Wild Pokemon Editor (Black & White) (v1.0.9.3 & 1.0.9.4[Compact])

Hi. As you can see, I'm quite an inactive member of this forum, so today I decided to share a program that I create myself. A Wild Pokemon Editor.

Currently, the editor is capable of editing Pokemon encountered in all the location in the game with the exception of White Forest (impossible to edit from the ROM/NARC).

Notes:

• As of version 1.0.4, this program/tool now support both NARC and ROM (.nds). This means, for those who does not has any experience with NitroExplorer can now edit the ROM directly.
  • I had not finished Pokemon Black, so I might made a mistake on encounters of some location. Please point out if you found any mistakes.
  • I'm a beginner in programming, so if got any bugs, please do point out.
  • I will also point out that this program was build using Visual Studio 2010 on Windows 7, so I have absolutely no idea if it works on older version of windows or not (95,98,2k,ME,XP,Vista). Please do test it and report here. Thanks.
  • Just a side note, it's always safer for everyone to save the changes on a new NARC (if you're using the NARC) or create a backup of the ROM (either by the program itself or you yourself). By doing that, you can always revert back to the original file if something went wrong.
  • Why "load from text file" capability in v1.0.9? Someone like me usually plan out the Pokemon encounters in a notepad, as I can copy-paste duplicated lines and plan slowly without having to mess up with the ROM from the beginning. But, when I want to use this tool to populate my planned encounters, it'll take few hours. Therefore, I add in this functionality. Also, I didn't put all the new stuff in the version with header, so I'll still keep the links for v1.0.7.
  • By the way, I'll put this note also: White Forest encounter is NOT supported as its data is actually in the save file instead of ROM.

Load-from-file text file format:

location_name
pokemon_1,min_level,max_level
pokemon_2,min_level,max_level
pokemon_56,min_level,max_level

The line "pokemon_1,min_level,max_level" need to be repeated for 56 times per location; 12 grass, 12 dark grass, 12 shaking grass, 5 surfing, 5 rare surfing spot, 5 fishing and 5 rare fishing spot.

These are the Pokemon that the alternate form is supported:

• Basculin
  • Deerling
  • Sawsbuck
  • Burmy
  • Wormadam
  • Castform
  • Cherrim
  • Shellos
  • Gastrodon
  • Deoxys
  • Rotom
  • Meloetta
  • Shaymin
  • Giratina
  • Darmanitan

Credits:

1. Drayano (I began my coding based on the information that he gave in here)
  2. Andibad (On the similar thread, I get the information on the different form of Pokemon from him)
  3. Kaphotics (I use the header data structure that he posted. Also on the same thread as above:smile:)

Update:

v1.0.1 : Forgot to remove Pichu Alt. form from the Pokemon list.

v1.0.2 : More small changes. Change the "Dark Grass" to "Double Grass", add in instruction on how to extract the NARC (the one that this program work with) using NitroExplorer2b (don't ask me for it. Google it yourself), etc.

v1.0.3 : Some more small changes. This time it's more on cosmetic changes (all these small changes are proving that I'm a total beginner in programming. Gonna learn a lesson from these)

v1.0.4 : Added rom (.nds) support as well as retaining the NARC support.

v1.0.4b: Well, the 'b' instead of v1.0.5 is because this update is an absolutely tiny update. Also, now I had tested the ROM and NARC support and had confirmed that it works (for me, at least)

v1.0.4c: The previous version cannot load Pokemon White. This version fix it.

v1.0.5 : Fix Bugs #2.

v1.0.6 : I'm very sure this one fix Bugs #2. Now support Japan, Korean, US, EUR, Italian, Spanish, etc version. Also added Striaton City to the location list.

v1.0.7 :I split the program into 2 version; with capability of messing up the header and without. For the header information, I don't know what it might affect, so if you just want to edit the wild encounter, get the regular version, as it totally will not display the header information and won't allow the user to edit them. Also added Route 10 (in the badge checking area), and Victory Road unknown room (I can't find it).

v1.0.9 :I added the ability to load the encounter data from a text file, added a huge map for Victory Road, and rename the Victory Road Missing Room to Trial Chamber (I never encounter anything in there during my play through, so need clarification). Also added the capability to save the encounter data from the ROM into a text file.

v1.0.9.3 :Fixed Ho-oh bug.

v1.0.9.4 :Make the tool smaller in size in order to make the tool usable by user with smaller laptop/netbook.

Bugs:

1. Found by Wyndamn: The size of NARC file changed after editing the file with the old version, followed by the new version of the tool. Status:Not fixed (unable to reproduce the same error). Link to the original post

2. Wild Pokemon Editor will not work for ROM that had been edited by KazoWar's Trainer Editor. Main reason is because the size of a/0/9/3 will change depend on number of Pokemon of the trainer, so the offset of the NARC will change accordingly. Will work on this problem. Fixed in version 1.0.7

3. Found by James816. Selecting Ho-oh will give the error of "Invalid Level". Fixed in version 1.0.9.3

Here's the files:

Mediafire link for v1.0.7 (With header)

Mediafire link for v1.0.7 (Regular)

Latest (v1.0.9.3):

Mediafire link for v1.0.9.3

Megaupload link for v1.0.9.3

Compact version (smaller size & smaller Victory Road map window)

Mediafire link for v1.0.9.4

Megaupload link for v1.0.9.4

Also, since this program was built on Visual Studio 2010, I think it'll need .NET Framework 4.0 Client Profile to work.

