PokeGen and DeSmuMe Saves (.dsv)

evandixon

Lately there have been several threads asking for help editing a DeSmuMe save file (.dsv). Because of a recent update in the emulator, PokeGen cannot properly edit those saves directly.

The simplest solution is to use File -> Export Backup Memory to get a save PokeGen can edit and File -> Import Backup Memory to play your edited save.

Please make sure you try the above before asking for help if you're having troubles.

• 2 months later...

i mostly use drastic emulator to play black 2, and i edited the dsv file. but the problem is that drastic doesn't work with pokegen-ed dsv.... how can i fix that?

(mainly because that i finished the game in drastic, and i don't want to restart...)

• 2 months later...

What won't let you select dsv files? You don't need to mess with dsv files, just load your ROM and use File > Export Backup Memory, open that file in Pokegen, save, and in DeSmuMe again, use File > Import Backup Memory to load the edited save.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
What won't let you select dsv files? You don't need to mess with dsv files, just load your ROM and use File > Export Backup Memory, open that file in Pokegen, save, and in DeSmuMe again, use File > Import Backup Memory to load the edited save.

When I used the method above the files did not appear even though when I went back and looked in the battery they were there... This sucks because I need this to work to take full advantage of Bolt Black.

When I used the method above the files did not appear even though when I went back and looked in the battery they were there... This sucks because I need this to work to take full advantage of Bolt Black.

Are you saying that using File -> Import Backup Memory isn't loading the edited save?

• 2 months later...
Are you saying that using File -> Import Backup Memory isn't loading the edited save?

I'm having the same problem - the ROM resets when I attempt to import the .sav file edited by PokeGen, and the save file is just the one from the battery, unedited.

• 3 months later...

Why this pokegen editor does not permanently stack the stats I've edited? When you edited the save file and import it on desmume then play and load the edited sav file. When you deposit the edited pokemon on the PC it returns back to normal stats :(

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...