Pokemon Pure White/Pitch Black

logos.png

FEATURES:

*Rated X for eXtremely hard!

Because let's face it, Pokemon was made with children in mind so it's made possible for a 6-year old to beat it. These hacks will prove difficult even for adult Pokemon fans. You can beat the real games simply by using your most powerful attacks, but that won't work in Pure White/Pitch Black. You'll have to rely on more advanced strategies like status effects, stat-lowering moves, and switching constantly to keep your team alive. A guide will be given to tell you how to beat the Gym Leaders/Elite 4, but their actual teams won't be revealed because that's for you to find out!

*Old Places, New Faces

Non-Unova Pokemon will be available to you as soon as you begin your adventure. This gives you more team options to face the upcoming challenges. Of course, you should expect your opponents to use non-Unova Pokemon as well.

*Gotta Catch 'Em All!

All 649 Pokemon will be available in this game without trading, transferring, or accessing the Dream World. This includes legendary Pokemon as well, although they will be especially tough to find. A list of Pokemon locations will be provided.

*The Solution to Evolution

Pokemon that used to evolve by trade have new evolution methods so you won't have to trade anymore. A list of new evolution methods will be provided.

*Trainer is about to send in..."something"?

By default in the real games, you'll always be told what your opponent will send in which gives you a chance to easily counter your opponent's next Pokemon. In these games, the trainer's Pokemon name has been replaced with the word "something" which means you'll never know what your opponent will send in next!

*Smugleaf just got Smugger

The truth is, starting with a Snivy gives you a disadvantage since this game is especially tough on Grass-types. To make up for this, the Snivy line now evolves much quicker than the other two starters. In addition, it also learns two new moves - Earth Power instead of Wring Out and Dragon Pulse instead of Gastro Acid. If for some reason, you still want Wring Out and Gastro Acid, you can always learn them as a Servine.

*Pseudo Tutors

The reason a lot of Unova Pokemon don't learn many good moves is because the huge list of tutor moves from 3rd and 4th gens are missing. To slightly make up for this, some Pokemon now learn a "tutor" move by level up. For instance, Unfezant gets Superpower, Lilligant and Vanilluxe get Earth Power, and Klinklang gets Zen Headbutt.

*Doctors? More like Murderers!

Doctors will always heal your Pokemon to full health...if you can beat them! But they'll always engage in triple or rotation battles and have extremely powerful Pokemon with extremely powerful moves. They may be even tougher than Gym Leaders! Don't expect to win against them the first time. However they are completely optional, just like in the real games.

Nurses on the other hand, are very easy to beat and use Audinos, Chanseys, and Blisseys which are great for EXP.

*Maybe you'll actually Read this time.

Regular trainers in the real games never have anything to say other than a few generic lines. In these games, some trainers here and there will have a bit more interesting dialog. Expect to hear references to pop culture, world events, internet memes, innuendos, and maybe even a few things not appropriate for a Pokemon game!

*WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT GETS HARDER?!?

Don't expect the challenges to end once you've beaten the main storyline. Besides the rematches against the Elite 4 and your Rivals, there are more difficult battles in store for you. Can you beat the Riches family, who are even tougher than the Elite 4? Or how about clearing Challenger's Cave, where everything is at Level 100 (even the wild Pokemon!). Don't even think about beating Morimoto the first time!

*Winners really Win!

When the hacks come out, it will come with another challenge for players. Record your victories against the major trainers in the game and you can win actual prizes! I'll give you free shiny Pokemon (legit ones, not ones made by Pokesav), free art requests (because I can draw), and even free online gift cards! I'll post a video up with rules and more details when it is released, so stay tuned!

Possible Features:

*Music Editing

If I finish everything listed above and there's still time left, I'll try to insert a bit of nostalgia by putting in music from Gen 1. Either way, I might hire someone to do it for me. So if you know how to insert and loop music in Black/White, I'll pay you real money for something you already know how to do!

*Title Logo Editing

Not anything major. Just replacing the real logos with edited logos of the names of these hacks (the images you see at the top of this post). This isn't top priority.

Screenshots:

tepig.pngbellsprout.pngrotation.pngsomething.pngwartortle.pngserperior.png

Progress:

Wild Pokemon Editing: Up to Celestial Tower

Major Trainer Editing: Up to Marshal (first battle)

Regular Trainer Editing: Up to Route 7

Expected Release Date:

Last week of April 2011

Credits:

KazoWAR for his Trainer Editor

Pedro250 for his Evolution Editor

SCV for PPTXT

Drayano for telling how to edit Wild Pokemon locations

elementking for telling how to edit Pokemon Level-Up moves

What I want from you:

Think of interesting dialog that you want trainers to say in these games. Make sure it's not related to Pokemon so that it's clearly distinguishable from the unedited dialog. Preferably something funny or something that references another popular game or movie.

Keep it clean. There's only ONE trainer in this game that swears and I'd like to keep it that way.

well, i think yugioh abridged could be rich a source of funny statements. For example a trainer who has a bunch of noise pokemon, like chatot and exploud, could say "My voice gives me super strength!"

If possible at all, have someone challenge you to a 'ridiculously complicated children's video game (to decide the fate of the world)' :)

How do you replace the Title screens for the roms in B/W just to ask. Crystal Tile 2?

Bug Catchers should have more variety in their words and more variety of bug types.

Like say a bug catcher who has a Scyther and Leafwaddle, "It's time for some slicing and dicing!"

Hello. I used to be a doubting Thomas that's why I lurk in the shadows. I'm not a ninja though but I have here a radar which tells me your brilliance. Thx for the post about the wild pokemon locations relying on Hex. It was my first time yea., seeing the long list and those different types of grass has become very aggravating. I was planning to just play my own trainer edit (credits Kazo) but when I saw the actual screenshot of 'SOmething" on your playing field I decided I'm gonna have to wait. I'm not a brainbox when it comes to hacking games but this really got my hopes high to expect something different from the usual.

haha, how perfect is it that the premier smogon hack is a difficulty hack? sorry, sorry, but it is ironic! good to see aragornbird is getting in on the action.

looks good! keep chuggin away and get this released. i really do enjoy a good challenge.

About that "winners really win" thing...

How are you going to make sure that people don't cheat to win the prizes?

From the way I'm reading it, they would have to record the battle.

But wouldn't there still be a way to make it seem legit even if they cheated?

• 2 weeks later...