Need definite answer: Legit AuroraTicket possible on a US Emerald?

I've been trying to get a definite answer to this for years, and I've never gotten one.

Was it ever possible to get a legit AuroraTicket on a US copy of Pokemon Emerald?

I definitely know the following is true:

- The AuroraTicket was distributed at Pokemon Rocks America 2004 for FR/LG, before Emerald was released. The MysticTicket was not distributed at this event.

- The MysticTicket was distributed at PRA 2005 for FR/LG/E. I have never gotten a definite answer as to whether or not the AuroraTicket was distributed as well. A lot of sources I have looked at, including old forum archives discussing the event, have conflicting info.

I need answers on the following:

- I know that European copies of Emerald could receive the AuroraTicket during a particular time period by sending their cartridge to Nintendo. Was this ever done in the US?

- Would it have been possible to send a US cartridge to Nintendo of Europe during this time period, and have them put the ticket there, or would there have been region locking issues, etc.?

- Was the AuroraTicket ever distributed at PRA 2005, or at other events in the US after Emerald was released?

I would appreciate any solid proof, such as pictures, video, etc. of whether or not an US Emerald AuroraTicket is legit or not.

PRA 2004 was the AuroraTicket. It was also distributed at the Pokemon Center New York.

PRA 2005 was the MysticTicket. It was also distributed at the Nintendo World Store (following a remodeling from the PCNY store).

AuroraTicket wasn't distributed in the US when Emerald was released.

The English copies of Pokemon Emerald are identical, so in theory, someone could have done that, if the European mail events dates match. I doubt Nintendo would have paid the bill to ship it to the US.

There's the answer I needed.

In theory, someone could have sent a US Emerald to a friend in the UK, who would then send it to Nintendo of Europe to get the AuroraTicket, who would then send it back to the friend in the UK, who would then send it back to the person in the US. It would cost a lot of money and would almost certainly not be worth it, but it makes an English-language origin Birth Island Deoxys with location "Hoenn" (in Gen IV and V games) legal.

Now that this has been resolved, here's two more related questions:

- Could the same have been done by sending a US Emerald to Japan to receive the Old Sea Map, or is there a language lock?

- I know that Nintendo of Europe would also put the Eon Ticket on Emerald, which is the only way to get an Eon Ticket on an English Emerald without mixing records with R/S. Did they also put the Old Sea Map on? (ridiculously unlikely but you never know)

There's the answer I needed.

In theory, someone could have sent a US Emerald to a friend in the UK, who would then send it to Nintendo of Europe to get the AuroraTicket, who would then send it back to the friend in the UK, who would then send it back to the person in the US. It would cost a lot of money and would almost certainly not be worth it, but it makes an English-language origin Birth Island Deoxys with location "Hoenn" (in Gen IV and V games) legal.

Now that this has been resolved, here's two more related questions:

- Could the same have been done by sending a US Emerald to Japan to receive the Old Sea Map, or is there a language lock?

- I know that Nintendo of Europe would also put the Eon Ticket on Emerald, which is the only way to get an Eon Ticket on an English Emerald without mixing records with R/S. Did they also put the Old Sea Map on? (ridiculously unlikely but you never know)

Old Sea Map: Almost sure there is a language lock because it would be just like any other 3rd Gen distribution device.

Eon Ticket was distributed for R/S only in Europe. In Belgium we had to send our games to a TV program magazine. It was long before Emerald and the event never happened again as far as i know.

RF/LG/E use the first WonderCards system and there is no WC for Eon Ticket as far as I know.

Mixing record is the only way.

About Aurora Ticket for Emerald, it doesn't mean it's legal. We don't know yet if European Aurora Ticket device works with Emerald.

I know someone who has the device, I'll ask.

Here is an explanation more simple: Someone in Europe bought US Emerald and got the event. If the device works with Emerald, it certainly happened.

I'm almost positive that there was some event (might have been only in the UK) that allowed players of any Gen III game to send their game to Nintendo and receive all the tickets (minus the Old Sea Map) on their game. This includes the Eon Ticket on R/S and E, the MysticTicket on FR/LG/E, and the AuroraTicket on FR/LG and E. This has been backed up by several searches through old forum archives, as well as Serebii.

I'm almost positive that there was some event (might have been only in the UK) that allowed players of any Gen III game to send their game to Nintendo and receive all the tickets (minus the Old Sea Map) on their game. This includes the Eon Ticket on R/S and E, the MysticTicket on FR/LG/E, and the AuroraTicket on FR/LG and E. This has been backed up by several searches through old forum archives, as well as Serebii.

Unfortunalty I think it's not true. For a few reasons.

-No European Mystic Ticket

-A 3rd Gen game can only have one WC at a time.

