PPSE: Project Pokemon's Save Editor 0.05

Jiggy-Ninja

PPSE is, cross platform, open source software written in Qt C++, and is still very much in development. The release philosophy for PPSE will be to release things as soon as they are done and have everyone beta test.

For those interested in the source code, the project has a public SVN: http://svn.projectpokemon.org/ppse/. For those that wish to view the source without downloading it, the trac browser is more useful: http://ppse.projectpokemon.org/trac/browser

Features:

-Both Platinum and DP support

-Pokedex Editing

-Drag and Drop Pokemon organization.

Changelog:

0.00: Checksum Fixing for D/P and Pl. Save type determined automatically.

0.01: Pokedex Editing without most special cases (spinda included).

0.02: Pokedex Editing revamped by Jiggy-Ninja, unown order editing added (not fully functional).

0.03: Pokédex complete. Added all of the special forms dialogs into the UI. Added functionality to the sprite boxes as well, showing the proper default forms for each entry. Spinda's spots are drawn in the Individual tab according to the PID, but not drawn in the Formes tab.

0.04: (revision 95)

• One click complete Pokedex
  • Added new button to complete the gender forms area.
  • Pokemon organizing dialog inspired by Codemonkey's PKMN Box Mark II. It's awesome, really.
  • Spinda form editor in Pokedex improved.
  • You can now drag a save into the main PPSE window to load it if you don't want to use the load dialog.
  • Added support for loading saves using the command line. This means that if you associate .sav files with ppse.exe, double-clicking the save file will automatically open it in PPSE.

0.05: (Revision 100)

* Added some context menu options for the Pokemon Organizer.

* Added ARDS code output option to the Pokedex Editor and Pokemon Organizer.

Windows version

Mac version [intel Macs only, so far] (compiled by Balrog)

Linux version to be compiled.

Edited by Jiggy-Ninja

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I'll repost that here so people know.

Also, I need UI ideas for editing Pokemon! I'm thinking a tabbed dialog (like Codemonkey's Pokemon Viewer) or some other form of progressive disclosure is necessary, since dumping everything on one window like Pokesav does it is rather overwhelming. I need ideas for the best way to structure something like that though. Pictures, tree diagrams, or just random musings, anything's fine.

Also, I accidentally left the giant textbox I use to assist in debugging in the program.

It doesn't do anything, it's just rather large.

Whats No$GBA?

Edit: Wait dude. I dont run Gameboy Advance games. This is stricty platinum....

It's an emulator, but it can also run DS roms as well as GBA.

No$GBA is one of the more common culprits of not saving a full filesize, but it can be set to save as RAW, so I think that's why he assumed you were using it.

What ARE you using to run Platinum, then?

I have a DS and an R4. So I use the rudolph tool to create the sav. Then I use the web converter to make a acekard raw 512. and then raw to r4 to get it back on the DS.

FIrst time I put it back on the DS, my changes never show up. THen I just re-do the whole proccess and it usually works. And also, I get that PPSE invalid file error when I try to open it in the program.

When do you think the ARDS application would be installed to it?

And btw, since i've always used Pokesav but not PPSE, is there any guide to using PPSE because it seems like I can't load any SAV files. I've searched for the PPSE Guide through the search button, but it didn't come out with any results.

When do you think the ARDS application would be installed to it?

And btw, since i've always used Pokesav but not PPSE, is there any guide to using PPSE because it seems like I can't load any SAV files. I've searched for the PPSE Guide through the search button, but it didn't come out with any results.

Tomorrow. I got it done fast.

There is no guide yet, because no one has written one. Something may be wrong with your save, but if it's like the problem the other guy had, I'll think I'll change the validation code around a bit. Change some ANDs to ORs.

In game save twice? I think I kinda realized that, I do that already I think.

So. Is the sav file incomplete for platinum is I'm getting 256kb backups from my retail cart? If theres a way to solve that maybe I can get it to work in that PPSE thing cause I still keep getting that invalid file.

I'll make it as simple as I can. This is what I do when I don't get a save with the right file size with rudolph's tool.

1) Save Twice in a row in your retail game BEFORE ripping out the save with Rudolph's tool.

2) Rip the save with Rudolph's Tool.

3) Load up that Ripped save file with no$gba (make sure the .ini line that says save type has been changed from Uncompress to RAW)

4) Once the game is loaded save your game twice again and exit no$gba (this should fix the file size and other random stuff)

5) Use the 'new' save made by no$gba and load it up to PPSE

Well SCV and I worked on it and he basically said copy stuff in the hex editor over to complete the sav. His example file worked nice, but when I tried to do what he instructed it didn't work... Trying to figure out what went wrong.

I keep getting that invalid thing still. Im not down with No$GBA.