Download here : Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (Standalone Installer)

Edited by neltazero
Update

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well done... my sex is male. ... , yeah you program is working :D

hm for pichu spiky ears is working? in my test is no change form ...

in my test:

- is working on pokemon white (J/K/U/E) (i have clean ROM for pokemon BW japan, korean, US, Eruope)

- is working on pokemon black (J/K/U/E)

yeah great tools :D

but in land encounter on double wild pokemon is not on dark grass... but in tall grass... and ect... maybe if you added feature for can edit header data (number value) is maybe usefull ...

Pichu (spiky ear) is not working and will give the normal Pichu. I forgot to remove the name from the Pokemon list. As for header, I might not add it (for now) as I had suddenly being assigned a LOT of works from my boss, so probably won't have much time left to work on it. Thanks for compliments and please do give feedbacks/reports on bugs as it will greatly boost the program's reliability as well as my own capability as programmer.

As for dark grass, I'll change the name in future version (as currently had no times), so please bear with it for now (sorry).

great tool ill try it, and btw can you upload this to mediafire aswell? that way if link one brakes you got another one aswell :)

Mediafire link added. When I was creating this thread I tried to upload there but always failed.

i was done listing hex offset every pokemon swarm (is need comparing for match narc location ... and if is on a/0/5/7 is need extra note ...) yeah i need time for that :) if someone interesting, can PM me or waiting i post in this forum ...

EDIT:

I suggest you disable maximize ...

i was done listing hex offset every pokemon swarm (is need comparing for match narc location ... and if is on a/0/5/7 is need extra note ...) yeah i need time for that :) if someone interesting, can PM me or waiting i post in this forum ...

EDIT:

I suggest you disable maximize ...

The information for swarm will be very useful. Will wait for your information.

Noted. Will disable the maximize on the next update.

This is legit! This one is just (uh) Oh! The Greatest tool I needed since the creation of B/W trainer editor. By the way the only catch I'm seeing is ppl will get unexpected error if they load the whole file of their B/W rom. it should just be the a/1/2/6 narc file

Edit: The Encounter rate is even laid out, plain fantastic. The Rom Editor for the 4th Gen was pretty neat but that 20% down to 1% is really helpful.

By the way the only catch I'm seeing is ppl will get unexpected error if they load the whole file of their B/W rom. it should just be the a/1/2/6 narc file.

Well, I did mentioned on the tool itself that it only read the NARC (which is the a/1/2/6), but yeah, I should do something to it to make sure it can only read NARC file and stop user from try to open other files. I'll try to look into how I can put that restriction.

Mediafire link added. When I was creating this thread I tried to upload there but always failed.

Thanks ! i been trying it and everything and seems pretty nice in my Eur Version :) ...also looking forward for pokemon swarming and roaming pokemon aswell, but i guess you still need that info to proceed there, let´s hope andibad can get the info quick :D

Also instead of placing restrictions why not emphazize in making the user more aware of the info on how to work the program around cuz those lil letters down in the window are not so noticeable, maybe making them Big Red Blooded and within movement will attract the attention of the user before, or even placing a link in there to a thread and also a txt file maybe helpful n_n

Also instead of placing restrictions why not emphazize in making the user more aware of the info on how to work the program around cuz those lil letters down in the window are not so noticeable, maybe making them Big Red Blooded and within movement will attract the attention of the user before, or even placing a link in there to a thread and also a txt file maybe helpful n_n

Currently I'm working on making the program to support both the rom and the NARC. Will upload it when I done. Maybe I'll make the font of the text at the bottom bigger (but not bloody-red of course).

Currently I'm working on making the program to support both the rom and the NARC. Will upload it when I done. Maybe I'll make the font of the text at the bottom bigger (but not bloody-red of course).

LOL that´s good news n_n but also consider to add the txt file aswell and even maybe adding the nitro explorer in the downloadable file but since you are going to add ROM support i guess the nitro explorer will not be so needed then. Anyway thanks again for your hard and quick work :)

LOL that´s good news n_n but also consider to add the txt file aswell and even maybe adding the nitro explorer in the downloadable file but since you are going to add ROM support i guess the nitro explorer will not be so needed then.

I had added the download links for the v1.0.4 (with rom support). However, I had not test the modified rom yet, so if anyone can test it then it'll be a great help. As for NitroExplorer, I won't add it as I don't have the permission from the author to do so.

wow you using c# net.framework? wow

but if is using net.framework, please added detail for that, because someone is still using old windows is not installed new net.framework, thank you :)

if is using ROM method, it must using a clean ROM...

also i insteresting to learn C# and VB.net language, yeah i was get my copy a book C# yeah started to study :)

for swarm pokemon i was done to search in a/0/x/x, and a/2/x/x, swarm pokemon is not there, is on a/1/x/x ...

hm you can open file more than 1 to edit?