-It would mean Nintendo made a new distribution system for Eon Ticket (WonderCard) only for UK

Still possible if:

-Nintendo employe loads Aurora ticket in your game -> gets the item -> deletes the WC -> Loads mystic ticket

And mix records with R/S for you.

But well...

I wouldn't call something legal if it only happens in theory. Plus you'd need to check on the dates and conditions of the British distribution, to see when it happened, and if it coincides with any other event, making it illegal to have both on one game.

Old Sea Map was only distributed in Japan, and has a language lock.

• Like 1

Oh, I wasn't aware that Gen III games could only hold one WC at a time. This makes it significantly likely that the entire "sending cartridges to Nintendo of Europe" event is just an unfortunately false rumor that spread so much that almost everyone believed it to be true.

There's still one bit of hope though: I definitely know that Emerald was released in the UK in the middle of the AuroraTicket distribution for FR/LG. While it's quite unlikely, could a UK Emerald receive the AuroraTicket from a machine designed to distribute it to FR/LG? Probably not.

Also something to think about: The AuroraTicket doesn't seem to have been released for Japanese Emeralds either. This makes any instance of Birth Island on any Emerald cart illegal.

• 2 weeks later...

hello

I confirm its possible to have a Copy original of Aurora Ticket in US Emerald , and i have one in my cop GBA game original not hack!!! 100% legit

Who is possible?

I'am french

Pokemon Red fire : October 2004 France

Pokemon Emerald : 01 may 2005 ( i have order the us version ), french version 20 October 2005

Ditribution ticket aurore : 24 septembre 01 octobre 08 octobre 2005 . Toy rus France

I have test in my Pokemon emarald US its working !!!

Link video

Edited by gldsun
Links video added

I confirm, the distribution for Aurora ticket in Pokemon Leaf green, Red fire French working, with Pokemon emerald US game with the wireless adaptor.

And an other.

You can transfert Ticket eon of US game to French game ( or other ) i have make test.

Really? If it's true, that's very interesting.

Could someone else also test transferring the Eon Ticket from an English R/S to a French (or other non-English European language) Emerald? If it works, then that gives credibility to a French AuroraTicket distribution machine being able to send it to an English Emerald game.

(Note: All English Gen III games are 100% identical, regardless of whether it was sold in the US, UK, Australia, etc.)

I can only transfert Eon ticket of emerald english to a other langage. Because i use the E reader and E reader work only with english not with french. I use Eon ticket he send you 99 eon ticket on your game and you can transfer in other carthbridge .

Do you have a way to dump your save?

If not, I will gladly fund either the purchase of a DS flashcart (to dump the save), or two-way postage to send any applicable carts for me to dump.

(I am not a thief, I had my Emerald stolen years back, I know how terrible that feels. I also have my own Emerald and FireRed now, so I'm not missing out.)

I can also mix records with you to give you the Eon Ticket from my US e-Reader; I couldn't tell if you already had one.

PM me if you are interested in bringing legal Emerald Deoxys to the rest of the world!

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to mention I live in the United States, if that makes you uncomfortable, I understand completely, and I will still fund the flashcart.

Edited by Fishaman P

Gonna check this for legitness. This could be HUGE!

EDIT: Something about this is fishy.

Wonder Card..PNG

Deliveryman..PNG

Since his other 2 games were French, shouldn't the Wonder Card be in French?

Also, the Wonder Card says something about a "delivery person in green", but I can only see the blue guy. I've never actually used the Mystery Gift, so someone else will have to confirm this.

Finally, why are there two exclamation marks? I'm not ruling this as a phony, but I personally doubt the legitimacy.

As the save file is only 2 badges in, I didn't check whether the ticket is recognized at either harbor.

583dcf791c366_WonderCard..PNG.47147e1994

Deliveryman..PNG.8b18b672e4680bc3a116b09

Edited by Fishaman P
Pix

About the language, definitly no.

If the distribution device only distributes French WC, it would simply not allow you to download it on English game.

Now the question is: Did Nintendo make a different distribution device in each language for Europe or or was it the same device for everything.

About the green guy. Indeed it's 4th Gen, not 3rd. On that point i'm going to investigate.

Legit or not, the item will definitly work. What makes event item work is simply get it from mystery gift.

When item doesn't work, it's because it's from code putting it directly in inventory or in a shop. That rule is the same for any generation since Mystery Gift was launched.

Alright. At this point, I think we can safely say that the Aurora Ticket on a US Emerald can be legit, but there are very few in existence.

It's just a question of whether the Wonder Card on the uploaded save is legit. It's not typical of Nintendo to make colorblind mistakes...

Like i said, the color thing is the only point which need investigation to declare this WC legal.

There other points are definitly good.

Thanks XJ55 for the language issue.

Edit:

The text is good

Edited by Requiem