PPSE: Project Pokemon's Save Editor 0.04

SCV

Hi all. Today we reveal the first version release version of PPSE.

PPSE is, cross platform, open source software written in Qt C++, and is still very much in development. The release philosophy for PPSE will be to release things as soon as they are done and have everyone beta test. The project has a public SVN at http://svn.projectpokemon.org/ppse/

There is also a trac project page. Its not very customized, but the source browser can be useful for those who do not want to check it out using SVN: http://ppse.projectpokemon.org/trac/browser

Note: Always make backups and report bugs.

Linux Version:

QtLibs

PPSE

Windows Version:

QtLibs

PPSE

Mac Version:

Coming Soon

Features:

-Both Platinum and DP support

-Pokedex Editing (special cases except spinda are missing)

Changelog:

0.00: Checksum Fixing for D/P and Pl. Save type determined automatically.

0.01: Pokedex Editing without most special cases (spinda included).

0.02: Pokedex Editing revamped by Jiggy-Ninja, unown order editing added (not fully functional).

0.03: Pokédex complete. Added all of the special forms dialogs into the UI. Added functionality to the sprite boxes as well, showing the proper default forms for each entry. Spinda's spots are drawn in the Individual tab according to the PID, but not drawn in the Formes tab. (SVN updated)

Edited by fenzo666

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the benefits of an installer?

Not having to find a spot to put all of the files required, and not having to manually browse to it/manually create a shortcut. With installers, I just run it once, and it will be there, conviniently, until I un-install it.

I have a problem, when I click onto teh "Pokèdex" button, the program crushes. My OS is Windows Vista.

not only vista ...

when i open it using window XP ... while no savefile is loaded (don't know if it is loaded)

the program automatically close itself after i press pokedex button ^^

for vista , i've tried several ways ... by changing the compatibility to Windows2000/98/XP and still it won't work

i hope that SCV will fix this program ^^

I'll look into why it crashes. But for now you can't do anything without loading a save anyways.

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

Updated the program should no longer crash.

yeah .. it works

tested and works in XP ..

and also works in Vista if you change the program's compatibility to windows XP(SP2)

How can I change it? I generally load the .sav file and then click on the "Pokèdex" button, but unfortunately it doesn't work. Can you help me?

I'm pretty sure Qt doesn't support .Net Clickonce, since it's not a .Net application.

Also, totally didn't expect to see this on the forums after about a day away from Pokémon hacking. Nice!

Yeah, I don't know about the installer. Its possible to make one. But I expect people to be able to carry out basic computer tasks. Sure, if later we need more that about 10 files, it might be reasonable to have an installer.

Also, I thought we might as well release what's done. Also people can help us check if its actually done, of if we made an error. Then in the mean time we can work on something else.

Yeah, I don't know about the installer. Its possible to make one. But I expect people to be able to carry out basic computer tasks. Sure, if later we need more that about 10 files, it might be reasonable to have an installer.

Also, I thought we might as well release what's done. Also people can help us check if its actually done, of if we made an error. Then in the mean time we can work on something else.

Better yet, could you at least make the resorce files internal?

Better yet, could you at least make the resorce files internal?

Resource files are already internal. But the Qt Libs are not. Right now two icons and one text file with pokemon names are used as resources and included in the exe. We'll probably add all icons and sprites and they will be included in the exe.

We don't expect to need too many libs. Probably not any more than we have now.

How can I change it? I generally load the .sav file and then click on the "Pokèdex" button, but unfortunately it doesn't work. Can you help me?

right click the PPSE.exe .. choose 'properties'

try to search for compatibility option and tick that one ..

make sure that it is set to "windows XP" , otherwise it won't work

and click apply .. and click OK

.. and run the program ^^

right click the PPSE.exe .. choose 'properties'

try to search for compatibility option and tick that one ..

make sure that it is set to "windows XP" , otherwise it won't work

and click apply .. and click OK

.. and run the program ^^

Tried to but it's still not for working for me unfortunately :frown:

If i add some pokedex entries to my pokemon platinum save file with this program and then transfer this file to my retail original cartridge of pokemon platinum via NDS ADAPTOR (http://www.hkems.com/product/nintendo/NDS%20Adaptor.htm) it will leave trace or i can go to a tournament?

It only changes the dex entries and some other things that need to be changed, like checksums and save numbers. Every change is consistent with how the game does it, so there should be no problems.