New to PokeGen and I have some questions.

celltf

Sorry in advance if these questions have already been asked. I'm completely new to this. I'm using it right now for Pokemon Black. I wanted to make a Lillipup, but I had a few questions about some of the options. Here are the questions I have:

When using the PID Finder and selecting the Ability, does it matter if I pick 1 or 2 if a Pokemon has only 1 Ability?

Under the Met Tab where you can select where you encountered the Pokemon, should I just use Tall Grass/Darkrai for Pokemon caught in the wild in grass?

Under the OT/Misc Tab, there's an Extra Bytes section. The description bubble that comes up says that Pokemon data has bytes that are either unknown or supposedly unused. It says you can set these bytes there. Is it alright if I leave them all 0?

Don't use the PID finder. Leave the PID blank and when you generate the code, Pokegen will automatically generate a valid PID. Just choose the ability you want in the "Main" tab.

When generating Pokemon in B/W always set the encounter to Egg/Pal Park/etc. Even if you caught it in a cave or grass.

Leave the Extra Bytes section alone, unless you're using Dream World abilities.

Thank you for the help. If you don't mind me asking, why should I always set the encounter to Egg/Pal Park/etc. in Pokemon B/W? Even if I want to make a Tepig/Oshawott/Snivy and make them look like the starter Pokemon I chose, I should still use Egg/Pal Park/etc.?

I made a Lillipup and Tepig yesterday with no problems. I was wondering something though. If I wanted to use PokeGen for Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or HeartGold/SoulSilver, do I use the same choices for those games, or do I need to change anything like the Encounter choice?

Thank you for the help. If you don't mind me asking, why should I always set the encounter to Egg/Pal Park/etc. in Pokemon B/W? Even if I want to make a Tepig/Oshawott/Snivy and make them look like the starter Pokemon I chose, I should still use Egg/Pal Park/etc.?
That's just the way the game is. EVERY Pokemon in B/W must be set to that.
I made a Lillipup and Tepig yesterday with no problems. I was wondering something though. If I wanted to use PokeGen for Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or HeartGold/SoulSilver, do I use the same choices for those games, or do I need to change anything like the Encounter choice?
Yes it's different for Gen 4 games. Encounters should be set to whatever is appropriate for that specific Pokemon. (I think)

Yes it's different for Gen 4 games. Encounters should be set to whatever is appropriate for that specific Pokemon. (I think)

So, for HG/SS, if I wanted to make one of the starters, I would select Starter/Fossil for the Encounter choice?

Also, I've got one more question and then I think I'm done for now. I wanted to create a Petilil. Since I'm playing Black, I can't find Petilil in the wild. Therefore, I wanted to create a Petilil and make it look like I got it in a trade. For the Location Choice, I know I need to select Link Trade. However, there are 2 Link trade Choices: Link Trade and Link Trade (2). I noticed there were some other locations that had 2 choices like Nuvema Town and Nuvema Town (2). Is there a difference between Link Trade and Link Trade (2)?

Correct.

Idk what the difference is between the two different locations to be honest. And for the Petilil, just set the origin to White and the info to the appropriate location, level etc. Link Trade I believe is for in-game trades with NPCs; even though there is an in-game trade for Petilil, it would just be easier to do it by the method I said.