Project for Inter-Game Trading

theSLAYER

I don't know if this is in the correct place,

But I thought that it would be cool to create a program (to be worked on pc)

Which promotes trading between two game (and game saves of course)

This is because using PPSE or Pokesav to shift an event pokemon from one sav to another isn't enough as because if it ain't done by trading, the event flag won't be triggered

(such as directly moving the Eigakan Arceus won't trigger Hiker event in platinum; Another example is TRU Regigigasu directly implanted won't trigger REGIs trio cave)

Not everyone has two DS, and without the WiFi protocol behind hacked,

Trading is hard (especially if it has a Classic ribbon, so can't use GTS)

If such a program is too tedious and time consuming,

At the very least some kind of plugin to allow trading between emulators

(like give the game a false "wireless network" or something)

So I'm wondering anyone who is good with programming and stuff to be kind enough to pick up this project? :D

Well first of all, trading doesn't set any "flag" for the in-game events you are referring to. The only thing that sets those off is if you have the correct PKM in your party and it has the Fateful Encounter flag set on it.

Second of all, I'm pretty sure this topic belongs in Save R&D, not Misc. :P

The data structure of the Pokédex and Pokétch Pokémon History apps have been laid out; to make a program that can perform legal trades between two games, we have yet to discover the structure of the Journal (which I believe will record trades), and there may be other things I am not thinking of just now. Otherwise... it should be possible.

Even better would be if we wrote an app that can directly connect between two computers over the internet to perform trades between save files on each machine.

Well first of all, trading doesn't set any "flag" for the in-game events you are referring to. The only thing that sets those off is if you have the correct PKM in your party and it has the Fateful Encounter flag set on it.

Second of all, I'm pretty sure this topic belongs in Save R&D, not Misc. :P

The data structure of the Pokédex and Pokétch Pokémon History apps have been laid out; to make a program that can perform legal trades between two games, we have yet to discover the structure of the Journal (which I believe will record trades), and there may be other things I am not thinking of just now. Otherwise... it should be possible.

Even better would be if we wrote an app that can directly connect between two computers over the internet to perform trades between save files on each machine.

If we could hack the journal to allow us to record trades, a neat idea would be to set up a server (GTS-like); and allow users to upload a Pokémon for trade (and request another in return; of course). If we had the server space, your Pokemon DS Library would come in useful here!!

Actually, I do know the basic structure and location of the Journal. It's some of the details that I don't have fully worked out yet. :)

Like for example, how it records the day's starting position.

What other secrets are you keeping from us!?!?!?

I've only a few questions:

1) Is it encrypted (or, does it have a checksum? My guess is yes)

2) Can you edit any logs at the moment?

What other secrets are you keeping from us!?!?!?

Let's see....

Hall of Fame

The basics of Battle Video structure

How the Touch Screen Poketch App stores it's picture

Uh...I think that's about it.

I've only a few questions:

1) Is it encrypted (or, does it have a checksum? My guess is yes)

2) Can you edit any logs at the moment?

1) No, on both accounts.

2) As I said, I know the basic structure, so I could edit it. The problem is that I don't know exactly what values represent what..

Except for trades, each line in the Journal is a 4 byte value. For something like "Used PC Box", that value is 03 00 00 00. For something more complicated like "Flew to X City", the first byte is again the identifier, and the others clarify where exactly you flew.

this would be so awsome

but could it have the ability to trade to ds? like between computer and ds.

That would require us to imitate the DS (which is something I really don't want to try to do, but it is being discussed by other members in Miscellaneous Research & Development).

Hall of Fame

The basics of Battle Video structure

How the Touch Screen Poketch App stores it's picture

I look forward to seeing the results of this research (especially battle videos!!!)

1) No, on both accounts.

2) As I said, I know the basic structure, so I could edit it. The problem is that I don't know exactly what values represent what..

Except for trades, each line in the Journal is a 4 byte value. For something like "Used PC Box", that value is 03 00 00 00. For something more complicated like "Flew to X City", the first byte is again the identifier, and the others clarify where exactly you flew.

Cool!!! But what do you mean about "Except for trades"? I'm guessing they follow a different pattern?

• 2 months later...

It does for the Arceus event in Platinum.

And for proof, I traded back my TRU Arceus to my Platinum save file after restarting.

I didn't even have the Arceus in my party, and the hiker was in Oreburgh Mine.

Edited by Guest