Oh, I haven't test the program on older version of windows. Can someone who got older version of windows test the program and report back the error (if any) that they got? I can't test this as all the PC/laptop that I can reach run on Windows 7, and my PC has no space left to install a new windows (700+MB left on my hard disk).

As for open more that one file to edit, I think no. I think the program is limited to one file at a time.

if is using ROM method, it must using a clean ROM...

By the way, I don't understand this. Are you trying to say that the program only work on a clean rom? If that's the case then no, because I test the program on a patched rom.

Updated the program to version 1.0.4b. Sorry for updating so frequent.

Edited by neltazero

Hm i will tets you new version :)

EDIT: but is not working on my Pokemon Black Korean version, for white is fine... i think is just edit US version ?

for narc is working on both version

for ROM, i don't know...

after download version 1.0.4c, but in about dialog box, is still version 1.0.2 ?

Um... Ive been running the older version of the program and so far i have found only one error that pops up whenever i load Village Bridge and route 10 (which is mess up now) to add rufflet there and when it pops up it tells me if i want to continue or close it. If i chose to continue in village bridge after that only shows shaking grass spots...sorry for not uploading the error image as is in spanish ps: im running win 7 aswell. Ill download the new one and report if the error is still there ! and dont apologize for updating so much, on the contrary that´s great :)

Edit: The errors still shows in the lastest version the screenie here;

screeniews..jpg

and the actual info here on Route 10; http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Unova_Route_10, another thing the changes i maded in both versions were not kept in the any of both versions, except in Victory Road which is the only other route i have work in so far. I´ll report other errors if i find any !!

screeniews..jpg.29c0870cb37cd936231a6532

Edited by wyndamn

um ive been running the older version of the program and so far i have found only one error that pops up whenever i load Village Bridge to add rufflet to the route and when it pops up it tells me if i want to continue or close it, then i chose to continue and after that only shows shaking grass spots...sorry for not uploading the error image as is in spanish ps: im running win 7 aswell. Ill download the new one and report if the error is still there ! and dont apologize for updating so much, on the contrary that´s great :)

Edit: The error is still there in the lastest version it also shows up in route 10 whenever im opening it (which is mess up now) the screenie here; and the actual info here; http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Unova_Route_10, another thing the changes i maded in the previous versions were not kept in the lastest one. i´ll report other errors if i find any !

Thanks for the report. There are a few things that I wanna ask:

- May I know the steps you took for the error to pop up?

- You say you load the Village Bridge map and the error pops up? Did you load an unmodified NARC (By unmodified I mean unmodified by this program)?

- If possible, can you post the NARC you're using?

I had been trying to reproduce your problem by loading a clean NARC, then open the Village Bridge, then change some pokemon into Rufflet, then save. And I still able to load the same location. So if you can provide the above-mentioned information it'll be great help.

Thanks for the report. There are a few things that I wanna ask:

- May I know the steps you took for the error to pop up?

- You say you load the Village Bridge map and the error pops up? Did you load an unmodified NARC (By unmodified I mean unmodified by this program)?

- If possible, can you post the NARC you're using?

I had been trying to reproduce your problem by loading a clean NARC, then open the Village Bridge, then change some pokemon into Rufflet, then save. And I still able to load the same location. So if you can provide the above-mentioned information it'll be great help.

I edited the post to be more exact since i was editing as you were posting.

- For the error to be reproduce i just loaded the narc and then selected Village Bridge and when i click on generate it shows up after that, as simple as that, i can still modify it but the error pops up before doing it.

- My narc was a clean narc it has only been modify by your program here´s my narc file ;

6..rar

anyway route 10 needs to be fix since its mess up anyway !

6..rar

Okay, I'll use your NARC and look into the problem. As for Route 10, strangely I tried to load using various version of NARC(modified and unmodified) and it displayed correctly, but I'll try again using your NARC. Will report and upload the fixed version if I manage to fix it.

Edit: Looks like there's a huge problem with your NARC. Now I'll try to see which part of your NARC is mess up.

Okay, I'll use your NARC and look into the problem. As for Route 10, strangely I tried to load using various version of NARC(modified and unmodified) and it displayed correctly, but I'll try again using your NARC. Will report and upload the fixed version if I manage to fix it.

Edit: Looks like there's a huge problem with your NARC. Now I'll try to see which part of your NARC is mess up.

That´s weird ! since as i said the only thing ive used to modify it its your program, but well guess ill just wait and see :D

I look into your NARC file and I think the problem is related to the Victory Road 1F. Do you remember the changes you made at there?

Edit: To be more precise on what happened with your NARC is the size of the file changed. The unmodified 6's size is 35284 bytes, and your NARC is 35508. So it looks like my program had added an extra 224 bytes (which I had yet to reproduce the same problem). Anyone else had encountered the same problem? More information will be needed in order to fix this serious bug.