Replacing Sprites on Shoddy Battle

Replacing the Actual Sprites

Credit to Eternal from TeamUber for this trick. Here is the method on how to replace your DP sprites with Platinum sprites.

Ok, here I will show you how to change all your DP Sprites that you see on ShoddyBattle to Platinum/HGSS sprites.

Click here to download Platinum sprites from Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?z0rze0fqzzn

Click here to download HGSS sprites from Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zmz2adjfztt

After downloading this file, unzip it. Then you will need to extract all the files to the folder instructed:

Follow these steps to get on the correct folder:

Windows Vista Users:

C: --> Users --> [Your Name Folder] --> App Data --> Local --> Shoddy Battle --> Shoddy Battle --> 1.0

Windows XP Users:

C: --> Documents and Settings --> [Your Name Folder] -->Local Settings -->Application Data --> Shoddy Battle --> 1.0

Mac Users:

Users ---> YourName ---> .shoddybattle

Linux Users:

Home ---> YourName ---> .shoddybattle

If you do not see "Local" folder, then follow these instructions:

Windows 2000 and XP: Open "Folder Options" from the Windows Control Panel (or from the Windows Explorer or My Computer "Tools" menu). In Folder Options, click the "View" tab and, under "Hidden files and folders", select "Show hidden files and folders".

Windows Vista: From the Windows Start menu, click "Control Panel → Appearance and Personalization → Folder Options" (or type "Folder Options" in the Start Search box and a shortcut to "Folder Options" will appear). In the "Folder Options" window, click the "View" tab. Under "Hidden files and folders", select "Show hidden files and folders".

After that, you should be able to view "Local" folder.

Open that folder. You will see the folder: backnormal, backshiny, frontnormal, and frontshiny.

Replace them all with the new sprites.

*Credits to Numbuh214 for all the sprites.

You can basically replace your Pokemon with ANYTHING... even pictures of SPAM or whatever your heart desires using this method.

Preview:

id6c75.pngofxzza.png

Sprite Recolor Requests:

Also, many people are quite not liking shiny sprites... like shiny Mismagius or shiny Nidoqueen. I've edited them and recolored them. Tell me what you think about them (see attachments).

Also feel free to use them... and no crediting required (aside from Gamefreak who actually made the sprites). Anyone can recolor them and do whatever they want with it really... so yeah.

[shinysprite]031[/shinysprite]

Nidoqueen recolor reasoning: Male Nidorans have blue shinies, complementing their female counterparts, who are blue. Female Nidorans therefore should have purple shinies complementing their male counterparts, right? It seems to go that way... until we hit brown Nidoqueen. Ewww!

[shinysprite]200[/shinysprite]

Misdreavus recolor reasoning: A golden ghost? The coloring is quite icky!

[shinysprite]429[/shinysprite]

Mismagius recolor reasoning: See above.

[shinysprite]149[/shinysprite]

Dragonite recolor reasoning:

Okami: And finally, I agree with shiny Dragonite looking disgusting and horrible.

Wraith89: Wow. What strong hate to shiny Dragonite. What did he ever do to you?

Okami: Besides his color reminding me of dog vomit, not much, really.

^ meanie :mad:

Anyhow, yeah, it isn't exactly the best of the recolors... so I made it pink because everyone else told me to >.>

One problem... doesn't it look like:

[sprite]207[/sprite] [sprite]169[/sprite] [shinysprite]142[/shinysprite]

Source:

1. http://teamuber.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5538

2. http://teamuber.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6257

3. http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61613

fnidoqueen.png

fmisdreavus.png

fmismagius.png

fmisdreavus1.png

fmismagius1.png

fnidoqueen1.png

dragoniteback.png

fdragonite.png

fnidoqueen.png.4b2f4e745d5056daf8ec45257

fmisdreavus.png.ec8b53354635405137cec40a

fmismagius.png.265b6fe4a2f9937a438203339

fmisdreavus1.png.f4eb60b4c5d9ae26bcb39ed

fmismagius1.png.ad29089d79866d1409e5a287

fnidoqueen1.png.ea36bddc9fdff72704a24c43

dragoniteback.png.d41a4a373cc653a7ca7f0c

fdragonite.png.d59d19d31c57fe3cae15f226a

Edited by wraith89

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who actually likes a good number of the DP sprites more than the PT ones? The PT ones do seem a tiny bit crisper, but some of them have ridiculously dumb looking poses.

Anyway, thanks for guide! This will be nice to know if I ever decide to mess with it.

Am I the only one who actually likes a good number of the DP sprites more than the PT ones? The PT ones do seem a tiny bit crisper, but some of them have ridiculously dumb looking poses.

Anyway, thanks for guide! This will be nice to know if I ever decide to mess with it.

Yeah, I do agree for some, but some others like Vaporeon or Lucario, I like their Platinum sprites better. You know you can be selective on which sprites to replace and not to replace, right?

New Sprites:

The Metagross family recolor reasoning:

It was a request from a member Goldgross, who wanted a... Golden Metagross :D

I prefer the originals actually... but here it is for people who wants to use it.

beldum.png

beldumback.png

metang.png

metangback.png

goldgross.png

goldgrossback.png

beldum.png.31b43e24ee022ec38acbf9ea96b20

beldumback.png.d7f2a1f17fc90aa567699a135

metang.png.e47d8cb12575f9f35d77387e5135d

metangback.png.9b56a61a64814178ae4597f00

goldgross.png.45138e517fbfbb5d79bb5989e7

goldgrossback.png.fb6f7919397fc1ea06c2d7

Edited by wraith89

Yeah, I do agree for some, but some others like Vaporeon or Lucario, I like their Platinum sprites better. You know you can be selective on which sprites to replace and not to replace, right?

As soon as I read that it was simply a nest of directories I knew.

More sprite recolors for people who find it tasteful...

[shinysprite]261[/shinysprite] [shinysprite]262[/shinysprite]

Poochyena line recolor reasoning:

Okay... I'm perfectly fine with its shiny form though. It's okay. I made it out of request for someone who DIDN'T find it proper.

Okami: @#$*@!^ Gamefreak messed up my Mightyena!! Look at its @#$*@!^ shiny! It's all @#$*@!^ happy! How the @#$* am I gonna get something to match my emo personality? It's all @#$*@!^ happy and jolly with its golden @#$*@!^ color!

. . . okay, she DIDN'T say that, but I'll bet that's how she feels. She once told me about her unhappiness with the shiny Mightyena, so I made an albino one. It's not so great though... >.>

fpoochyena.png

fpoochyenaback.png

fmightyena.png

fmightyenaback.png

fpoochyena.png.70ce5278a71f88f5d1f0d6161

fpoochyenaback.png.972c42586f76e49eb1776

fmightyena.png.45d04d682beed91116dafeb3b

fmightyenaback.png.9c33db7e813a0b96a07e3

Edited by wraith89

Ok here is a request from Memjee... for a differently colored Heracross. I love both purple and blue Heracross though... but I think he'd love this Golden Fighting Beetle!

Bonus: added a golden Scizor too...

fheracross.png

fheracross2.png

mheracross.png

mheracross2.png

fscizor.png

fgoldenscizorback.png

mscizor.png

mgoldenscizorback.png

fheracross.png.75171e6ff76690dfc90703677

fheracross2.png.dab4fbba5b7505cadb59c0f0

mheracross.png.f4a69f8b98c1de0e026fab22b