Pokegen abilities keep changing

Conkeldurr

hi. I know this has probably been answered a billion times, but I'm new to pokegening so bare with me please

I have a problem with my created pokemon abilities changing after they evolve. Like if a pokemon has 2 abilities and I choose the one I want, after it evolves it changes to the crappy one. It doesn't happen to all of them either, just a few.

is there something I'm doing wrong in the pokegen process? I always make them into eggs o that I don't have to bother with the trainer ID and I always use the PID search function to make sure their valid

thanks

Well... Pokemon have different Abilities when they evolve. So before it evolves maybe it has 1 Ability to choose from. Now, when it does evolve, it can have up to 2 Abilities to choose from. You get my flow? lol By the way, what is the Pokemon that you are talking about?

Well... Pokemon have different Abilities when they evolve. So before it evolves maybe it has 1 Ability to choose from. Now, when it does evolve, it can have up to 2 Abilities to choose from. You get my flow? lol By the way, what is the Pokemon that you are talking about?

I'm talking about my Aggron, although it's happened with toxicroak too

I made a Rockhead Aron because I wanted a headsmash set. But after he evolved his ability changed to sturdy

same thing with crogunk and dry skin. His changed to anticipation

I made a Rockhead Aron because I wanted a headsmash set. But after he evolved his ability changed to sturdy

Then you don't have a proper PID-ability for the gen you made it for.

Um... The PID may be the problem here. Your Ability, Rock Head, is Ability 1. Aggron's PID may be meant to match Aggron's 2nd Ability which is Sturdy. So when it evolved it fixed everything up for you. You can always change it back to Rock Head using PokeGen or PokeSav and get the corresponding PID.

Um... The PID may be the problem here. Your Ability, Rock Head, is Ability 1. Aggron's PID may be meant to match Aggron's 2nd Ability which is Sturdy. So when it evolved it fixed everything up for you. You can always change it back to Rock Head using PokeGen or PokeSav and get the corresponding PID.

Or ya can just leave the PID field blank and PokeGen will do the work for you so that your 5th Gen PKM will always have that ability, even upon evo :)

kaph is there a way for it to have the right PID and keep the ablitity class that i want?

Pokegen does it for you if you leave the PID blank for gen 5 originated Pokemon.

If you want to know how it works, convert the PID to hex, delete the 4 furthest right hex, and convert to binary. The lowest binary will be 0 or 1. Class 1 or Class 2.