlines instead of shades of black.

Edited by DanteKoriyu

Just so I know I have this right, the intention is to edit trainers from games other than HGSS/DDPt to have the style used in those games?

Correct.

Sinnoh is practically 100%

Hoenn is about 25%

Johto will likely be at around 75% once ripped.

Kanto is unknown, depends if they use Johto trainers around around Kanto. -.-

Fiore is 0%

Almia is 2%

Orre is 0%

Okami, I'd really like that too, especially is it were a good one. =P As of right now though, there are no plans to make all the directions for these trainers. I really just want to get the fronts out of the way. Once I get the design down for all of them, then I might do the other 2 directions.

Poryhack, that would be great.

I do have a huge section of Almia and Fiore sprites from the Spriter's Resource database, but I have no idea if that is ALL the sprites for the characters. I know the Almia game section is missing some of the important Rangers, so it makes me question if its really a complete collection for both regions.

So if you could just grab all the people sprites you can, pallet swaps too, that would be awesome. But feel free to take your time, I'm in no hurry with them. I already started Hoenn, and HGSS will be out soon and I'll have to organize all of those sprites and edit the hermaphroditic sprites as well as any that aren't character specific (like how Ace/Cool Trainer sprites were used for the Ranger trainers in DPPt). Plus once I find out what they did with the Kanto section of characters, I have all those to do too. =P So absolutely no rush.

I'll be tied up with HGSS as soon as they hit too, but for different reasons I assume. I of course will be playing it, but I will also be wasting time organizing the stuff the researchers like you are extracting from the game...and then fixing everything that doesn't suit my taste. lol

Organizing what kind of stuff?

Also I looked at the ROMs very quickly and can say a couple things. Fiore I probably won't get anything out of because they use some nonstandard formats that tahaxan couldn't make any sense of. Curiously though Almia IS pretty standard and I was able to decompress some stuff and see a bunch a sprites in a folder labeled "NPC"; I'll have to look in other folders though too.

To my knowledge ( I never played the first one, couldn't get into it), Fiore Doesn't have a lot of their own special characters. There maybe 20 or so detailed characters and the rest are just basic NPCs with multiple pallets. Fiore also has a ton of sprites of characters from other games that I won't need to make too, like Red, Misty, Brock, Sapphire, Steven, etc. So not being able to get Fiore isn't THAT big of a deal. The Spriter's Resource may have all of the sprites from that game.

Almia on the other hand I know is a different story, as TSR was missing like 3 of the big name Rangers from later in the game, and if they missed main characters, then there's no telling what else they skipped...or to be more precise, "that the uploaders were too lazy to get". =P

As for HGSS, I'll be organizing some of the information for later use, like taking notes on basic story changes, people, places etc. I'll also have to organize the billions of sprites that will be extracted: the players, NPCs, Pokemon, battle sprites, items, etc. to check for changes and new things entirely.

493 Pokemon x 4 battle frames (normal and shiny) + 493 overworld sprites x 9 frames(? and possibly shiny versions as well?) = a ton of crap. Thats not even the alternate forms, NPCs, the items and junk. With my OCD, There went the rest of my year. =P

Triple post... version 3. Kanto, Johto, and Sinnoh are almost completely done, Hoenn is next to be finished, then I start eh more problematic regions.

I also admit to some of them being shoddy work, but they were starting to tick me off. Its a pain to guess details from the GBA overworlds and occasional trainer sprites.