General Questions

Xensvet

New to the forums and I'm just wondering a few things about PokeGen. I just used it last night but I seem to have a few problems with it and I would like to clear some things up. I have PKMN White English and use a Action Replay DSi.

1) When I use the code generator and hit the button multiple times a different code generates each time, should I be concerned by this?

2) The boxes to symbolize the PC boxes and party boxes, how do I use those to their full effectiveness and which one is more recommended to use?

3) Does the party boxes overwrite PKMN already in those boxes in the game or does it just place them their?

4) If I select more than one PKMN to generate a code for, does it make a code for the all the selected PKMN?

5) When setting activation buttons, should I use a combination of them if activating multiple codes and never use solo (Ex: using just L if I have a combination of L+"something") button?

I've looked at Youtube videos for some ideas but its not the info I am looking for. Any help would be appreciated.

1) When I use the code generator and hit the button multiple times a different code generates each time, should I be concerned by this?

No. It's normal depending on the thing being generated.

2) The boxes to symbolize the PC boxes and party boxes, how do I use those to their full effectiveness and which one is more recommended to use?

I don't know what you mean. They all serve the same purpose. The party slots are obviously your party Pokemon, however.

3) Does the party boxes overwrite PKMN already in those boxes in the game or does it just place them their?

They aren't party "boxes", unless you're referring to the visual aspect in the program. Your question is basically asking the same thing twice, which I don't understand. Whatever Pokemon you see in those slots in PokeGen will be in your party when you save the save file. Or in the case of generating codes for party Pokemon, the codes will overwrite each specific slot.

4) If I select more than one PKMN to generate a code for, does it make a code for the all the selected PKMN?

Yes, but each code is separate.

5) When setting activation buttons, should I use a combination of them if activating multiple codes and never use solo (Ex: using just L if I have a combination of L+"something") button?

There's no reason to use more than one activator in most cases.

Sorry, yes, I ment "boxes" in the visual sense when using PokeGen.

In Response to question 2, I wasn't too clear on, for which I apologize. I want to clarify and extend: I know that depending on the slot the pokemon is in, it overwrites that slot in the Party. That being said, I notice the system has its own set of "PC Boxes". Do those boxes corispond to the in game PC boxes or is that PokeGens own set of boxes for storing pokemon?

If that is not the case, then I could either choose the PokeGen'd pokemon to be created in either the party or the PC Box of my choice? On that note, does creating a pokemon in the selected PC Box also erase the pokemon in there or can I choose an empty PC Box?

Hopefully this one makes more sense.

If these boxes weren't written to the save file, where exactly would PokeGen save these Pokemon? There's no random free space in the save file to put them. And why would I leave out the ability to edit the PC boxes? It just doesn't make sense for what you're questioning to even be questioned. Even more significantly, you could take maybe a whole 60 seconds and test this to get an answer yourself.

I'm having trouble generating AR codes from Pokemon Black/White Wonder Cards.

Using a real game cart and an ARDSi

I'm loading the file, and generating a code, but I can't get the code to activate. Obviously I'm missing a step here if other people have been able to do this. If you have, will you please help me figure out what I might be doing wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind. Got it working

Edited by phoenragon

Just wanted to make sure what the system was capable of doing before I used it.

There isn't really an instruction guide to download so I ask questions.

I wanted to double check some things from what I read/watched, I was just looking for some answers.

• 1 month later...
Just wanted to make sure what the system was capable of doing before I used it.

There isn't really an instruction guide to download so I ask questions.

I wanted to double check some things from what I read/watched, I was just looking for some answers.

I agree. There really isn't a "PokeGen for Dummies"-like guide on ProjectPokemon forums, or at least I haven't found one in an obvious place on this site, and I've been looking for a while. However, I did find a pretty awesome PokeGen guide on another site - http://www.pokemongts.com/showthread.php?tid=98215

So far it's pretty extensive and simple to understand but it's not complete. It's still missing a Mystery Gift section and a 4th Gen section which the user Wrath promisses to be available soon. If this guide was complete, it'd be the perfect PokeGen guide.

And, Xensvet, you don't have to feel bad about asking questions. It's what forums like these are for. And it wouldn't make sense for people to treat you like you're stupid for asking questions. It's not like you're wasting anyone's time because they're not obligated to help you. ;)

it wouldn't make sense for people to treat you like you're stupid for asking questions

There are absolutely such things as stupid questions, so yes, it does make sense. Nice try though.

It's not like you're wasting anyone's time because they're not obligated to help you.

Then why post? People are obviously expecting help when they do so. Someone has to spend that time to respond. If it's to a question you can easily answer yourself, that time is wasted.